Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 241707 times)

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #1125 on: July 28, 2006, 01:47:41 pm »
You mean making your creature speciate and having them different but both sapient?
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 28, 2006, 03:15:35 pm »
maybe i m not sure what exatly that means
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
  • I stink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 29, 2006, 06:38:50 pm »
The best way I can think of to express that idea is "branching".  You want to branch your species' evolutionary tree, so that you have two different creatures, but they have the same ancestors.

When they sapient, they mean like us, intelligent and self-aware, I guess.  They like to argue a lot against using 'sentient' as opposed to 'sapient'.  I'm not sure why.

Merriam-Webster says that:

Sapient -> possessing or expressing great sagacity.  Sagacity -> the quality of being sagacious.  Sagacious -> of keen and farsighted penetration and judgment.

Sentient -> responsive to or conscious of sense impressions (Aware).

So I guess they're drawing a line between simply being aware of yourself as an individual like monkeys being able to use a mirror to remove something on their face (sentient) and being able to predict long term results...  More than simply If I eat this, I will get sick, but If I work this many hours, I can get more money and down the road get a promotion, then a better house, my kids will go to a good school... and so on (Sapient).

I'm guessing here, really...  And don't care if anyone thinks I'm wrong.  I'm just really bored. :)
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 29, 2006, 08:00:51 pm »
no thats not what mean at all what ment is you will let the computer control the one creture while you run of and start from scartch but idea is not bad etheir
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1129 on: July 29, 2006, 08:05:38 pm »
Life on lava planets. My bettle-cat-centipede-lavamonsters would be Reeeeeeeally Cool!

I REALLY REALLY want this one so my Necro look legit :D lol

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 29, 2006, 08:22:53 pm »
Well...  I don't think that if it is possible, it'll be like what you think.  I'm just guessing here, but I don't think you'll be able to have the same game go in two directions, guessing from other games.  If you do go back, the next save overwrites previous progress (nothing for the computer to play).

The main problem is that your game may not play your species at NPCs if you're not. ("Your" is underlined because your species will always be NPC on others' games.)  So the first question you need to ask is that if you create one species and play it so far, then start a new game and make a different species (or play it as close to the first species as you can, which I suspect is the closest you can get to what you're asking), can the second species come across the first species as NPCs. (Imagine The Sims, where while playing as one family, you might be visited by a family you created earlier being controled by the computer.)

So if it is possible for your non-active species to be NPCs in your active species universe, then the only thing I can suggest to you is to make two different games where the second species is surprisingly similar to the first. ;)

But still...  Even if you get the Sims type of save games in Spore...  Spore's "neighborhood" is a good deal larger than that in the Sims, so unless your database of creatures is woefully underpopulated, it would be against the odds that you'd ever even find that species in the UFO mode, let alone start off on the same planet as a previous species.  They may even program it so it would never happen.

The main problem comes with Will's desire for you to play the "hero" of your game, that's one of the reasons (or excuses) for the game not being multiplayer.  So if you create species A, save and make a new game with species B, then species B finds Species A, you could theoretically wipe them out.  Well, what if you wanted to play Species A then?  You'd be a loser, not a hero.
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 29, 2006, 08:40:52 pm »
you have a point there ok i will admit it was not a well thought threw idea

Offline SporeAddict

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 01, 2006, 10:51:19 pm »
Ok, well I just got done reading about half this thread, and I came to realize a huge problem with all these wishes.

IF all these wishes were implented into Spore, the game would actually be All games ever created combined into One game.  It's not going to happen.

People wanna throw in 5,000 dynamic RPG elements, 5,000 dynamic RTS elements, 5,000 dynamic Myst style elements, 5,000 turn-based strategy elements, 5,000 sims elements, 50,000 sim city elements.

Basicaly, folks, what you're asking for is the impossible.  You are asking for an actual universe all to yourself for you to be god of, a universe as realistic and indepth as our current one.

Now don't get me wrong, I would love a game as amazing as that, it would be the end to all games too, it would be the god game.  Who wouldnt want to be god?

But in any case, like i said, if this game was made as you wished, it'd be at least a terabyte (1,000gigs) in size.  It would encompass pretty much every aspect of every game that is awesome.  You would be in control of your own little (well actually huge) universe.  You would create not only a second life but a second reality.  The possibilities would be so endless that there would end up being alot of people hospitalized from hardcore-addiction (i'll admit i would be one of them). But let's face true reality here, it aint gunna be able to fit everything.

The game is meant to have a sort of 'theme' as all games do.  Every game has it's thing.  Spore has a direction and goal already set, and all your 'wishes' should be realistically given.  You can't ask WW to add everything possible in all games to just one game, cus he couldn't possibly do it; and if somehow he did, it would no longer be Spore, but a compendium of every game.

Given there have been alot of great ideas that are in line with the theme of the game, and props to those, but there have also been a ton of ideas that don't fit the scheme of this game.  Think realisitic; it's just one game.  8)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:52:57 pm by SporeAddict »

Offline SporeAddict

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 01, 2006, 11:29:08 pm »
Oh guess I forgot to give some suggestions of my own  ;D

1) In any case, I agree that a sort of 'space fleet' would be cool.  Battleships, etc.  It only makes sense.  If you're going to have a game where the 'space age' is by far the largest part of the game, it would suck if u could only fly 1 little ship at a time.  The UFO you first get, as seen in the video demos, seems more like a scout ship to me.  Aside from the nukes and such I spose..lol.  Well in any case perhaps the UFO should be stripped of it's weapons and actually turned into just a scout/explorer ship with abduction/diplomatic capabolities?  I think reserving warfare for cool battleships and such would make the space part of the game cooler. So you could use ur scout ship (ufo) to go around exploring stuff and making alliances, gathering data on other creatures, abducting things, etc, and then also have space ship fleets of battleships that u use for blowing stuff up, including other space fleets that may be hostile.   that would require a space combat system and all, i know.  it would be alot of stuff to engineer into the game, but it would be worth it.  having just 1 ship ur whole life would get boring, gotta spice up the space life a bit.  and there's tons of people who want space fleets anyways. in any case i dont think it will take away from the Spore theme but rather add to it.  with more space ships, and warlike fleets, it would give a more a realistic approach to how a civilization actually conducts space travel.  i mean, if u could make a spaceship with capabilites of travelling anywhere in the galaxy almost instantly, u'd also prolly make more than one ship. it just makes sense.  it seems we are being limited, or restricted, from doing whats logical if we are allowed just a single ufo with all the abilities put into one on it. in any case whatever u do with the ufo is fine, i just wanna be able to make alot of ships.  i love space, and since this is said to be mostly a space-age game, im really hyped.

2) so far there's been alot said about culture and stuff of the game.  i hope that the city's govt/econ/social structure is indepth enough to garner interest from civ/empire earth/aoe/ron players.  if ur gunna have cities and stuff make sure they are fun to manage and employ, not just to sit and be pretty.  give them depth.  from the demo videos ive seen, it looks like all the buildings are just there for looks, with no role in the game.

3) i really hope u can make almost-human like races.  i dont want to be a bug looking freak monster thing.  i just wanna be something close to human. my plan is to be a sort of 'star trek' diplomat.  i cant do that if im some freak looking monster, not that i technically couldnt, but that my heart wouldnt be in it.  my plan is to, if i can, make a bipedal human with some upgrades, bigger eyes, ears.  smaller nose, mouth, chin.  just think 'anime', ha. :).  another huge thing is human-like hair.  hair on the head, and hair styles.  perhaps have the race generate random hair colors too when new kids are born.  i also want the opt to not be an egg-layer. i would like it if my race could have kids like humans do.  basically, i want the opt of being human if i want to.  i dont wanna be forced to be a bug-like monster thing, or a wully mamoth.

4) If playing single player i want the rest of the universe to evolve as i evolve.  maybe have difficulty settings.  I dont know if this is already implented.  but i want the opt of NOT having to upload other players creations to see cool planets with intelligent life forms.  In single player i want there to be millions of planets all over having random life spring up and start.  then be able to go and visit these any time once i get ufo.  i think we can already do this, but i just want to make sure there's going to be AI controlled evolution going on accross the entire universe at random.

5) it's going to be a long game; perhaps the last i ever have to buy for the rest of my life.  Therefore the music of the game might get old...let me repphrase that, it will DEFINITELY get old, lol, im gunna play it millions of hours:, so perhaps implent a user friendly simple music player into the game where players can opt to have their own music play from their computer's harddrive. i hate having to alt+tab out to do all that stuff. especially with big games, its hard for the PC to alt tab huge things.

6) be able to invade planets with your race.  space warfare shouldnt be the only way to fight in space age.

7) Im still super confused on how the multiplayer content of the game will be uploaded.  Will it be selective or automatic? and if it's selective how do u know what the heck ur downloading anyways?  And if it's automatic what if u dont want to have every planet in the world uploaded to ur game.  maybe u think some people's ideas for races are retarded and u dont want them in ur universe even if u never see them.  How about this, have two galaxies.  One galaxy will be your own personal galaxy, the one for your 'single player' game pretty much.   The other galaxy will be the 'multiplayer galaxy', combining all the planets/races other real people in the world have, that were updated to the central database, set to be AI controlled based on what was the latest upload.  So u could opt to visit the database of other ppeoples stuff or not, or just stick to ur galaxy.  So when ur on the game there's a constantly updated multiplayer galaxy and a single player galaxy for urself.  this is the most simple way to solve all the complex issues with it being a multplayer/single player game (what a paradox).

8) Universal Currency for all Space-age intelligent lifeforms.  There better be.

9) Empire names. i wanna create a vast galactic empire.  it's gotta have a name.  so somehow make ur race or whatever have an official title.  i spose, a Nation's name. so to speak.

10) A Living, breathing, changing world.  Have random events happen, not timed ones, but random ones, completely random. for example: randomly a meteor shower comes by and destroys a hut.

anyways those are my examples of stuff to add/change to the game that actually fits what the game is already about.

it also happens to be my real suggestions, so if WW ever reads them plz take them to heart! i love ur game and i made a T shirt that says: "SPORE is the best game ever (And it hasnt even come out yet!)"  love u WW!! :)

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 02, 2006, 08:04:05 am »
Trading at the Space level is confirmed.  I imagine it's more of a barter system than currency, but you can always imagine!

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
« Reply #1135 on: August 02, 2006, 03:49:41 pm »
Um, I don't have the energy to read through all 77 pages of this... but quick question (and it's on my wishlist)... I know we get feathers, but do we get wings and (obviously rather limited) flight?

Edit: Oh, never mind, that was me being stupid and not reading the FAQ properly.
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 02, 2006, 03:58:46 pm »
The one thats on the top of my spore wish list is the actual release date.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
« Reply #1137 on: August 02, 2006, 07:19:53 pm »
The one thats on the top of my spore wish list is the actual release date.

I think that's pretty much at the top of everyone's wish list.
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline zqfm

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 03, 2006, 07:43:31 pm »
forgive me if these ideas have already been submitted, but i didn't feel like running through all 77 pages to check for duplicates.
and i suppose this isn't so much a wish list but more a "will spore feature x?" list.

can your creatures remain invertebrates? in all the videos i've seen, the creatures seem to have a spine, but would it be possible to have, say, jellyfish be the dominant species?
are legs necessary to movement on land? if you don't put legs on your creature will it just sit there or will it wriggle on it's belly like a snake or worm?
if you leave empty space under a structure in the building editor, will it fall to the ground or will it magically stay afloat? meaning, will there be any kind of physics for 'static' objects?
also in the building editor, if you decide to build in the same place as a tree, are you given the choice to build around it or chop it down, helping to define your species as one who adapts to nature, or forces changes in it's environment to suit it's needs?
lastly, can your species eventually build a race of robots? would sentient machines be possible?

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 03, 2006, 08:30:59 pm »
forgive me if these ideas have already been submitted, but i didn't feel like running through all 77 pages to check for duplicates.
and i suppose this isn't so much a wish list but more a "will spore feature x?" list.

can your creatures remain invertebrates? in all the videos i've seen, the creatures seem to have a spine, but would it be possible to have, say, jellyfish be the dominant species?
are legs necessary to movement on land? if you don't put legs on your creature will it just sit there or will it wriggle on it's belly like a snake or worm?
if you leave empty space under a structure in the building editor, will it fall to the ground or will it magically stay afloat? meaning, will there be any kind of physics for 'static' objects?
also in the building editor, if you decide to build in the same place as a tree, are you given the choice to build around it or chop it down, helping to define your species as one who adapts to nature, or forces changes in it's environment to suit it's needs?
lastly, can your species eventually build a race of robots? would sentient machines be possible?

First about the vertebrate question. No, it has been asked before but all creatures have vertebrae.
Second, if you don't have legs, then your creature won't live on land.
Third, I'm assuming that the only way to have a piece of building in the air is to take a ground piece and stretch it up to that height. No adding/deleting material.
Fourth, trees most likely are not present within city limits, and the hut is always in one spot.
Fifth, I know that there will be cybernetic parts, but that doesn't mean sentient robots, sooooo... Unsure.

EDIT: And to stay on-topic, I hope that they include a play-mode where you take a creature or planet or ecosystem or whatever, force a change (small or large), and watch the results.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:32:33 pm by Ogianres »