Poll

For the purpose of getting people to play, would you recommend this game? (don't vote if you haven't played)

Yes
15 (75%)
No
2 (10%)
I'm on the fence
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Conqueror!  (Read 9283 times)

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Conqueror!
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 09:08:39 am »
Oh I almost forgot but yesterday I was attacking KS and winning then he went and switched contries after that i called him a coward and a Tea Sipping Brit and Vivic said that he would from now on call him a TSB too thats what you get for being a coward.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2006, 10:13:14 am »
Oh I almost forgot but yesterday I was attacking KS and winning then he went and switched contries after that i called him a coward and a Tea Sipping Brit and Vivic said that he would from now on call him a TSB too thats what you get for being a coward.

You're forgetting the part where I took your capital.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2006, 10:17:58 am »
Only one of them only one.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2006, 11:03:42 am »
It was only because I had trouble logging on so the AI took about three turns for me and made crappy decisions.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2006, 11:07:43 am »
Ok then One vs One ill send you the password.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 12:15:40 pm »
I love nation hopping. I believe i played three seperate nations in one game and ran them all into the ground. Good times.

Don't do that. If you actually screw up, then sure, come and join as a new faction. But don't deliberately run a country into the ground, because then it just lets less people play because there are less factions to play as. Also, review the first post again.

I didn't actually do it on purpose. I just wasn't that good :P

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 01:09:54 pm »
i was on a game whit a friend o mine this day...i was the biggest country and my friend started of REAL bad surrounded by NPC`s...there was this other player who was real close to him and could TOTALLY help him...so we asked him and he did and then where where a prospering alliance....The lands grew together and he was in the middle of us two...then he backstabed us....attacking my friends land and trying to attack mine (i stayed suspicious whit him so i did defend my borders against him) so my friend was being overrun and i started to open fire upon him and trying to keep my other front intact and eventually he got a big blow cose my friend had a comback and i came whit like 50 units and then he left...making his land a AI land that was actually thougher then the guy who left cose the AI made like 15 units a day...eventually we defeated the AI and my friend had to leave...it was quite a battle

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 01:46:14 pm »

You're forgetting the part where I took your capital.

you're both forgetting the part where i got royally owned  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 04:40:25 pm »
I'm sorry Celdur, but your story fails. Mine rocks more.

So, I'm peacefully expanding my borders, while making a bajillion farms and raising culture. Then Leng and Syphonbyte started making plans against me. (I don't think they were being serious, but whatever). I started all my awesome territories at building troops, and eventually I had about 70 in one spot, 50 right behind it, and 25 behind that. syph got his ass pwned, and I had all my people making gold to pay for winter. I surpassed the need for winter by faaar and proceded to pwn Syph's ass, but he left the game about a turn early. So then Krakow Sam and I sort of mutually betrayed each other, and Interitus and I would have kicked his ass too, because his capital was only 2 spaces away from my main troop builders. But unfortunately, the game ended too soon. I even screenshotted it.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 06:00:22 pm »
Sam turned on both of us, we struck with swift justice.  And that was only my second game ever, I'm proud of that!
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 07:53:58 pm »
I was never plotting against you Vivec, and in fact I never even said anything remotely like that, but okay. You still nearly beat me, but I left to go see fireworks with some people, so I retain my undefeated status. I messed that game up because I didn't have focus. I was trying to do 2 strategies at once which conflicted greatly.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 08:54:51 pm »
I severely pwned Lobster. I took over britain and the small corner of europe just south of it. I kept building farms and culture and then eventually gold. i started stockpiling gold like crazy, getting ready to invade Lobster (whom I had a border with) and then some n00b logs in as norway and tries to invade britain. So I started pouringtroops from my main countires (which were conveniently on the border with Lobster). i sent them up and around and completely destroyed Norway. After that, Lobster and i got into a sortof cold war where we started building up mass troops on our border. His countries had more pop than mine and same culture so I knew he'd pass me after a few turns, so I invaded from Norway and Sweden and my main countries on his western border. The western border was only 1 space away from his capital, but that country and his capital were his best countries. So I invaded from the north and west simultaneously. I managed to get his capital eventually but he fought me off back to my original position, where i proceeded to wear him down until winter came, where he lost most of his troops because he couldnt pay for them. Since i had stockpiled gold, i was fine for the winter so I slowly made my way back east, eventually pushing him back to Greece (he was originally in Genoa, north of Italy).

Good times :)

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 10:10:58 pm »
I was never plotting against you Vivec, and in fact I never even said anything remotely like that, but okay. You still nearly beat me, but I left to go see fireworks with some people, so I retain my undefeated status. I messed that game up because I didn't have focus. I was trying to do 2 strategies at once which conflicted greatly.

Ming: If you help me take down Lobster, I'll help you kill Vivec.

Syphonbyte: It's tempting...

(for the record, I know you weren't serious)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 12:12:52 am »

Ming: If you help me take down Lobster, I'll help you kill Vivec.

Syphonbyte: It's tempting...

(for the record, I know you weren't serious)

It was tempting to kill Lobster, actually.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 02:21:11 am »
wel the guy who tricked me and my m8 was really wierd....while he was invading my friend i was trying to stop him and he whispered....stay out of this i like gup...and i thought WTF? u like him so u stab him in the back...so that was another reason why i kicked his ass

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.