Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 241706 times)

Offline Zethraph

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #540 on: March 04, 2006, 01:50:55 pm »
Hey I'm new and I don't know all of what has been listed so I apologize if I restate anything. (I apologize for spelling ahead of time)

-Pollination, and Cross Pollination
-Havestible underwater vegitation
-Roads connecting citys (Domed underwater)
-Several Veriations in Weponry (Choice between balistics, lasers, etc.)
-Armour for your "creature"
-Creature Alliances, Galatic Alliances, Inner system government (All creatures under one government)
-Soundtrack editor (allow you to listen to you own songs on your computer)
-Micromanaging not only with a single planet but multiple planets or solar systems.
**Low Price!**

Thats pretty much it for now.

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 04, 2006, 07:33:47 pm »
Will it cost money to get other peoples content.. and will there be an annual fee  :-[
Will Wright, the original.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 04, 2006, 07:35:01 pm »
Will it cost money to get other peoples content.. and will there be an annual fee  :-[

No, it's completely free, aside from buying the game.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 04, 2006, 07:36:36 pm »
as for the soundtrack editor.. that can be done for any game. Just go to options, turn the music to 0%, go to WMP or Itunes or whatev and turn your music up.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Dreyfuss

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Nezumi
« Reply #544 on: March 04, 2006, 10:44:36 pm »
I know this has probably been stated a million times, but I would just like to reiterate that I believe the three things this game needs the most right now are

First, variations of the same species, this can include different sexes, different roles in tribal/city looking different (i.e. different markings, proportions, features depending on their genetics, making them suitable for different things.  for example, one species of ants comes in worker, soldier, and queen varieties.), or just variety in the features for purely aesthetic purposes.  All house cats and house dogs are the same species, but there are hundreds of breeds, and they can all interbreed.  This same sort of variety and basic genetics should be a part of Spore.  After all, it is THE life sim and genetics is a major aspect of any living being.

Second, mounts and pets.  I'm sure lots of us really really REALLY want "organic vehicles" for the city stage.  A big part of my species is that it shuns conventional technology and makes all its advancements by strengthening its connection to nature.  They're basically a race of druids.  So rather than wheeled/sailed/propellered vehicles only, Spore should accomidate for the many nature-based races sure to be created and allow the creature editor to be used to make vehicles as well.  Or rather, give the ability to tame creatures from tribal onward, and turn them into pets with limited abilities used to assist their masters.  For example, some creatures may only be suited for house pets, and the more you have, the more you make your people happy, however some of your creatures wouldn't like pets, and they get a slight happiness penalty while the rest get a major happiness bonus.  Also, having so many pets that they begin to overrun your city would turn off the entire city to the idea of pets as they have to spend a more than reasonable amount of time cleaning up after them, not to mention the hassle of getting food, however it will tilt their society more toward the emotional side as they attempt to cope with these cute little bundles of poo.  Not having enough will make your creatures long for companionship, and if they don't get any, their happiness will suffer that way too, and eventually they will give up on the idea and begin to lean more toward the logical side.

Other pets would be more suited as guards/soldiers.  These pets would be only the most ferocious and aggressive of carnivores and would make emotional civilizations scared and unhappy, but provide much needed security when there just aren't enough sentients to fill the military quota, or when the player decides he would rather put them all to economic use and let the dumber attack pets and their handlers take care of military matters.  On the other hand, these pets would appeal to logical races who would appreciate the more adapted-to-combat creatures being a part of their society because they are skilled at tearing their enemies' troops to shreds without endangering any of their own kind.  They are efficient and expendable, and save the lives of their masters.  Though most creatures would only be suited for one kind of role, some attack pets would be large enough to be used as mounts, and some would be intelligent enough to learn not to bite the hand that feeds them and can double as adequate housepets.

The last kind would be mounts.  Emotional races would adore these as they are both cute and gentle like the house pet, and they provide a great service to their masters, making transportation much easier, and giving them the opportunity to decorate their mount with lavish covers to display the owner's wealth and status, making their egos swell.  Logical races however, will dislike the waste of food and the way these creatures inspire laziness in their ranks.  Though they will acknowledge the mount's uses, as the emotional types will acknowledge the attack pet's, they will see the creatures as inefficient.  Whereas it is better to have living creatures who can adapt and heal themselves on the battlefield, transportation is best left to vehicles, which are low maintenance and much faster compared to mounts, as long as they avoid combat.  Mounts would be almost entirely large, stupid herbivores, though some larger, intelligent carnivores could be trained not to attack their tamers and become valuable in combat as well as out, carrying soldiers on their backs the same way any other mount would, but being able to attack in tandem as well.  The gentler, herbivore mounts could also double as house pets.

Third, as so many people, even me, have been saying over and over, there needs to be clothing.  Not all creatures are going to go around naked all the time.  Why to have clothing should be obvious.  It's both practical for things like armor, and has social uses as well, like showing off wealth, status, or just taste.  I think the biggest obstacle in the way of getting clothing in the game is how hard it would be to design a way for any creature, no matter how bizarre, to have clothing and not make it overly complex for the player.  However I think I may have a solution.  All clothing is made up of tubes and holes, right?  Shirts are a torso tube, two arm tubes, and holes on the end of each piece.  Pants are two tubes that become one at the top.  Belts are just one very wide, narrow tube.  Socks and shoes are tubes with only one hole.  Hats are domes, or basically no tube at all, just a hole and an end, etc. etc.

So, make the clothing the same way.  first step, you create several tubes by clicking on the body in two places for each one 

Offline A Securra

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 05, 2006, 08:14:41 am »
I think this game should be made avaliable to all us mac users.
This is all i've got atm, but I have some other ideas later.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!…Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #546 on: March 05, 2006, 09:50:49 am »
Third, as so many people, even me, have been saying over and over, there needs to be clothing.  Not all creatures are going to go around naked all the time.  Why to have clothing should be obvious.  It's both practical for things like armor, and has social uses as well, like showing off wealth, status, or just taste.  I think the biggest obstacle in the way of getting clothing in the game is how hard it would be to design a way for any creature, no matter how bizarre, to have clothing and not make it overly complex for the player.  However I think I may have a solution.  All clothing is made up of tubes and holes, right?  Shirts are a torso tube, two arm tubes, and holes on the end of each piece.  Pants are two tubes that become one at the top.  Belts are just one very wide, narrow tube.  Socks and shoes are tubes with only one hole.  Hats are domes, or basically no tube at all, just a hole and an end, etc. etc.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
I'll go quick and fast with the questions because we only have half an hour. I see clothing so are you going to be able to have clothing for your creatures, because you only saw naked creatures in the demo.
Quote from: Will Wright
That’s something we're still debating, in the tribal level, what the tools editors are going be, you're definitely going have a hut editor, umm, there’s a pretty good chance that we’re going have a … basically a dressing editor where you can accessorize your creatures. It’s not going be you know flowing cloth as it is helmets and hats, you know things you're going stick on them, like creature parts. So if we can do it, in the same creature editor, with parts, only where the creature parts work then yeah, I'll do that.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 05, 2006, 10:31:33 am »
I know this has probably been stated a million times, but I would just like to reiterate that I believe the three things this game needs the most right now are

First, variations of the same species, this can include different sexes, different roles in tribal/city looking different (i.e. different markings, proportions, features depending on their genetics, making them suitable for different things.  for example, one species of ants comes in worker, soldier, and queen varieties.), or just variety in the features for purely aesthetic purposes.  All house cats and house dogs are the same species, but there are hundreds of breeds, and they can all interbreed.  This same sort of variety and basic genetics should be a part of Spore.  After all, it is THE life sim and genetics is a major aspect of any living being.

Second, mounts and pets.  I'm sure lots of us really really REALLY want "organic vehicles" for the city stage.  A big part of my species is that it shuns conventional technology and makes all its advancements by strengthening its connection to nature.  They're basically a race of druids.  So rather than wheeled/sailed/propellered vehicles only, Spore should accomidate for the many nature-based races sure to be created and allow the creature editor to be used to make vehicles as well.  Or rather, give the ability to tame creatures from tribal onward, and turn them into pets with limited abilities used to assist their masters.  For example, some creatures may only be suited for house pets, and the more you have, the more you make your people happy, however some of your creatures wouldn't like pets, and they get a slight happiness penalty while the rest get a major happiness bonus.  Also, having so many pets that they begin to overrun your city would turn off the entire city to the idea of pets as they have to spend a more than reasonable amount of time cleaning up after them, not to mention the hassle of getting food, however it will tilt their society more toward the emotional side as they attempt to cope with these cute little bundles of poo.  Not having enough will make your creatures long for companionship, and if they don't get any, their happiness will suffer that way too, and eventually they will give up on the idea and begin to lean more toward the logical side.

Other pets would be more suited as guards/soldiers.  These pets would be only the most ferocious and aggressive of carnivores and would make emotional civilizations scared and unhappy, but provide much needed security when there just aren't enough sentients to fill the military quota, or when the player decides he would rather put them all to economic use and let the dumber attack pets and their handlers take care of military matters.  On the other hand, these pets would appeal to logical races who would appreciate the more adapted-to-combat creatures being a part of their society because they are skilled at tearing their enemies' troops to shreds without endangering any of their own kind.  They are efficient and expendable, and save the lives of their masters.  Though most creatures would only be suited for one kind of role, some attack pets would be large enough to be used as mounts, and some would be intelligent enough to learn not to bite the hand that feeds them and can double as adequate housepets.

The last kind would be mounts.  Emotional races would adore these as they are both cute and gentle like the house pet, and they provide a great service to their masters, making transportation much easier, and giving them the opportunity to decorate their mount with lavish covers to display the owner's wealth and status, making their egos swell.  Logical races however, will dislike the waste of food and the way these creatures inspire laziness in their ranks.  Though they will acknowledge the mount's uses, as the emotional types will acknowledge the attack pet's, they will see the creatures as inefficient.  Whereas it is better to have living creatures who can adapt and heal themselves on the battlefield, transportation is best left to vehicles, which are low maintenance and much faster compared to mounts, as long as they avoid combat.  Mounts would be almost entirely large, stupid herbivores, though some larger, intelligent carnivores could be trained not to attack their tamers and become valuable in combat as well as out, carrying soldiers on their backs the same way any other mount would, but being able to attack in tandem as well.  The gentler, herbivore mounts could also double as house pets.

So, make the clothing the same way.  first step, you create several tubes by clicking on the body in two places for each one 
OK well, there is definetly going to be a variation system in the game which make members of the spieceies slightly different. Fatter, shorter, ect.

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 05, 2006, 11:02:01 am »
Can you cite a source for that?
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #549 on: March 05, 2006, 12:00:55 pm »

"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 05, 2006, 12:34:20 pm »
From the interview with will wright, part 2-
One of the advantages of our editor is that is we can take whatever you design and take parametric variations of it. So you design one tree and then it will do all the different varieties of that same tree – tall, short, curves…

Also the above picture by samog.

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2006, 12:52:09 pm »
I could argue that that quote refers to plants, and that that picture shows only variation in height, but samog can excommunicate me, so I won't.
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 05, 2006, 01:21:33 pm »
Yes. There is no reason why they wouldn't apply it to creatures also.

Offline Jasper_xx

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2006, 05:13:10 pm »
Ok Ok. Im not sure if this has been metioned yet, and like heck am I reading 38 pages of posts to make sure, but this is what we NEED to have.

1) Evolve You creatures even after you make a big colony, in case you need to improve them(in case this isnt do-able)

2) Players can create custom...........appendages lets say? like in the editor windows, you can make your own cool little limbs or whatever. Im not talking take of on the standards and modify the dimensions, I mean quite literally make your own. Or w/e

And the final and most important.

Now I know people will object to this, with the obvious air of adding competitiveness to the game, lag, and the sheer feaseability with the amounts of data, BUTTTT.

Online Player-Player action. Now, listen. Im not talking having another person bust in on your little world. I mean have specifics set, so you can start at any stage up to planet(the maxium a player could have would be one planet, and space travelling vehicles with a max of a few extra planets, and thats IT. No panning out or exploring past that.) Imagine if they had a way to sort of speed up gameplay or w/e, so yuo could evolve your creature up to tribal mode within a few minutes, and same to city mode. Then, you and your buddies different species battle it out to see who's the superior creature creator! This would increase player-developed material, and also make the content MUCH better. Players would constantly be trying to make better, more efficient, smarter, etc creatures to duke it out with their enemies, and then even creating creature around their planet to help them(imagine being able to evolve another species friendly to yours, but one that would relentlessly attack invaders!) This would be a very cool feature, and could be implemented in such a way that it wouldn't be uber-time consuming, yet still fun. It would be SUCH a good time to make your own little race and battle it out against other. Tournaments, Starcraft like online community,etc, all the while making the "single" player game better to play, and not making the game competitive unless that's what your feeling like(i.e button at the title screen to take you to"battle mode").

Just a thought.

Offline Jasper_xx

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 05, 2006, 05:16:09 pm »
Plus exteremely large or small creatures. Having a massive colony of like 100000000000 flies with posion, regenerable, projectiles in their skin would be fun. hehe.

And obviously, a massive T-Rex or bigger creature.