Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest  (Read 21850 times)

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2006, 08:42:17 pm »
As far as the Elizabeth/Jack scenario goes, I thought of one potential reason aside from being mad about the lying and wanting to keep everyone alive. That possibly she did like and secretly fancy/love him but didn't want to admit or face the fact. Couldn't, because she was supposed to love Will. She tried to deny it, but that wasn't working either. So she got rid of him, in a way that made it look as though he were sacrificing himself to save the rest.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2006, 08:44:52 pm »
OWNAGE! ;D I absolutly lobed this movie. especially the music.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2006, 04:40:57 am »
As far as the Elizabeth/Jack scenario goes, I thought of one potential reason aside from being mad about the lying and wanting to keep everyone alive. That possibly she did like and secretly fancy/love him but didn't want to admit or face the fact. Couldn't, because she was supposed to love Will. She tried to deny it, but that wasn't working either. So she got rid of him, in a way that made it look as though he were sacrificing himself to save the rest.

Makes sense, but that's going to be a pretty bad move when they go and find him isn't it in the next film?  Jack just starts to realise his "Good" (i hate saying "good", but you get what i mean) side and does something heroic after she told him to do so, and then she backstabs him.  I'd love it if he comes back with a vengeance (perhaps some sort of blood curse to kill Elizabeth?) in the final film, and that Jack AND Davy Jones are two separate villains.  It would be a turn-around having Barbossa working for the greater good, but i could see another Norrington-Will-Jack triangle going on between the villains.  Barbossa i wouldn't trust to stay good, and if he, Sparrow, and Davy Jones are vying for power and dominance then we could see an interesting scenario with Elizabeth and Will caught up in the middle.

I'd love to see some Hornblower-esque navy action with the Flying Dutchman and whatever ship Barbossa/Jack gets rip into some of the East India Company or Royal Navy.  That would be absolutely quality.

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2006, 08:22:13 am »
Quite frankly I never enjoy the middle films as much as the first or third ones in a trilogy. I thought the first PotC movie was great but the only thing I liked from the first sequel was Davy Jones. Dunno is it the first time that the actual character of Davy Jones make it to silver screen?

As well as the endless unfinished plots that were thrown into the first sequel the main characters weren't just as fun as the first movie. Most jokes were repeated, unoriginal and mostly forced. The best joke that Johnny Depp delivered in the sequel, in my opinion was "Where's the thump thump?"

The ending of Dead Man's Chest and the rumors that are currently in the air are quite promising though and all the interviews I read here and there are suggesting a very good film with a grand finale.

Dunno but there's a little voice inside of me that says the third movie will be something simillar to Dreamworks animated movie Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas. In this cartoon the main character actually travels to what they call Worlds End. Interestingly, Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio, the screenwriters of PotC films were the creative consultants of that movie... Ah well... We shall see...

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2006, 05:45:07 pm »
I thought the first PotC movie was great but the only thing I liked from the first sequel was Davy Jones. Dunno is it the first time that the actual character of Davy Jones make it to silver screen?

Likely, you're experiencing Bill Nighy, an absolutely phenomenal actor, for the first time.  8) You should check out his other movies.

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2006, 02:44:41 am »
Good heavens... No, no, no!! I mean, no way!! I know of Bill Nighy and his superb performances in movies! What I meant was that it is the first time that I see Davy Jones as a main character of a big budget movie and I get to see how he looks. Usually he is just reffered to, in movies so I was amazed both by his actual looks and Bill Nighy's performance was top-notch as usual.