Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 241446 times)

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #555 on: March 05, 2006, 05:18:04 pm »
Online Player-Player action. Now, listen. Im not talking having another person bust in on your little world. I mean have specifics set, so you can start at any stage up to planet(the maxium a player could have would be one planet, and space travelling vehicles with a max of a few extra planets, and thats IT. No panning out or exploring past that.) Imagine if they had a way to sort of speed up gameplay or w/e, so yuo could evolve your creature up to tribal mode within a few minutes, and same to city mode. Then, you and your buddies different species battle it out to see who's the superior creature creator! This would increase player-developed material, and also make the content MUCH better. Players would constantly be trying to make better, more efficient, smarter, etc creatures to duke it out with their enemies, and then even creating creature around their planet to help them(imagine being able to evolve another species friendly to yours, but one that would relentlessly attack invaders!) This would be a very cool feature, and could be implemented in such a way that it wouldn't be uber-time consuming, yet still fun. It would be SUCH a good time to make your own little race and battle it out against other. Tournaments, Starcraft like online community,etc, all the while making the "single" player game better to play, and not making the game competitive unless that's what your feeling like(i.e button at the title screen to take you to"battle mode").

See, now that's expansion pack material. Don't think it will be implemented in release, maybe even ever if you're unlucky.
Now where's that fishy stick...

And creatures are going to be as big as elephants and as small as rabbits, confirmed by WW.

Personal art galleries:

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 05, 2006, 05:20:21 pm »
actually I thought the minimum size is as small as a mouse. Anyway the minimum size is a little unclear but it is in the area between a mouse and an average sized rabbit.

Offline A Securra

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 05, 2006, 05:54:18 pm »
I like the online multi-player thing, but maybe you could senarios of sorts that is compleatly seperate (except for the base stuff) from everything else.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!…Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 05, 2006, 06:16:11 pm »
well here is a kind of semi-random thought. I hope they have true forests in spore and not the sparse savannah type grove they showed in the GDC vid because that way we could make arboreal creatures.

Offline Jasper_xx

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 05, 2006, 06:23:54 pm »
Different cities besides land, water would be cool. IE massive tree top villages or caves or deserts etc etc.

I still like the multiplayer idea.  8)

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #560 on: March 05, 2006, 07:43:04 pm »
You can have aquatic civilization, but what's the difference between land and desert?
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 05, 2006, 07:46:07 pm »
hmm, the industrial looking willosaur city looked like it was in a more arid region. We don't know enough about the environment stuff yet really.

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #562 on: March 05, 2006, 08:49:43 pm »
actually I thought the minimum size is as small as a mouse. Anyway the minimum size is a little unclear but it is in the area between a mouse and an average sized rabbit.

You people are siilly. The minimum size is that of a single cell.

-Understated elegance.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 05, 2006, 08:51:02 pm »

You people are siilly. The minimum size is that of a single cell.

you realize we mean when in multicellular animal evolution mode?

Offline kingdrake

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 05, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »
It sounded sarcastic, but hey, I dunno
"The point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
-General George S. Patton

My personal motto^^

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 05, 2006, 09:38:19 pm »
It is probable that the first multistory building had exactly two floors.
By the same line of reason, it is probable that the first multicelled creature consisted of exactly two cells.

Now on to my wish...
I wish for complex life cycles. Alternation of generation, insane amounts of sexual dimorphism, reproductive strategies other than sexual/asexual/hermaphroditic.

Start with little tadpoles that eat algae and suck the sap from mangrove roots. Eventually they molt their slimy skin and flitter away on little insectlike wings, still drinking sap. After several molts, they elongate into something half salamander, half serpent and live mainly off their younger siblings. Many molts later, you have great land dragons/serpents that eat anything that moves. These are all males and ejaculate sperm directly into bodies of water in breeding season. If they survive long enough, they transform into damn near godlike females which are the sole source of eggs.

It would be a foodchain built mainly upon one species. Self regulating and (mostly) self supporting.

Offline A Securra

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 06, 2006, 08:05:51 am »
I think we should able to, after we reach the tribal level, be able to control one of our creatures, like in the earlier stages of the game, as well as being able to build our city(s).
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!…Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline Megagun

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • And the moose comes in the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2006, 12:49:00 pm »
Anyways, excuse this if this has been suggested before already.. I'm new here, didn't bother reading through 38!! pages of ideas. The search feature wouldn't do much good here, either.. Slap me, hunt me down, enslave me or whatever it is that you want if this has been suggested already...

Anyways, Creative Creature Management...

So. I've somewhat always been interested in smart ways to manage and display content. In my opinion, a good community needs something along these lines, to provide for the best possible.. well.. fastness.. I don't think people would really like to spend a lot of time on checking other people's creativities, when the way they need to check it isn't fast (enough)...
So. We all know that Spore creatures will be small.. Let's say 1 to 5 KB in size... Now, let's say people want to show off their creatures (which they DO!).. How? Images. Let's say 300x300 images. How big will they be? Big. Bigger than a Spore creature, at least.. They'd need several images to fully encompass the "eliteness" of their creature, so in the end it'd all be big.... And a waste, since the detail is low, to say the least.. Neither is it interactive... Now... That can be better, right? What if we (read: the Spore creators) would make a light version of Spore, only capable of displaying creatures (in the creature editor mode). What if you could drag a file to that application, and it'd display the contents (read: the creature) of said file. Now what if we add "sporecreature://" URL-links to it (Unreal Tournament uses this, too: ut2004://insert-server-here:port), so the Spore Creatureviewer would automatically download that file, and display it.. Would that be neat? Hell yes! Fast AND light! And more detail than 999 PNG files could ever give you! Best of both worlds, right?
In my opinion, this is pretty much a must, especially for something as creative as Spore... Oh, and the program would be able to run in windowed mode, ofcourse...
Summary: sporecreature://www.somesite.com/sporecreature.extension which then automatically loads a light and fast version of Spore (with only the creature editor components), to let you view said creature. Fast. Elegant. Better than images by a long shot.

Next idea: Multiplayer, Simple wise. Or maybe better yet: "Spectating" a game, content-wise.
I'm not going to dig too far into this, but I'd think it'd be nice (and reasonably doable, I think) to implement a little system that basically allows you to "view" a player's game, by letting that player upload his savegame (or maybe just a single "world"?) to a server, and letting other people get that file and open it in Spore. Hmm. Maybe this, too, falls into Creative content management.. Especially with something as creative as Spore! Wouldn't you just want to see other's worlds? I mean really other people's worlds, instead of randomly generated worlds populated with other people's creations?

Again, excuse me if this all has been suggested before..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:01:48 pm by Megagun »

Offline arithegreat

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Happy Metrod!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2006, 01:02:18 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but a mind control device type item once you have
the UFO that allows you to take control of primative beings and basically play the early stages
of the game whenever you would like.
"Monkeys SHALL meet buglike creatures with flamethrowers, I assure you" - Sadisticfaction

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 06, 2006, 03:48:23 pm »
the monolith lets you heacily influence thier mids, but i do not think that it  lets you control them directly.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.