Author Topic: The Kangorians  (Read 39230 times)

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
The Kangorians
« on: June 30, 2006, 09:22:07 pm »
Description: They are a lanky, skinny race two back legs and two front arms that are longer than the legs. They have a long neck and a head that has a flap on the top of it beginning at between the eyes and ending at the back of the head. The torso is skinny, long and ends at the back legs. Along the back it has a set of folded back spikes. It can walk on all four limbs but it prefferes to walk with a sort of slouched two legged walk. The back legs have three claws. The front arms have two much more finger like  protusions and a thumb.The head has a short yellow beak. The Kangorians are dark blue with lime green spikes and yellow claws.

History: The Kangorians lived on a fertile world(named Kangoria) with a worldwide civilization, and they were unified without any internal conflicts. Then exactly 3 thousand years ago a global ice age hit the planet hard. Millions died and society began to fall apart. It was in this dark time one of the greatest scientific minds that will ever grace the Kangor Empire The Eternal Kangar himself( the empire and race are now named after him. Their previous names have been forcfully forgotten) developed his "weather membrane". A rubber-like scuba suit that protects from extreme tempertures. And thus the cold was defeated. He drew up the plans for the "Great Farm" a fully covered mechanized building that covers 2/3 of the planet and saved us from the icy stavation that gripped the planet. The ice retreated and The Eternal Kangar gave us the answer to all of our races problems. Our organic bodies. He designed the glorious mechanized bodies to sustain our conscience in the Universe for all eternity.

The machines break down all of our thought processes into electrons and computer code so that we retain our normal pesonality. We all went in droves and soon 80% of our people had gone with the mechanazation process. The other 20% refused to do it. The insolense of these pathetic individuals was dealt with swiftly. They refused the new way of life thus they were exterminated. The civil war lasted 23 years and the Organic Kangorians were destroyed. The whole planet was treated in the way that organics were destroyed. The society reached a spacefaring level 12 years ago and rapidly expanded. Conquering th local solar system and expanding a bit further out destroying or assilimating all organics who came their way.

Their philosophy: simply put it is that technology is god. Only technology will solve your problems and organics are inheirintly evil. Destroy or convert the organics.

Technology: Space travel is still relitively new to them, but their planetary defenses are quite good. They are perfect survivalists with the mechanized bodies and advanced life support systems. But most of all our technology has produced the "The Great Throne". Long ago our people realized that even with his mechanical body The Eternal Kangor could still be taken from us. thus in his great wisdom he put his own intelligence, his very self into " The Great Throne" which directs all things that happen in the Empire, every ship every person, every possible being in the Empire is run by him.
Drone technology is also being implimented, because reproduction is still impossable they created many drones that perform simple tasks like manning a gun turret or flying a ship from point A to B

Military: Very new to space combat but mechanized bodies makes for a very powerful ground force.

Recently: While our scouting ships were searching the outer perimeter of the Empire they found disturbing evidence that the Organic Kangorians had somehow settled there. The armada had moved to the Organic Kangorians base and met in combat with them. We had vanquished the enemy but had found a very revealing space map. Apparantly they had spread throughout the Universe in small numbers fleeing for their lives. The true mechanized Kangorians have a new motive for living, hunting these false Kangorians from the Universe.

ooc: they are a new force in the universe, but they are still a small fish in a big pond. They have an attitude problem. i thought it would be interesting them being kind of a seperate entity only really bothring you if they think that Organic Kangorians visited you from the new star map they found. so uhhh... i hope it works out if you guys dont like the idea ill drop these guys and delete this post. Please reply! 

Here is a pic of what Kangorians looked like in the past. In the current time though after the mechanization process most Kangorians have lost their muscles and are now lanky.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:19:41 pm by HanianKnight »

By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: The Kangorians
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 09:31:45 pm »
Delete it? NO don't do that this is great!  ;D
(And here I thought they were going to be lame Kangaroos, almost missed this.   :D  )
I would love to see the mechnized versions start to be active, the Ryndalians would clash with them a bit though.
(The Ryndalians belief of making everything organic and sentient that is.)
Think about the conflict!    ;)
Keep updating!

What will you do?

Offline arriman

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 10:18:24 pm »
don't delete your post! this is an interesting race,  like how the ice age led them towards technology to solve all of their problems

o yea, and how are offspring created since they are mechanized?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 10:20:15 pm »
he being the nice guy i am tried to draw a kangorian,but i don't think i got it right
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 10:23:06 pm »
Destroy or convert organics? I like these guys...reminds me of my babies  :D Except my babies are organics killing organics... if you had come along sooner before the Necrid Discord we could have been great allies, the Necromonicon would have converted to technology without a second thought... but alas  :(

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 10:25:52 pm »
yay! evil robots!  ;D
so do they hate all organics, or just organic kangorians?

and if they need an 'attitude adjustment', i'm sure we can find some organics to...kick their shiny metal asses (as bender would say)  ;) :D

anyways, i like 'em...the 'great throne' reminds me of the emperor in warhammer 40k

and nice picture, a13gt  :) 
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 10:30:32 pm »
I could fill that position, as the Ryndalians really wouldn't like the idea of everything becoming mechanized. While it is complex, which is their goal, it opposes it by eliminating genetics, their main asset.

What will you do?

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 10:32:49 pm »
Thanks for the responses so soon. Im definantly gonna keep these guys. Also thats a really good picture of the kangorians its better than my little sketches. As for reproduction the conquered organics that show promise are put into a Kangorian mechanized body. Other than that no new ones have been made since the mechanazation process. The labs have tried duplicating old brain code but it has had very little sucess. Also they hate the Kangorian organics intensly,but they only want to convert the other organics( by force if neccisary). I have only made contact with the Syborn right now but i hope to meet some new races.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:38:45 pm by HanianKnight »
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 11:11:01 pm »
Ah so they're the cybermen of the fanfic universe?...............................................................Yay cybermen!  ;D
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 02:12:42 am »
Nice race, i also liked Cybermen. There would be one hell of a clash if the Viziera were still around.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 07:07:05 am »
Update: The Kangorian Empire has just made contact with O.T.H.E.R. They are still relying on the old starmap of the Organic Kangorians so they dont know about the wars or any Galactic history.

O.T.H.E.R. seems hostile to mechanization, this will be noted in the logbook for future referance.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 07:51:21 am by HanianKnight »

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 07:57:06 am »
OOC: O.T.H.E.R is not hostile to mechanization, O.T.H.E.R doenst know anything about your species. We do not even know if you are mechanized yet!

Note: I doubt O.T.H.E.R will be paticulraly friendly to mechanization :p
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 08:05:52 am »
The Kangorian Empire is indeed mechanized. All members of the Kangorians traded in their weak fragile organic forms for mechanized ones. Our mission in the Universe is Two teired, 1.Destroy the Organic Kangorians
                 2. Convert all life forms to mechanization.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 08:11:15 am »
////The Auyuelcliads doubt you will have much popularity in the wider universe. The main super powers of our galaxy: The ViS, The Nauceans and The Torpals would all be against it. The Nauceans following the robotic uprising, The ViS because of thier love of simplicity, and Torpals are, well, Torpals.

The only non-organic race The Auyuelcliads have much contact with are The Wexxians, who rever organics.
We think you should re-think your aims, they are dentrimental to progress.///

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 08:25:14 am »
//We may be able to reach certain agreements with other races as we only need to destroy the Organic Kangorians we have no need for conflict with other races as long as they do not aid the Organic Kangorians. The time for violence is still very far off and unnecisary//
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:36:52 am by HanianKnight »