Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 245367 times)

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
Re: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #795 on: April 17, 2006, 08:08:08 am »
it would be kind of neat if entering a blackhole brought you to a random exit in the galaxy.  It would make exploring fun  :)

But I don't think we'll actually be 'exploring' the galaxy ourselves.  The impression I got from GDC05 was that we could zoom out to see the entire galaxy and then zoom in to any star system.

Offline v_czerny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Melo: vrykolakas
« Reply #796 on: April 17, 2006, 12:31:52 pm »
On one of the much earlier posts someone mentioned ruins. That made me think of how in Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri you could find new technology in ruins. That kind of idea could be adapted in Spore. Just a thought.

Also, if we can have creatures that fly, maybe we could have floating cities? Again... just an idea.
Walk with me a moment,
Into to the crying dawn.
If you walk with me tonight, dear,
I'll show you how to live.

Offline Mcilroy

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 17, 2006, 04:05:20 pm »
it would be kind of neat if entering a blackhole brought you to a random exit in the galaxy.  It would make exploring fun  :)

But I don't think we'll actually be 'exploring' the galaxy ourselves.  The impression I got from GDC05 was that we could zoom out to see the entire galaxy and then zoom in to any star system.

Well I think your right as far as what we have seen in the videos . I think you highlight a star system or Nebula or whatever and then you go there . I did'nt think about that ..LOL .. Seems odd that the UFO would be able to go instantly anywhere . Then again it might be a little boring flying around the galaxy in a warp type situation just for immersions sake . I played EVE online for a while and it gets really boring warping around to diffrent places and sometimes if doing multiple jumps it takes hours and hours . I guess the click and go method they have is much better  ;D ;D
I think I just had a Sporegasm......

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #798 on: April 17, 2006, 08:57:41 pm »
floating cities are a no.  This was a direct answer from a direct question... but perhaps in the expansion ;)  (along with ringworlds, space stations, satellites, probes and other cool space tech)

Offline Mcilroy

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 18, 2006, 02:06:10 am »
floating cities are a no.  This was a direct answer from a direct question... but perhaps in the expansion ;)  (along with ringworlds, space stations, satellites, probes and other cool space tech)

I think it is odd they are not having spacestations especially when they have it in one of there concept art pieces they pimped at GCD ...it's in the imgages thread ..odd in my opinion. It's also a good way to jump from planetery technology to space technology without going from planet streight to advanced UFO . Hey Will if your reading this I think the consensus is " I want space stations "   ;D

Offline Fallen Angel

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 19, 2006, 12:31:36 pm »
or convert them to your species so they join you.

I'd also like it so they might MAEK WAR ON YOU AND NOT STOP. There. So two similar looking creatures making war. Also they might mutate back to their origional forms. (Their own mutate tool)

Kinda like a 'species vendetta. Also other psces might evolve faster so they can attack you if you make a bad impression.
Poster by Qyigbo at Spacebattles
The aim assist in Halo2 is quite insane - in the PC world its usually goes by the name of Aimbot. :p

http://nexgenwars.com/images/wii_forum2.jpg

Offline spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • My website
Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).
« Reply #801 on: April 19, 2006, 04:55:32 pm »
Hi Steve,

I have just discovered Spore. Wow what a game. It’s a game I’ve been waiting all my life for, seriously! 15 years ago I created a pen and paper version of an 'evolution' game involving a creature and a randomly generated planet. The creature had environmental and evolutionally problems to overcome. Every game turn there was an option to change a minor attribute about the creature. Some mutation occurred but there was an overall control of what the creature became. The creature could eventually become sapient and there became a phase where there was a development of race culture. There was also social, economic and political issues to solve, with the ultimate aim of developing a technological society. I am completely blown away by Spore. Here are my suggestions for possibly improving an incredible game, if there is such a thing!!

1   Temperature zones on planets.
2    Different planet types. Hot (Desert worlds), Cold (Ice worlds) with different species tolerance to different worlds.
3   Continental drift, earthquakes, volcanoes, and natural disasters the species has to overcome.
4   Difficulty/playability settings, more challenges, missions.  (Opportunities for your species to evolve).
5   Species tolerance to disease, virus, injury, ageing, illness, health.
6   Gravity affecting buildings, size of creatures / plants, strength/speed and shape of species on a planet.
7   Genetic weakness of species
8   Resource gathering -oil, gas, metals, minerals i.e. some planets may have lots of metals making it very attractive to
                conquer, but another species could have good food source or technology. Invade or trade?
9   Plants having different uses, drugs, food, clothing, wood.
10   Crime.  Social development, social changes.
11   Senses having different advantages, e.g. good vision giving an advantage with missile weapons, PSI and Telepathy
                could offer other benefits.
12   Being able to add custom equipment to creatures, Turning them into cyborgs; or upgrade weak (genetic) attributes.
                i.e. vision, by giving your creature glasses!
13   Automated technology (farms, robots, probes, mines).
14   Super science, star gates, spaceships the size of planets, sentient robots.
15   As they explore and expand, species might face more dangerous species. Warlike, socially or culturally dangerous.
16   Mining, digging into moons / planets, reshaping the world.
17   Formations for armies, spaceships.
18   Another sentient species developing on a world.
19   The healthier or long lived species will help develop technology more quickly and effectively.
20   Brain size limiting maximum technology development.

Just a couple of ideas!

Steve (the almost happiest man alive, I will be a bit more happy when Spore actually come out)!

Offline Mcilroy

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 19, 2006, 06:57:23 pm »

1   Temperature zones on planets.
2    Different planet types. Hot (Desert worlds), Cold (Ice worlds) with different species tolerance to different worlds.
3   Continental drift, earthquakes, volcanoes, and natural disasters the species has to overcome.
4   Difficulty/playability settings, more challenges, missions.  (Opportunities for your species to evolve).
5   Species tolerance to disease, virus, injury, ageing, illness, health.
6   Gravity affecting buildings, size of creatures / plants, strength/speed and shape of species on a planet.
7   Genetic weakness of species
8   Resource gathering -oil, gas, metals, minerals i.e. some planets may have lots of metals making it very attractive to
                conquer, but another species could have good food source or technology. Invade or trade?
9   Plants having different uses, drugs, food, clothing, wood.
10   Crime.  Social development, social changes.
11   Senses having different advantages, e.g. good vision giving an advantage with missile weapons, PSI and Telepathy
                could offer other benefits.
12   Being able to add custom equipment to creatures, Turning them into cyborgs; or upgrade weak (genetic) attributes.
                i.e. vision, by giving your creature glasses!
13   Automated technology (farms, robots, probes, mines).
14   Super science, star gates, spaceships the size of planets, sentient robots.
15   As they explore and expand, species might face more dangerous species. Warlike, socially or culturally dangerous.
16   Mining, digging into moons / planets, reshaping the world.
17   Formations for armies, spaceships.
18   Another sentient species developing on a world.
19   The healthier or long lived species will help develop technology more quickly and effectively.
20   Brain size limiting maximum technology development.

You might want to dig around a little because most of what you suggested is already in the game .

1-9 is already in the game  and 1,2,3 did you not see the video ?
12 & 13 is in the game

14 : Now I was just think about this the other day . I think it would be really cool to have a super advanced ( lost ) civilization that used something like a stargate to connect there worlds like in the series . The fun part being exploring there ruins or dead cities and finding neat technology stuff for your UFO or whatever. Maybe after a while you can eventually find that species and make contact. I think it would be fun and reminds me kind of some of the more fun aspects of the old Star Control 2 game.

15 -17 are in the game to a degree

18 as far as we know this isn't in the game . At least not until you have acess to the genetic tools and maybe not even then guess we'll see .

19 : I don't get what your saying by "Healthy" ? As opposed to a sick species ? Or more war like ? That could be interesting . Though in human history war has always driven innovation more then anything else . So really the more war like a species is the faster technology would develop.

20: Once you reach sentience your done developing biologically then it's onto technology .

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #803 on: April 19, 2006, 10:06:36 pm »
yar...   ahoy there ye landlubber!!!  Me thinks the pretty has strolled onto the wrong deck.

Ye olde suggestions thread be
<-------  thataway me matey....

And ye might take note me heartey that many a suggestion in yonder list might have entire ships with our local urchins hittin ye ol grog and discussin the potential already  ;)

And welcome aboard, always glad to have an extra pair of hands.  Let's hope yer sea legs last longer than the last scurvy dog that wandered up the gangplank.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Wish List
« Reply #804 on: April 21, 2006, 07:17:01 am »
I can think of some basic things I dearly wish were part of Spore. These are the things that would 'make' the game for me.

1. I want to choose, right from the beginning of a game, whether or not to play purely 'sandbox' all the way, or to play 'mission based'. I am sure that the missions are vital for many players, who might be overwhelmed with what amounts to the ultimate sandbox. Many people lose direction unless given a point, a goal to reach. I, on the other hand, tell stories for a living. Stories are natural to me, I need no outside goals, and I often am happiest creating my own direction. I want the ultimate sandbox, right out of the box. It would be nice to be able to ignore, or if required, switch off missions in Spore. Give me the chance to play in this sandbox, as a sandbox, if I wish to.

2. I want to be able, once I reach the Galactic God level, to be able to enter any of the previous levels of play, on any world I have access to, and play from that point; in other words, if I want to visit a primative planet in my UFO, I can start as a single cell once more, go through all the levels once again, and evolve normally a new planet, which would then be part of my game universe, if I choose. I want to be able to play 'start over' without losing my existing game universe, or my original planet.

3. I want to be able to individually control one single creature of a species I have ownership (however that is defined) over and walk it around and have it interact as was seen in the tribal level, no matter how high up the ladder I go. In other words, I want to be able to use my UFO to pick up a member of a personally evolved species of mine, transport it to another world, and drop it down, then take 3rd person control of it and run it about interacting and adventuring on that world. I want to see what a single ambassador can do...walk into an alien city, hunt alien animals, and so on. I want to play Space Explorer, in a sense. I want to run from aliens, I want to be Klaatu investigating a world apart from my UFO.

4. I want to be able to 'be' one of my owned species in what amounts to a simplistic first person view. You perhaps rememer the brilliant 'Dungeon Keeper' game....it allowed the player to 'possess' any individual creature in the dungeon and act through their eyes: if they were tall, the first person view was tall, if short, the view was low to the ground, and with a press of a mouse button, the creature would dig or hit, and with the other mouse button they would walk. I would like to have the option to 'become' one of my own creatures and stroll through the city I just built, or take a walk on a planet, seeing and moving through the 'eyes' of that creature. I want to get the feeling of 'being there' for moments, to immerse myself, to see what they see as they toddle about. At the very least, I would like to have the option given in the game 'Startopia' where one could simply link to the view of an autonomous creature and see what they saw, first person, as they went about their business. I am not asking for a first person shooter, or builder here, all I want is the same thing that 'Dungeon Keeper' and 'Startopia' gave; a means to leap into the viewpoint of a native creature to see the world from a native eye. Nothing fancy or elaborate, just the option to go on walkabout.

5. I want to be able to make my planet entirely if I choose. I want to have the option to build every little thing: every plant, every tree, every insect, every animal, every fish, every single thing that makes up the biosphere....rather than depending only on the game to 'fill in' missing elements from the creations of others. In other words, I would like to make my planet entirely themed. For example, I could make a biosphere where everything truly followed one single design style: my own. If I made a 'living crystal' world, say, where all creatures and plants look abstract and geometric, I would not have to worry about anomalous green plants and earthlike trees popping into the mix, destroying the unity of the biology there. The reasoning for this is simple: I want my worlds to have the option of aesthetic consistancy.

6. I want the ability to specify that the creations of any player on my own, local household LAN, such as one of my spouses on one of their computers, would be given preference over the creations of the outside world in populating elements of my universe. In other words, what I want is to be able to be assured that I am likely to see the work of someone connected closely to me easily and commonly in my universe, without having to search for a planetary needle in a galactic haystack. A switch that stated "Would you like Local Content Preference Activated", as an example.

7. It would be very grand if, when one used whatever interface will exist to examine a given creature, plant, or city or tool, in whatever context, that the player who created it could be named in some way. For example, if I take my UFO, and I go to a planet, and I hold my cursor over the planet, and it says the name, and the conditions of the planet, it might also say, or have the option to say "Creator: Joe Blow". The same could be possible for a hut or a plant or an animal. I am not saying that the accreditation must always be there, but it would be interesting to have it be an option one could activate, so I could see the name, or the handle, of whoever made that weird spear I just gave my creatures. Maybe some people would gain fame in the Spore community as particularly good creators and creatrixes. Maybe one might see something made by a friend and go 'whoh! That was made by Will! Cool!"

Jennifer Diane Reitz
Jenniverse.com

um what this person said

Offline dvalladt

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Wish List
« Reply #805 on: April 21, 2006, 07:41:13 am »
1. I want to choose, right from the beginning of a game, whether or not to play purely 'sandbox' all the way, or to play 'mission based'. I am sure that the missions are vital for many players, who might be overwhelmed with what amounts to the ultimate sandbox. Many people lose direction unless given a point, a goal to reach. I, on the other hand, tell stories for a living. Stories are natural to me, I need no outside goals, and I often am happiest creating my own direction. I want the ultimate sandbox, right out of the box. It would be nice to be able to ignore, or if required, switch off missions in Spore. Give me the chance to play in this sandbox, as a sandbox, if I wish to.

I think part of the point of the game is that going thru the evolutive steps kind of make you ready for the sandbox game, meaning the game is kind of a tutorial for itself -in the same way that in "GTA: San Andreas" the first missions show you the different places and options available, so you know how to use them when you please to later in the game. I mean, even if you could play "purely sandbox" from the beginning, wouldn't it be overwhelming since you don't know how to handle every part of it?

6. I want the ability to specify that the creations of any player on my own, local household LAN, such as one of my spouses on one of their computers, would be given preference over the creations of the outside world in populating elements of my universe. In other words, what I want is to be able to be assured that I am likely to see the work of someone connected closely to me easily and commonly in my universe, without having to search for a planetary needle in a galactic haystack. A switch that stated "Would you like Local Content Preference Activated", as an example.

I would love something like that, I wish it could be done not just to grab content from just one LAN, but to grab content from specific sources, such as "buddy lists" and the like -though I want to play the "whatever is downloaded" approach, I guess there will come the day when I will want to get only content from people I know/designers I like, I would love to visit worlds created by friends and relatives and interact with them...

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 21, 2006, 08:47:38 am »
i reken they should have a mission and a just muck around thing so you dont have to worry about doing damn missons lol the missons will be fun but i want some me time

Offline A Securra

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 21, 2006, 06:04:33 pm »
They should have missions that are optional, and not be necessary, but could give your civi some extra stuff (technology, money, ect.).
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!…Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 21, 2006, 09:27:04 pm »
They should have missions that are optional, and not be necessary, but could give your civi some extra stuff (technology, money, ect.).

We have been told that everything in this game will be optional.  You decide how things go and what to do.  Even if a mission is formal, I would imagine that it would ultimately be optional on if you chose to complete it or not.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Sporinger Z

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 22, 2006, 12:56:25 am »
We have been told that everything in this game will be optional

T-like evolution ;D :D