Poll

Do you wish recreate mythical creatures from the Greece, Egypt, Asia?

Yes, of course
Yes
Maybe
No
No, of couse

Author Topic: Mythical creatures...  (Read 75138 times)

Offline Paroxysm

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • "You must kill your best friend."
    • View Profile
Re: Mythical creatures...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 11:19:04 pm »
I'll make the best possible recreation of a phoenix, making a large bird that is all red, or maybe giving said bird extra feathers going backwards and coloring them a different tint of red so that it looks as if the thing is on fire as it flies.

I dunno, but I will create a phoenix.
Don't say "welcome to the forum" or anything similar to that to me. I've been here forever, just never found the need to post.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 02:03:01 am »
ah like mittheecall creeters 2

I will create lots of dragons to annoy Hydro! ;D

And i will make many cool creature way better and much more orginal ;) Plus i can just filter out dragons or humanoids :D :D

Offline ProfPendragon

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Enigma University Life Sciences Experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 09:47:09 am »
For anyone who is in to alternative religious stuff, I would highly reccomend reading a collection of Jewish creation myths called the Haggadah.  (I think that's how it's spelled. o.o)  Anyway, it talks at length about all of the fantastic creatures that were around when God first created the Earth, including some really bizzare ones.  The one that first comes to mind is the 'man of the earth', which looks exactly like a human, only it has an umbillical cord of sorts that keeps it bound to a single place on the ground, meaning it can only eat whatever is stupid enough to wander into its radius.  While it resembles a man physically, it is a brutal creature, furious at anything it cannot touch. 

I certainly wouldn't want that to be my PC creature, but it would be a very creepy NPC creature to populate an enemy's world with. ^.^;
Spore ID: ProfPendragon

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 02:30:35 pm »
Many people love mythical creatures and can want to know as it would be a world dominated only for them.
Which of them do you wanna to do? Why?

Mmmm maybe but I doubt it. I'm most likely to make movie based creatures such as Xenomorphs, ALiens from War of the Worlds, Species 8472 etc.

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 02:51:34 pm »
It might be fun to do centaurs at one stage, or a variation to that theme. The spine seems flexible enough to make that incredible 90 degrees angle.
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 03:08:45 pm »
For anyone who is in to alternative religious stuff, I would highly reccomend reading a collection of Jewish creation myths called the Haggadah.  (I think that's how it's spelled. o.o)  Anyway, it talks at length about all of the fantastic creatures that were around when God first created the Earth, including some really bizzare ones.  The one that first comes to mind is the 'man of the earth', which looks exactly like a human, only it has an umbillical cord of sorts that keeps it bound to a single place on the ground, meaning it can only eat whatever is stupid enough to wander into its radius.  While it resembles a man physically, it is a brutal creature, furious at anything it cannot touch. 

I certainly wouldn't want that to be my PC creature, but it would be a very creepy NPC creature to populate an enemy's world with. ^.^;

Gives me an idea for a walking plant creature that must stay rooted in the ground :D

Offline Super Sporeman

• Galaxian Guru
  • Warning: Pill may be capable of decapatation...
    • View Profile
    • The Insporation!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 06:37:33 pm »
LONGLIVE THE LOCHNESS MONSTER! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Super Sporeman

• Galaxian Guru
  • Warning: Pill may be capable of decapatation...
    • View Profile
    • The Insporation!
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:19 pm »
The beholder would be a nice silly creation considering it has no arms or legs...

We had a discussion on dragons already (as Morgoth remembers ;D) Let's each make at least one dragon to annoy Hydro ;D ;D

If a creature with two or more vertebral column it's possible, a world of hydras or scylas (a water hydra) will be really cool too.
Couldn't you use a bunch of limbs that have been fattened at the ends to make a 'skull'?
That my friend....SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF MEEEE!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 06:59:31 pm »
If I'm really bored one day I might make one otherwise I'm sure there will be enough of them out there. Of course if i run into any poorly designed mythological creatures or dragons I won't bother filtering them out, i mean what else would i have my handy UFO capability to destroy planets for?
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline 10-Neon

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 10:32:15 pm »
Nothing says "I went into the editor and threw random things together" like a jackalope. I look forward to seeing many other small rodents with unnecessary horns as well.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate." -The Resteraunt at the End of the Universe

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 12:29:52 am »
Some things are just must-haves. You don't necessarily have to let them conquer the universe, but they would be nice to keep on a dozen or so zoo planets.

Offline Jameso

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 01:12:08 am »
I'd make the Liger. It's pretty much my favourite animal...

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 05:40:50 am »
You mean this? :

To be honest, im torn between trying to create my ideal avatar race, on my first time around in the game, or just playing the game for fun and seeing how my creatures actually turn out. The problem with that would be the final form of the race might just look too goofy. :3
Then again, we have a habit of making plans for creatures that are a touch too serious, given the way the game rolls..

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 05:47:46 pm »
well thers an idea... a race of anubis! :P

Anubis was an anthropomorphic Jackal.

And as to those fans of Ligers, you do all know that Ligers are a danger to the ecosystem right? They're infertile creatures that waste the valuable breeding capacity of endangered animals. Ligers are litterally an unintended threat to the existance of their parents. Now, while you enjoy that little slice of sadness, I'd think it'd be neat to add something like Stymphalian Birds.

They don't look too impressive, but they're actually covered in metal that naturally grows on their body, and have a loud metallic screech. Some use claws, some breath fire. Take your pick.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 08:16:04 pm »

I wouldn't mind adding Nightwalkers to the list of creatures. Huge, lumbering behemoths with burning eyes.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.