Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 241715 times)

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #570 on: March 06, 2006, 10:54:26 pm »
I want an option that you can toggle that allows for mutation, and automatic evolution of creatures (maybe like in creatures, but more visual).
That would be really cool.

-Understated elegance.

Offline A Securra

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 07, 2006, 04:41:07 pm »
Something else, we should be able to, once we reach God Mode (UFO), start new creatures from the cell stage, live thier life, and then go back to our first creature.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!…Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline ElemenoP

• Battlezone Captain
  • All Hail, the mighty glowing geography teacher!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 08, 2006, 03:37:43 am »
I just wanna be able tyo control one of my creatures, at any stage.

The thing i really wanna do in UFO mode, is to re-locate an entire species to another planet, then, wipe them out one by one with one of my creatures(not my ufo). Sorta doing the whole predator thing...i am demented arent I  ::)
http://www.savefile.com/files/184513
HelperBox.  Ensuring a brighter future!
(it's a 9 megabyte movie I made in endorphin. It's pretty funny)

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 08, 2006, 03:44:12 am »
I just wanna be able tyo control one of my creatures, at any stage.

The thing i really wanna do in UFO mode, is to re-locate an entire species to another planet, then, wipe them out one by one with one of my creatures(not my ufo). Sorta doing the whole predator thing...i am demented arent I ::)

No, that sounds pretty cool actually, give him some hight tech weaponry and you're set, sounds cool actually. I'll add it to my wishlist too.

I've also got a wish for on the wishlist, which is dynamic painting for the skins of the creatures. That you can paint the skins directly on your creature in a seperate part of the editor with a bunh of texture types and tools. I know this is doable because a program called 'ZBrush 2" has the same thing.

Personal art galleries:

Offline ElemenoP

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 08, 2006, 04:48:55 am »
Can we edit weapons in the game? If not i wish we could, so i can give my race of monkeys....guns  ;D

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 08, 2006, 04:51:12 am »
Can we edit weapons in the game? If not i wish we could, so i can give my race of monkeys....guns ;D

Yes you can. Will said somewhere that you can design your own tools in the tribal stage. However, when you reach the civ stage, I think the vehicles will be the only thing you can use after that. But I'm not really sure, though it is the only stage at which you receive guns...as I don't really see tribes running around with something like guns..

Personal art galleries:

Offline Beomoose

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Serpents
« Reply #576 on: March 08, 2006, 07:51:42 am »
An oldie from last year:

Leading up to release, before all the preiviews drop on us, I'd like to see a little weekly teaser image on the main site. But instead of a screenie they should have a .gif animation of a new creature/building/vehicle every week. As in the GDC demo, just an in-editor view of a Decapod or trade-walker stolling around. It would give us a preview of some of the items that will be released with the game's launch database, and it keeps people's appetites wet without revealing too much of the game.
With Your Shield, Or On it.

Offline A Securra

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 08, 2006, 08:09:19 am »
Sort of an add on to my other post, but the senarios could be made similar to a random map in age of empires.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!…Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 08, 2006, 08:12:50 am »
Sort of an add on to my other post, but the senarios could be made similar to a random map in age of empires.

They probably will be.

Personal art galleries:

Offline alti

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Alturian empire
    • View Profile
    • art collection
« Reply #579 on: March 08, 2006, 08:43:26 am »
hey everyone first post..

1)  I guess i'd love to return to the trees in a massive endor style city...    ie: once you reach the space god level you can engineer trees to be monsterously grand, and place buildings and structures in the canopy...
  2)  I'd love to place a machine under the ground and wait until a species has colonised a world only to reak havok later on. (war of the world style) - but i'd wipe out any aliens that looked like tom cruise instantaniously,,,,

-alti

i just realised that we dont need to have a weird option in the game to make it look like an endor city- we can just model our own buildings to look like trees with buildings in them..and place the city in a forrest. man its still rediculious in how diverse this game will be.

-alti
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:45:16 am by alti »
-alti

Offline Thimon

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 08, 2006, 12:29:14 pm »
Its been said millions of times but I will add some little tweak.

It would be great if you can see whose(creator) creatures are on your planet.(has been said)
It would be greater to sort of PM with the creator in-game while you eat/be eaten by his creature.

rest has been said to many times.
Colbert:  Is Spore a sex game?
Will:       In its very basics, yes.

Offline ElemenoP

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 08, 2006, 12:54:35 pm »
Yeah, im making a race of tom cruises Just to be on the safe side now, lol.

You may have heard towards the end that in the UFO stage we will have access to most of the editors, does this mean i can give aliens guns and watch them blast each other apart?

Offline Dreyfuss

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Nezumi
« Reply #582 on: March 08, 2006, 02:09:06 pm »
These are all taken from the questions for WW thread.  Don't shoot me.  I think it makes a nice list of the most important questions I want to have answered with a "yes."

Will we be able to choose abilities or behaviour patterns for our creatures, like venom or hibernation?

Will there would be any variance between individual members of a species?  Perhaps small changes in colouring, size, or specific markings?

Are the items customizable? Can you actually go into their properties, or is it just their appearance that can be changed?  How well could the game handle the animations of animals interacting with your custom made objects?

Can you design your own government?

Will we be allowed to have infantry?

In the video I say that the amoeba, sea monster and willosaurus all laid eggs. Can you have live young like most mammals and some sharks or snakes?

For each of these questions that comes up yes I will be very thrilled.

But I also have two more: aside from small differences in individuals, will there also be differences between the sexes?  Will we be able to tell if a creature we pick up is male or female just by looking?  (Does not necessarily mean boobs and whatnot)

And will there be pets/mounts?  Can we have our creatures ride mounts into battle in the Civ stage rather than using technological vehicles.  Will we be able to construct UFOs from natural materials, rather than just metallic and synthetic?

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #583 on: March 08, 2006, 02:17:11 pm »
The collective intelligence has the following to say:

Ambiguous (for Us), yes, presumably (probably quite well), We don't know, no, probably not, We don't know, We don't know.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 08, 2006, 03:15:56 pm »
Will we be able to choose abilities or behaviour patterns for our creatures, like venom or hibernation?

This is a confirmed no. (if you want to go through all the spore talks to find out where, then okay, but I'm not going to)

PS Don't say these questions are more important because you want to see them answered, that is the height of pretention.
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.