Author Topic: The Turnaqs (are under attack!)  (Read 10425 times)

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
The Turnaqs (are under attack!)
« on: July 02, 2006, 10:22:31 am »
The Tarnaquians are not seeking an alliance, as they are currently with DUP. If you have relations with our race that need to be addressed, contact Ambassador Hkaree.

Yes, That drawing is extremely horrible.

The Turnaq are an extremely scientific sapient race. They are very advanced for a race of their age, because unlike most races they didn't discover religion until much later in their history. This has been unexplained to this day, but Turnaquian archaeologists have found several unidentified sapient bodies near former tribe homes of the early Turnaq. They live about 57-70 years.

Biology
The Turnaq are invertebrates. They do not have normal eyes, but rather eyespots, so they only tell the difference between dark and light. However, most of their other senses are quite high. They look like a spikey ball covered in blue fur, about 2 feet in height. Their "spikes" and "fur" are modified setae. An average Turnaq will have about 12 arms, with 6 around the mouth(3 on each side) and another  6 larger arms around the body. They can retract their spikes and arms back into their body, because their outside is like a turtles shell almost. Turnaqs have no teeth, but rather those...hair things whales have. On their tounges are rough bumps that laso assist in grinding food.Their feet are webbed. Arms can appear anywhere on a Turnaq, and it is decided when they are inside their egg.An infant Turnaq's quills are soft and not harmful, except for an "egg spike" that they use to get out of the egg, it breaks off shortly after.

Environment and Solar System
Their planet is a vast marsh for the most part. They have no ocean, just one incredibly large lake(Whch is called the lake, like we humans call our moon "The Moon" and our sun "The Sun"), with many rivers coming out. No matter where you are in Agemo'Tur you will see a river or stream.  Their solar system is officially called Echino 45-Q, and nicknamed by some (especially religious Turnaqs) as Hepsoj's Cauldron. They have a single, small moon named Gel. Because of it's size it's actually thought to be a meteor caught in their orbit. This is most likely as it's not ovular or spherical at all. It's has many holes, some going straight through it. Recently primitive bacteria were found on it, which sparked the building of a "Bubble Colony" within it's catacombs.  Agemo'Tur is the 2nd closest to there sun.

Religion
As stated earlier, the Turnaq's hadn't formed a major religion until recently. Though over half of the race are still atheists, the Hepsojeeians still present a large number of the populace. They believe that inside the core of the Agemo'Tur is a mystical being, Hepsoj. From here, he churns his "cauldron"(see solar system). When you die, you go to the center of the planet. If you are truly bad, you will be forced to work forever. You will turn a giant wheel, which keeps the planet orbiting the sun. If you were good, you must only work a single day a year, the rest of your time will be spent on the surface as a spirit, or on the distant Pjork, the farthest planet in the solar system. Here is a paradise only visible by spirits.

Technology
Military
Agemo'Tur is strangely devoid of metals. As such, most Turnaqian technology is made of plastic and other substances.  Most of the army is made of vehicles. Foot soldiers are used less often as to avoid more deaths than necessary, but they are well outfitted.  A typical soldier will have a full body suit of durable plastic armor.  They don't carry weapons for close range combat, though when a Turnaq loses his gun he may hurl himself at the enemy with his spikes out(Owchies). As stated before, the Turnaqs mainly use guns, a common footsoldier will use a maser. Tanks are often outfitted with railguns, or GT-92 "Air Missles" (Geo-Thermal energy taken from the core and fired.).

As with most things, Turnaquian technology is often outfitted with lights.

The Multi-Bot(see pg.2) is one of the few Turnaquian metal things. They recieved it from outer sources. However, it is also one of the few things to be outfitted with "Dust". This dust has been found mixed with the soil where old tribe tents were. It is still being studied, but is already being used. It can greatly increase something's durability. Currently it has only been used in military vehicles.

Culture
Turnaquians are very logical and scientific for the most part, they strive to explain everything about themselves and the universe around them. Their cities are a bright mixmatch of lights. Most of their buildings are pyramid or triangular shaped, ocnsidering those the 2 sturdiest shapes. They are usually not colored, but important buildings and some neighborhoods are painted, incase visiting species come.

Turnaquians love to keep pets. The most common one would be the Eegubs. They are cat sized, bear like creatures with webbed limbs and a head crest. Rich Tarnaquians may keep more exotic pets, like Marshcallers.

Turnaquians have a conventional 2 sex mating system, and they lay eggs. In tribal days, the male would have to impress the female by bringing her exotic smelling herbs and fruits, then shaking his spikes to make a maraca sound. They mate for life, but they can separate after getting permission from an elder. This was the same earlier on, but they would just kill each other if they didn't like each other. Nowadays they get mates like a normal civilization, by getting to know each other.

While the female lays the egg, the male will take care of it, and keep it warm. A developing Turnaquian will stay in it's egg for about a month, then break out with an egg spike. At 1 year of age they go to school, as knowledge is very important to them. At 15, they reach sexual maturity, and can leave their parents.

History
The simplest organism that can be linked ot the Tarnaq would be the Shorestone. It looks like a stationary, bumpy rock, but it is actually a filter feeding organism. Tarnaqs evolved from something close to them, and eventually gained feet, and became amphibious. They began to come otgether, and go on hunting expeditions both in the lake and on it's shores. More intelligent Tarnaqs gained prominence, and eventually they gained sapience. They would live in partially underwater caves in the lake, safely away from predators. One day, a group broke off from them nad went onto land. There they built simple huts. This took much trial and error, but eventually they learned that the pyramid was the sturdiest shape. What happened next is up to hot debate, but something happened which caused the Tarnaqs to seek knowledge, rather than faith. They quickly advanced, and were highly succsessful in finding food.

They built their first city in the west marsh. They quickly expanded to the east marsh, and a few even went to the canyon. The explorer that led the expidition there was the one they named it after, Bern'Lut the Brave. They also reinhabited the main lake, creating the biggest city of their time on an island near the center, this would later become Capital City.

Due to their highly advancing technlolgy they were in the modern age much faster than normal. However, an event was going to happen that would change the race forever. A prophet named Luyt was leading an expedition into Bern'Lut canyon. As the story goes,in a cave they found a talisman. It matched a hole in the wall, and when placed in it a passage became clear. Inside, a mystical light shone brightly, it told the travlers all that there was about himself. He was Hepsoj. They all passed out, and found themselves back outisde the cave, except the cave was gone, and selaed off. Now the Hepsojeeans are the first major religion of the Turnaqs.

Soon they reache the space age. They explored their moon, Gel, and set up a clony there, sparking a new flag to be made, reflecting the new nation of Gel, and the Hepsojeeans.

The first expedition to a planet was to Vladtokju. There they encountered the Vladtokjuans. Before they could attempt to reason with them, they attacked. This sparked the Planetary Wars between Amego'Tur and Vladtokju. The Tarnaquians were nealy defeated by them, when they used a blinding light to stun the entire Capital City, but trops from Gel and Bern'Lut Canyon, formerly agianst all war, came and drove back the invaders.

Soon to come;
More technology
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:26:45 am by Malt »

DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

TheNecromonicon

Re: The Turnaq!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 10:50:51 am »
They sound tasty. Good with some paprika and basil.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: The Turnaq! (Now with 20% more picture!)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 04:59:28 pm »
Does nobody like my creature? I thought it was original.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 05:08:09 pm »
It's very original... but doesn't have anything that really gives it a unique "zing" to catch peoples attention. Try to give them something that can really make them standout. And be persistant. When I first introduced the Necromonicon I had to make people hate them for being god-moddy before people starting liking them. And the Gryfon have three sexes, the only species on the forum that does. You'll figure something out eventually.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 05:09:21 pm »
And the Gryfon have three sexes, the only species on the forum that does.

Not so fast there! The Boabas have 3 sexes too!
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 05:14:32 pm »
And the Gryfon have three sexes, the only species on the forum that does.

Not so fast there! The Boabas have 3 sexes too!

Oh... really? I never read that... well then, there's two! But you see what I mean  :D

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 05:15:05 pm »
Well they do have eyespots instead of eyes, but I'll try to think of something else.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 07:21:37 pm »
so thats how it looks like,i was going to draw a pic for this but now i have a pic for reference
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 07:33:17 pm »
TheNecromincon: If you look at your first page of posts you got Hydro's approval, that's where your popularity went up and the rest, as they say, is history. You weren't the first to do anything (3 sexes, godmod, warmonger, savage, steal other techs. Look through the older topics [can't believe you haven't heard of the Baobas, tsk tsk.]) it just caught someone's attention and you got lucky, which unfortunately accounts for an overwhelming majority of successes. However, your story was well written and innovative, if not the first.

Malt: It is really, really hard to innovate, and you have done a fairly good job. I'd like to see the evolution of their technology, especially since it evolved (for the most part) without religion. BTW, as drawings go, that wasn't bad. I guess I'm rather partial to alternate tech evolutions (my own never developed cars) so I'm sure you can make something really unique there, especially with the eyespot business.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 07:51:05 pm »
Stuckin2004, you threw off my groove :P

If it means anything, I like the Tribbles... I mean Turnaq very much. I really meant it when I said they'd be good as an appitizer before some Cordon Omic with an Omic salad :D

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 07:55:43 pm »
A lack of replies does not mean a lack of interest, it just means that it isn't mindblowingly cool like the Nauceans are.  ;)
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 08:53:56 pm »
Stop with the Omic food jokes, we might have to eat Gryfon too just so they can't make jokes about eating a sentient species.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 08:56:15 pm »
Alwayswatches doesn't mind the Omic food jokes, and the Gryfon would be very chewy and stringy.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 08:58:15 pm »
Chewy..... Your lucky that Kratok are herbivouros.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 10:04:53 pm »
here is my version of the turnaq,sorry it was rushed and has no color(like most of my pics)but i can tell you will enjoy it.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!