Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 241109 times)

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #1140 on: August 03, 2006, 09:46:14 pm »
One assumes sentient machines are possible: Replace all limbs and body parts with cybernetics.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 03, 2006, 10:00:17 pm »
First about the vertebrate question. No, it has been asked before but all creatures have vertebrae.
Second, if you don't have legs, then your creature won't live on land.
Third, I'm assuming that the only way to have a piece of building in the air is to take a ground piece and stretch it up to that height. No adding/deleting material.
Fourth, trees most likely are not present within city limits, and the hut is always in one spot.
Fifth, I know that there will be cybernetic parts, but that doesn't mean sentient robots, sooooo... Unsure.
First, the vertibrate question has been asked before and according to WW (in a GS interview I believe) your creature must have a spine.  To make a jellyfish creature, you will need to reduce the length of the spine to 1 bone.
Second, in the presentation from WW and Brian Eno on time, WW confirms that a creature with no legs can live on land.  It will move like a slug according to him.
Third, it would be illogical for Spore to not allow deleting stuff in the editors, but there has been no known confirmation of floating bits in buildings (that I know of)
Fourth, check out the GDC05 video.  There is a tree in the city ;)
Fifth, agreed :)

I hope this clarifies things :) *hehe... my new word for the day clarify*
Book, book, book

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
« Reply #1142 on: August 03, 2006, 10:11:29 pm »
Fourth, trees most likely are not present within city limits, and the hut is always in one spot.

Um... I may be remembering oddly or maybe this is something entirely different, but wasn't there a tree in the city in the GDC demonstration video... they were dancing around it when Will changed one of their buildings...
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
  • I stink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 04, 2006, 10:08:07 am »
I'm sure you'll be able to remove things.  Other things dependent upon that thing might be removed along with that thing, dropped down until they find an appropriate place to be, just not appear in-game, or the editor may not let you save and go back to the game without first fixing the problem.  There are lots of possible solutions.
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1144 on: August 04, 2006, 10:59:36 am »
Just a note on the Jellyfish thing, I think the skin is meant to represent the orientation of the creature, and not to represent an actual spine. I think the point of it is just to help you build it, not to force you to change your story.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Melkor

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 04, 2006, 06:48:19 pm »
I wish WW would try to create a Tie Fighter and post a pic. lol

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 04, 2006, 09:13:04 pm »
I am hoping it is possible to broadcast your location to other races out there in the universe. Specifically, I am hoping to draw dangerous and worthy opponents to the source of the signa as a lure. If you are warlike, you will have all the bloodshed you could ever ask for without going far from home. If you are cowardly and peaceful, you can draw aliens to the most fortified and heavily armed part of your empire. If they send an invasion fleet, you can blow it out of the sky where it can cause little damage. If they send peaceful ambassadors, you redirect them to an embassy world or wherever.

Offline Melkor

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 04, 2006, 09:42:23 pm »
I am hoping it is possible to broadcast your location to other races out there in the universe. Specifically, I am hoping to draw dangerous and worthy opponents to the source of the signa as a lure. If you are warlike, you will have all the bloodshed you could ever ask for without going far from home. If you are cowardly and peaceful, you can draw aliens to the most fortified and heavily armed part of your empire. If they send an invasion fleet, you can blow it out of the sky where it can cause little damage. If they send peaceful ambassadors, you redirect them to an embassy world or wherever.

I am assuming that would work the same way it would in the tribe stage, but yeah, Im not sure how it works if you decided to join with a world to conquer another, or if thats even possible.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1148 on: August 05, 2006, 10:28:51 pm »
I'd love to see you be able to organize invasions of a planet more... In depth. I.E. You set your UFO in orbit and then can use it to summon in reinforcements, tellt hem where to go, and slowly expand your control directly. Once you control a world, you disengage orbit, and fly away. It'd make for much more interesting invading.

Also, I'd like to see it that we could name our leaders. Instead of President or Prime Minister, we have the Almighty Tallest. ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY TALLEST!

Offline Melkor

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 05, 2006, 10:38:43 pm »
I just would like to be able to tell an ally to attack a place I want to colonize, and when I get there, the other UFo is already blasting them.

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 06, 2006, 08:52:56 pm »
I just would like to be able to tell an ally to attack a place I want to colonize, and when I get there, the other UFo is already blasting them.

I don't know, I'd kind of find that takes the fun out of it... like in X-Men Legends when the guys you're not controlling kill everyone before you can get to them. It'd be nice to have the option to get an allie's help with colonising other planets, but I'd rather they arrive at the same time as me.
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1151 on: August 07, 2006, 07:18:46 am »
I wanna know how Procedural Noises works. Does it base it off the shape of your creatures body or just the mouth? If the latter, then it's pretty dissapointing. After all, you have many dogs with a similar shape of snout but they all sound different.

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 07, 2006, 10:59:37 am »
I wanna know how Procedural Noises works. Does it base it off the shape of your creatures body or just the mouth? If the latter, then it's pretty dissapointing. After all, you have many dogs with a similar shape of snout but they all sound different.

I think it's more likely that it'll just be based on the mouth... can you imagine how many different sounds they would need if it was based on the body? I'm not even sure it'd be possible... but then again, anything's possible  ;D
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.

Offline Melkor

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 07, 2006, 03:52:57 pm »

I don't know, I'd kind of find that takes the fun out of it... like in X-Men Legends when the guys you're not controlling kill everyone before you can get to them. It'd be nice to have the option to get an allie's help with colonising other planets, but I'd rather they arrive at the same time as me.

Well, I didnt mean they are literally there before me. Besides, if someone you want to attack has better defenses, its good to get a head start on the battle, and your allies attacking first. From all the info and videos Ive watched, fighting cities with your UFO is not just something nice that happens. I think weapons or the like have a certain value, and you need to upgrade weapons. Thats what Im assuming from what Ive seen on it. WW has talked about his UFO being too weak for certain cities and stuff relating to that.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1154 on: August 07, 2006, 07:36:21 pm »

I think it's more likely that it'll just be based on the mouth... can you imagine how many different sounds they would need if it was based on the body? I'm not even sure it'd be possible... but then again, anything's possibleá ;D

That's the thing. They can generate attacks, movement, planets, etc. All procedurely. Why not do the same for sound?