Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 241167 times)

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #1200 on: August 24, 2006, 11:46:38 am »
WHEEEE! Somebody finally said it!
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 26, 2006, 04:00:10 am »
I dont know if this has been said before, if it has sorry.  I would like to be able to create humans (or human looking creatures) I would assume you would be able to because the creature editor can create pretty much anything, i just hope it wouldnt be too far off looking like a normal human

Well, I think you could have one but, as mentioned, it'd either have to a hermaphrodite or asexual. I was planning on making angels as my first race.

Um, in regards to the planet-moving and posession, both are very good ideas, but especially for planet moving, I'd rather it had very limited use (say once every __ game years) so it didn't make destroying people too easy.

The only person here who knows about what is in Spore is Will Wright, and he don't post.

well that isn't completely true because he isn't working on this project alone  :P

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
« Reply #1202 on: August 27, 2006, 05:15:14 am »

You know, Will Wright hasn't come out and said, "Hey guys, in Spore, males and females of every species will be the exact same. There will be absolutely no variation between individuals in a species, or between genders. Creatures can never leave their cities once you make it to the Civilisation stage. Also, we've completely taken out the capacity to add feathers or fur to your creature, or to have flying and swimming creatures. Also, insectile creatures are impossible. We've also completely removed collision detection, so you could walk through that tree, but you can't because we've taken out trees too. And buildings. And the cell stage. In fact, we've cancelled the entire project."

Perhaps this is a bit long as a counter to "males and females will be the same," but I'm sick of the pessimism around here.

Woah, cool it. I wasn't even being pessimistic, I was suggesting what you could do if there is no difference between the males and females. What I meant was that if there are no differences, they would have to either be hermaphrodites or asexual... I have no idea how you managed to read that in a negative tone. I didn't see anyone saying anything that was particularly pessimistic. Personally, I'm not that bothered if there are no differences, I think that would just make it more of a challenge and challenges are fun.
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1203 on: August 27, 2006, 07:11:52 am »
Printable timelines. You know, when you get a creature to the Tribal Phase, you get a Timeline for it. Said timeline would show every stage with a small picture of the world it grew in, preferably the world changing as time goes by.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 27, 2006, 07:25:21 am »

You know, Will Wright hasn't come out and said, "Hey guys, in Spore, males and females of every species will be the exact same. There will be absolutely no variation between individuals in a species, or between genders. Creatures can never leave their cities once you make it to the Civilisation stage. Also, we've completely taken out the capacity to add feathers or fur to your creature, or to have flying and swimming creatures. Also, insectile creatures are impossible. We've also completely removed collision detection, so you could walk through that tree, but you can't because we've taken out trees too. And buildings. And the cell stage. In fact, we've cancelled the entire project."

Perhaps this is a bit long as a counter to "males and females will be the same," but I'm sick of the pessimism around here.

Woah, cool it. I wasn't even being pessimistic, I was suggesting what you could do if there is no difference between the males and females. What I meant was that if there are no differences, they would have to either be hermaphrodites or asexual... I have no idea how you managed to read that in a negative tone. I didn't see anyone saying anything that was particularly pessimistic. Personally, I'm not that bothered if there are no differences, I think that would just make it more of a challenge and challenges are fun.

Fair enough. But I've been dealing with "All aquatic life dead: FACT" topics lately, and I really am sick of the pessimism. Sorry if you felt I was having a go at you specifically.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
« Reply #1205 on: August 27, 2006, 11:01:27 am »
Fair enough. But I've been dealing with "All aquatic life dead: FACT" topics lately, and I really am sick of the pessimism. Sorry if you felt I was having a go at you specifically.

Um, yeah, you just quoted me before the rant, kinda gave me the impression I was the source of the anger. But yeah, I have noticed quite a lot of people getting worked up about something they're utterly convinced won't be included, even though they have no evidence to show it. You'd think they'd be happy just to know the game is getting made.
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 16, 2006, 08:08:35 am »
Hmmmm....Flying and swimming creatures are a must. Me wants them!  I heard in one of the recent Leipzig videos that when you come out of the water onto land for the first time, you would look like a slug:  is that really true?  As in, it would look nothing like the animal you made in the water?  If so, major badness dere (i.e. I do not wish it was like that).  Also, is it possible to pull the creatures spine away from the center line?  When one does this with parts (mouths, eyes, etc.) it causes them to become two parts; so, can I do this with the spine, and does it then split into two spines?  That would be cool.  Also, is it possible to make a part of the body wider, in one dimension, but not in the other (i.e. make it flat, like a broad shouldered torso).  If it isn't possible, make it so!!!  Other than those few things, I can't really remember anything else.   
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline edspore_91

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 16, 2006, 09:47:43 am »
Hmmmm....Flying and swimming creatures are a must. Me wants them!  I heard in one of the recent Leipzig videos that when you come out of the water onto land for the first time, you would look like a slug:  is that really true?  As in, it would look nothing like the animal you made in the water?  If so, major badness dere (i.e. I do not wish it was like that). 

Ok an idea possibly a food editor, ok I know its small and really pointless buy hey theirs 83 pages of ideas here its all I could think of that may not have been said. (Sorry if it has been said). Come on who here wouldn’t design food to make it look like there own creature, make your creature cannibals> ok only me who wants that oh well I’ll just go of and hide and eat worms.
Now its just a waiting game until next year

Offline Squirrel

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 16, 2006, 03:21:04 pm »
Well, designing food would be basically altering another species dna, so that's not possible till at least the civ stage of the game.  For herbivores it's the same thing.

Offline mccarty181

• Tempest Top Dog
  • yes I have a thing for rodents...so what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 16, 2006, 03:54:07 pm »
Well, designing food would be basically altering another species dna, so that's not possible till at least the civ stage of the game.  For herbivores it's the same thing.

but with plants ;D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Offline Squirrel

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 16, 2006, 04:40:42 pm »
yes

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #1211 on: October 17, 2006, 04:59:10 am »
How about...well, you'd need the obligatory language filter of course, but...

The communications signals that Will picked up in the E3 demo. What if you could write them yourself for your own species, for greater customisability and sense of ownership of your race? This would, of course, mean that a lot of people would be rather silly with it all, but also a lot of people WOULDN'T be silly with it all. You know that whole glass half-empty/half-full bit.

That way, when another player comes across the NPCs of your race in their own game, they'd have a custom set of greetings/threats/trade offerings etc.

This would be a more advance doption and therefore optional, of course, and not mandatory. But it still be nice for those of us who want to completely make our worlds and critters completely extensions of ourselves.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Squirrel

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 17, 2006, 05:29:19 pm »
that would be cool, but as far as i have seen, every other species you communicate with you can just write out a message.  i dont know how the other species would respond to different statements though...

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 18, 2006, 01:09:54 am »
Or you could have the glasss COMPLETELY full and have greetings you can choose from.

Offline ElemenoP

• Battlezone Captain
  • All Hail, the mighty glowing geography teacher!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:56 am »
I would like to be able to design my creature weapons and such. Giving my race of cute fuzzy green squirells the most brutal looking weapon ever concieved by the likes of any form of life in the galaxy, or infact the universe!

...Or just something along those lines
http://www.savefile.com/files/184513
HelperBox.  Ensuring a brighter future!
(it's a 9 megabyte movie I made in endorphin. It's pretty funny)