Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 241156 times)

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #1170 on: August 13, 2006, 11:18:32 am »
I wish u guys would read all the posts and links before starting arguements that have allerady been answered

Um, the page numbers are horribly intimidating, but thanks for answering that one.

Here's a list to think about.

[commence that really long list] 

Remember kids, boredom kills!

I think my brain's gone numb... I'm almost trying to work out if the page numbers are actually more intimidating than that list. But anyway, government types would be interesting... probably not quite that many, though, that'd just be confusing.
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1171 on: August 13, 2006, 02:18:10 pm »
I'd love to have a built-in movie recorder. I wanna be able to record gameplay movies easily and without issue that I can then put into Windows Movie Maker and put music to.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #1172 on: August 13, 2006, 04:05:28 pm »
 :) Good point! Since they put one in The Sims 2 along with the photo story options I'm hopeful both those will make it into Spore too. Zoom in to get a close-up of the gnashing jaws of your enemy.....great!

I'd like to see an option in tribal mode whereby if you're hunting for dinner (and are inclined to eat meat, otherwise there's not much point going out hunting) with your ragtag tribe of grunting critters, you can perhaps toy arond a little rather than overwhelm a creature, stab it until it stops getting up, eat, and do again once hungry.....

For example, maybe you could have tribescritters scuttle around the larger beast, fastening ropes around its legs to drag it back to the base camp for ceremonial consumption or sacrifice.

Or, hide in the bushes watching small creatures grazing before skewering them from a distance with thrown spears before they can react. You know, like *munch-munch-munch----swooooooossssh--KA-THUNK!* (That's, like, you know, eating, spear flying, skewering. I know I could have written that anyway but I'm feeling pedantic tonight)

Thinking about it, I recall Will Wright saying that the tribal game was akin to Diablo, making your tribe effectively a 'party' by RPG terms, hmm? Maybe a few stats could be in order....nothing too heavy, this is a light-hearted game after all and RPGs aren't always mainstream, but maybe the two ideas above could be carried out according to an individual's ability. For example, your tribe consists of, say, eight critters. Not much of a tribe I know, but hear me out. Two of those tribesmen have a higher level/gauge bar filled (like the Sims gauge bars for skill points) for Melee Combat, two have fuller gauges for Ranged Combat, and so on. That way you can play your strengths and use strategy by sending certain creatures after certain prey certain ways.

If you're a herbivore tribe, all of the above is pretty much pointless though.  ::) Unless skills went into how well you grow certain crops or.....something. Actually, you'd need combat skills anyway to fend off rival tribes trying to steal your bumper crop of cabbages.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1173 on: August 13, 2006, 05:07:06 pm »
Dynamic Sound. Echoes, reverberation, extended echoes underwater, and so on.

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #1174 on: August 13, 2006, 07:06:24 pm »
Nukes
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 13, 2006, 07:43:12 pm »
just a quick idea from me a creture data base will be used to poplate you wold so why not make a seeach engin of sorts for example my planet is in habited but my buddie bob has made a certure i what on my world i would like to able to control where his guy live down to planet thoughts on this please
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
« Reply #1176 on: August 14, 2006, 12:11:53 am »
just a quick idea from me a creture data base will be used to poplate you wold so why not make a seeach engin of sorts for example my planet is in habited but my buddie bob has made a certure i what on my world i would like to able to control where his guy live down to planet thoughts on this please

I'm not so much bothered about being able to choose where they are, but I'd like some kind of message telling me where they are (and obviously, I'd like to be able to see where they are later in case I forget)
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline Deep Lee

• Omega Racer
  • Don't quote pictures. Use words to describe them.
    • View Profile
    • DeepLee.com
« Reply #1177 on: August 14, 2006, 07:50:49 am »
I wish u guys would read all the posts and links before starting arguements that have allerady been answered

Yeah, well I wish Spore was done and released. Life isn't fair. Whiner.
   Oh and a discussion is not an argument.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 17, 2006, 07:03:22 am »
I had an idea a while back that I would LOVE to see implemented, and it'd be a very interesting feature to boot.

You know the tractor beam the UFO has? Think you can drag planets? That'd be interesting if you dragged a planet closer to the sun...and it was inhabitied. That'd be an ultimate weapon..don't like the people on a planet? Drag em away from the sun and freeze em, or drag em closer and make them burn! Or drag meteors and pound them with that..or collide them with other planets!

hey..merging two planets..interesting idea.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1179 on: August 17, 2006, 08:57:52 am »
Hate to be the one to say this Gungnir, but that's been suggested at least three times already...

Offline sporewars

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 17, 2006, 07:26:57 pm »
I would like the ability to "video record" my fight scenes when I'm in the space phase.  This way I could upload them to YouTube; Google Video and SporeWars.com™.  This would serve two purposes:  It would spread the word about Spore, and give my future site, SporeWars.com some free content.  It's a win, win situation.

Here is a sneek preview of what SporeWars.com™ will look like:  http://www.vcellphones.com/spore.htm

btw:  How do you like that tag line:  SporeWars.com™ - Only the fittest will survive!

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 17, 2006, 08:05:46 pm »
Hate to be the one to say this Gungnir, but that's been suggested at least three times already...

Three times..hmm. That's actually a GOOD thing..because the more people want it..the more likely it shows up, if the spore team takes notice..

Hey, speaking of that..Does anyone know how I could possible contact the spore team? anyone?

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 18, 2006, 02:40:17 am »
any one played dungeon keeper 2 is you have you will know the possion spell some thing like that so we lead our creatures into battle ourselfs i can't explain it to people who have not played dk2 sorry
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 18, 2006, 07:10:55 am »
Dude...Major Run-on..

and "Is you have you will"?

I for one haven't played DK2, so maybe you could explain better than just "the possion spell"
Do you mean poison or possesion?

Offline snakes5647

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 18, 2006, 11:12:56 pm »
I dont know if this has been said before, if it has sorry.  I would like to be able to create humans (or human looking creatures) I would assume you would be able to because the creature editor can create pretty much anything, i just hope it wouldnt be too far off looking like a normal human