Author Topic: Next podcast?  (Read 119138 times)

Offline UNSCleric

• Breakout Battler
  • Finish The Fight - 2007
    • View Profile
    • UNSCleric.com - Xbox 360 News Supplement
Re: Next podcast?
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2006, 06:25:52 am »
Hey all. So a few things on the next podcast:

1) It is coming, I have it ready to go, I just need to do it.

2) I have been crazy busy ... working on a new game actually. And once I get into a project I sort of get sucked into it...

3) When I heard that E3 was "scaled back", and I'll go into this in more detail on the show, I was so damn depressed that I didn't really want to have anything to do with gaming for about 2 weeks afterwards. I didn't play a game, read gaming sites, or do anything gaming related. Even the game I have been working on didn't appeal to me much anymore. But then Dead Rising came out and sucked me back in! That and the fact that it appears that cancelling E3 has done the exact opposite and has caused more gaming conventions to pop-up. Plus ... I found out some very interesting dirt on what happened to E3, and I'll share this with you on the next show.

And those people who submitted articles and such for the site, I haven't written anyone back yet, but will very soon as I have tons and tons of applications to go through. But I'm alive and well, just crazy busy...

So was I.  I was the second site on the internet to report it and it made me sick to my stomach.  I'm very interested to hear what information you have on it, but I've felt from the very beginning that Sony & EA were behind it, and then the news came out a couple days later that they actually were, and paid several million each to the ESA to have it done.  Absolutely sickening, and you were one of the first people I thought of when it happened, because I could just feel how much you loved E3.  Hopefully the CEA can help revive a bit of the magic, and have some kind of event in May to replace it.  RIP E3.  I wasn't even at E3 2006, but that entire week was some of the most fun I've ever had.

Hope you check out the e-mail I send you too, thanks.

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2006, 06:58:44 am »
Hey all. So a few things on the next podcast:

1) It is coming, I have it ready to go, I just need to do it.

2) I have been crazy busy ... working on a new game actually. And once I get into a project I sort of get sucked into it...

3) When I heard that E3 was "scaled back", and I'll go into this in more detail on the show, I was so damn depressed that I didn't really want to have anything to do with gaming for about 2 weeks afterwards. I didn't play a game, read gaming sites, or do anything gaming related. Even the game I have been working on didn't appeal to me much anymore. But then Dead Rising came out and sucked me back in! That and the fact that it appears that cancelling E3 has done the exact opposite and has caused more gaming conventions to pop-up. Plus ... I found out some very interesting dirt on what happened to E3, and I'll share this with you on the next show.

4) I have to find a new place to record my show. I have been recording my show at a friend's place since my place hasn't been accessable to record a show (my apartment is very large for Manhattan, but all the rooms always seem to be occupied and they're all sort of open and connected to each other) and I need to find a new place to record my show. And that has been the biggest problem of them all. Manhattan is an awesome place, but trying to find a quiet place to record a show is sort of impossible, and has been a major problem. Any Manhattan listeners who have an idea on this one I would be interested to hear...

But, I am working on getting this all straightened out. The show is ready to go, I just need to find a place to record the damn thing.

And those people who submitted articles and such for the site, I haven't written anyone back yet, but will very soon as I have tons and tons of applications to go through. But I'm alive and well, just crazy busy...

good news concerning the new podcast it gives me something to listen to while on the train  :)

work commitments i can understand but getting depressed about the e3 announcement hmmmm not sure about that one lol
i dont live in the good ole usa so i cant comment on the noise problem is it really that bad even at night ?

welcome back to the site steve lets hope your gaming mojo has returned for the long term  :)

i look forward to listening to the next podcast

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2006, 07:34:56 am »
Good news to hear.

Are you going to be able to share any info soon about this new game you're creating? Or is it a small offbeat title that may not be of great interest to us?

I am planning on discussing this game on the show ... and even go through the entire process of what it takes to create the game on the show. I think a lot of people will be very interested in hearing the process from the beginning as it's actually happening. Altough I also think a lot of people will be surprised just how much time is spent waiting for things to happen. Making a game isn't always fun and exciting, like most things it's just a ton of hard work and a fair amount of downtime.

I can't go into the game details too much, but it is definitely offbeat!
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2006, 09:03:07 am »
Great to hear from you Steve, you had many people worried about you.  I can't wait to hear about the development of your game.  I have always wanted to make a casual game type of game but I am woefully under-qualified (last programming I did was in BASIC on the C64).   Hopefully with the release of Mictrosoft's XNA I can dabble a bit in it.

Offline fluKe

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2006, 08:56:33 am »
Is anyone else losing faith in Gaming Steve? Gone are the days of weekly podcasts, all I have to hope for now is a monthly podcast and I'm not even sure about that :(

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2006, 10:18:11 am »
Just listen to some old vintage Steve podcasts. The news may be old but there is still enough extra information that you won't find in normal news sources to make it interesting

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2006, 02:19:10 pm »
Is anyone else losing faith in Gaming Steve? Gone are the days of weekly podcasts, all I have to hope for now is a monthly podcast and I'm not even sure about that :(

I think he was aiming at every other week, but this week happen to land on a holiday. If there isn't one in by tonight we'll probally get one next week.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2006, 07:43:41 pm »
Well I certainly miss the weekly podcast.   Well I guess I have had way less time to listen to them now that school has resumed anyways.  If he was doing it every other week, wasn't there supposed to be one last week?  Oh well, as long as there is one once a month.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2006, 08:21:16 pm »
Well I certainly miss the weekly podcast.   Well I guess I have had way less time to listen to them now that school has resumed anyways.  If he was doing it every other week, wasn't there supposed to be one last week?  Oh well, as long as there is one once a month.

ah crap, I got my weeks messed up. I guess i'm getting used to the once a month thing, and that's not a good thing.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2006, 08:43:40 pm »

ah crap, I got my weeks messed up. I guess i'm getting used to the once a month thing, and that's not a good thing.

Yeah I was hoping the drought of podcasts in the summer would be like the drought of gaming and pick back up during the fall and winter but I'm getting used to this weekly thing :-\

Offline Bubblegum2006

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2006, 08:55:17 pm »
Yeah I was hoping the drought of podcasts in the summer would be like the drought of gaming and pick back up during the fall and winter but I'm getting used to this weekly thing :-\

I, too was hoping that everything this fall would pick up. i know some of the games i am very much excited for are coming out soon and hopefully a new podcast will be soon =]]

[as a side note, yay first post!]

Offline Kyle_1223

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Was adopted by PatMan33
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2006, 12:23:09 am »
I think steve is working on his new game, its not like you pay for the podcasts anyway. I take what i get, when i get it.

Offline fluKe

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2006, 10:08:47 pm »
Not all listeners are as patient as we are and a lot will move on due to the content not being regular.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2006, 06:33:03 pm »
Most of his regular listeners probably just use a subscription program. Most probably not going to go through the hassle of oversubscribing and will just let it be until they notice a new episode downloading. He probably isn't going to gain too many new listeners though without regularly releasing new episodes. I don't think he does his show though sheerly for the number of listeners he has, it probably just because he enjoys doing the show in general.

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2006, 10:12:30 pm »
There have been 58 good episodes of Gaming Steve. Not everything is meant to last forever.
We had a good run, I'll remain subscribed in-case Steve gets going again.