Author Topic: Pulp Fiction  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
Re: Pulp Fiction
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 04:31:50 am »
The great thing about Memories Of Murder is that it would be almost impossible to remake, since the time and place the movie is set in plays such a huge part of the story.
The only other film I can think off which does something simillar is Spike Lees Summer Of Sam, whch is as much about New York in that period of time as anything else.
By conicidence, Spike Lee has had many clashes with Quentin Tarantino, criticising Tarantino for choosing to portray aspects of black cultural life.The funny thing is that Spike Lee chooses to focus on Italian Americans in Summer of Sam, and does a great job of it too.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 10:59:31 am »
Just bought AND saw it today, I thought it was a good movie. Not as good as some people say, though defiantly still good. My little brother loved it though.

I also bought Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:01:48 am by Cool AN »

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 05:51:00 am »
Just bought AND saw it today, I thought it was a good movie. Not as good as some people say, though defiantly still good. My little brother loved it though.

I also bought Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2.

I like the use of that word in that sentence for some reason. I don't know if it was meant to be 'definitely' or not, but I like 'defiantly.' :)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 06:34:47 am »
Okay....

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 08:59:41 pm »
I just watched that movie for the first time. JESUS CHRIST! Definitely one of the best films ever made. Way ahead of its time.

I'd say it's more of a movie you'd have expected to see in the sixties. Saying that it was 'ahead of its time' implies that movies get progressivley better. But latley I've been watching some old movies like the Alfred Hitchcock classics, Twelve Angry Men, etc., and compared to todays movies, I'd say they are better. I go more for storyline than anything else in a movie, and those are the kind of moveis where you have to think a little bit about everything. Whereas today, I feel like everything is fluff, there's no digging any deeper for the subtleties and nuances and all that.

I'm talking about most movies, by the way. Not all of them. Some of my favorite recent movies have been Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, and Dawn of the Dead (especially the new one).

Dawn of the Dead is (I had the word 'probably' written write here, but then I realized that was a mistake and took it out) the greatest movie ever made. Not only did it have zombies, but all the characters were developed amazingly, especially CJ the mall guard guy. And when that guy shoots the propane tanks...oh my god...

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 09:02:01 am »
Dawn of the Dead is the greatest movie ever made. Not only did it have zombies, but all the characters were developed amazingly, especially CJ the mall guard guy. And when that guy shoots the propane tanks...oh my god...

LOL... I've never encountered someone who likes DotD more than Fight Club. At least not the remake!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 11:46:13 am »
i just saw this last night, pretty darn good ;D

though i was dissapointed that [guy] got shot  :(
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 12:29:19 pm »
While I will agree that the movie did pull off the non-linear concept very well, and had two funny scenes, the rest was shock-value used for lack of talent or creativity The unending fanboy praise for this movie has spawn many copy-cat attempts, most going for even more 'shock-and-yawn' rather than trying to develop anything of substance. A teaspoon of wine in a barrel of sewage is still a barrel of sewage.

-Lego

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 01:30:34 pm »
This is definitely on my "To see" list

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 04:56:10 pm »
Whilst I prefer Reservoir Dogs because I am more of a talking heads kinda guy, this movie is very well made. It's all in the detail. Watching the film over gives you new insights each time. I suspect most of the people who don't like it were either turned off by the violence or weren't paying enough attention.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 05:41:12 am »
I gotta see this movie ;D
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o