Author Topic: Lost  (Read 34901 times)

Offline Tork

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Lost
« on: May 30, 2005, 03:57:06 am »
Probably one of the best tv shows dont you think ? Anyone here watch the show ?

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
Re: Lost
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:39:18 am »
What is it?

Offline Cosmo

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 08:29:36 pm »
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/ - offical website

I watch Lost :D

But lately I'm finding it really slow developing. I'm mid season 1 by the way.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:39:10 pm »
I watched the first two episodes and quickly lost interest.

If its on while im channel surfing, I might watch some of it, but meh

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 06:33:46 pm »
I love Lost!!! One of my fav shows. :D

Offline tomberg

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 03:34:53 pm »
lost is sweet one of the best shows ever!!!

Offline Sturek

• Microvision Master
  • If we can dream it, we can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 04:00:54 pm »
Great show, though it really is a bit slow....but I think that's the way they want it....everytime an episode is over you are really really excited about the next episode :D I couldn't resist and read all of season 1....and now I can't wait till Season 2 is out....

Life, don't talk to me about life.
                 -Marvin, the paranoid android

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 07:55:51 am »
My family really likes Lost, but I don't find it all that exciting, mostly because the entire plot involves coming up with the most wacky stuff to put on this island (a polar bear? wtf?) and then never explaining it.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 02:45:48 pm »
I watched around 3 episodes where they were getting chased by something with big claws.  Was it really a polar bear?  That hardly makes any sense.  I'll probably check it out on dvd later on.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 02:53:40 pm »
I LOVE IT I CAN't WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON!!!

Sorry...

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline merridian

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 03:17:36 pm »
Just thought I would see if Lost has been posted here as the first 2 episodes have just been shown over here in UK.

Very good show i really like it as for the Polar Bear i have a theory.

POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT SEEN LOST YET

In episode 2 you see the kid reading a comic book and the first picture you see is of a polar bear, i had to re-watch the episode to be sure, so i think that he somehow created the polar bear himself and the polar bear turned up just as 2 of the guys were about to get into a fight, hightened emotions being manifest coz the kid was angry with his dad when he wsa looking at the comic. So i think there is some kind of psychosamatic thing going on with the island and that the survivors are creating the horrors. As in the big noisy thing they saw in the jungle, one woman said she thought she recognised the sound of it, so this must be a creation of all there fears come together and remember that the big thing only came out when it was dark, the first night on the isand and when the rain storm blocked out the sun? And when are people mostly going to be scared, yup, when its dark.

Its just a theory and i have only seen 2 episodes so i cant wait to see how it pans out, whether or not somebody is living pn the island making this stuff happen? Is it all a group hallucination? Some weird twisted virtual reality game? Some kind of limbo between heaven and hell? Who knows but i cant wait to find out
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 03:19:50 pm by merridian »
FATE DOESN'T HANG ON A WRONG OR RIGHT CHOICE, FORTUNE DEPENDS ON THE TONE OF THE VOICE

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 02:55:28 am »
i watch it i love Lost its a great program same aobut the adverts problem is everyone knows this is going to be a program which ends on a dramtic cliffhanger which you do really really want to know about untill the 2nd sercis if there is one  :P

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 08:33:36 pm »
iTunes is now selling episodes so that you can watch it on the 30 GB iPod. I think it is cool, but watching it on PSP would be bigger, and better. :)

LordFenix

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 04:18:49 am »
Bear with me as i write this :D...

Long long ago when i arrived in LA weary from my journeying throughout the United States i bought myself the DVD of the first series of HBOs frankly magnificent show Carnivale. Luckily for me i was staying at a really good hotel in Santa Monica so i've got this massive tv with great sound to watch it on... and it's great yay. However Carnivale is so good i watch it all really quickly, just a couple of days and its all gone, and i'm like distraught what do i do for entertainment now? I cant do anything in LA i have a car but i cant drive so you know blah, useless. So stuck in my fangrabulous room as i'm too lazy to walk anywhere fun or god forbid take some kind of public transport i go and i look for some stuff to buy and Lost catches my eye. Now when i left the UK lost hadnt started Channel Four were just showing some teasery trailery type things so i thought i may as well pick that up... so i did. And its great :D i dont know, its at least as good as Carnivale. And to my delight not long after finishing watching the first series they announce that the second series is begining on ABC so overjoyedness ensues.

However, one thing i can say about lost is although its got all the great mysteryness about it, and it's a really refreshing show to see coming out of America, we get shows that are similarly innovative in the UK but budget constraints keep the scope smaller and these days the main driving force behind innovation (the BBC) is slowly going to down the Micheal Grade shaped toilet. Basically said the glory days of British television are over and so i've been starved for something really great, and to have the US with its massive budgets delivering this great programme is... well great... Wait i got completely sidetracked, back up.

However, one thing i can say about lost is that its a lot better when you're watching a whole series all at once. Because whilst its meant to be suspenseful the supsense doesnt really last the whole week until the next episode, it doesnt quite have the same power. And especially now that directors rushed some of those revelations at the begining of the series to appease the fans they appear just to be stalling for time and frankly its hard to keep up the interest in between shows. This said i still wait eagerly for every show to come on. And curse very loudly everytime ABC buggers something up, whch happens curiosly often on american TV.

Whats wors of all though... the main problem with lost... thi big thing that really gets me is the fact that... i'm going back to the UK really soon and so im not going to be able to watch anymore of the second series and im going have to wait for like a billion years for the DVD to come out in the US or for it to appear on UK TV. And knowing UK TV i'll be 82 before the second series comes so i've got aa long wait ahead before i find out what the in tarnations going on.

And as for the emotions creating creatures idea i spotted the polar bear and the symbol on the shark and all that, and it struck me as an idea, but i'm kind of hoping that that's not the case as it would remind me too much of the Sphere movie, which frankly sucked.

The End :D

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 05:21:29 am »
I think season one of Lost will end up being the best, this 2nd season isn't as mysterious as last season but enjoyable none the less. And I would agree with you that Carnivale was a great show. Too bad they cancelled it. :( It would be nice if they would do a movie to tie things up like they did with Farscape (another show that did not deserve to be cancelled).