Poll

The information on the Syrbor I'd like to see next is...

technology such as their nanocells.
2 (15.4%)
their homeplanet and cities.
6 (46.2%)
a diagram of their home system.
3 (23.1%)
just a bunch more pretty pictures with litte/no explanation!
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: New Race: The Syrbor (take the poll!)  (Read 18317 times)

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
Re: New Race: The Syrbor
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 09:01:39 pm »
Whoo!? Seriously, if it looks anything like your ship, and species, I think we could actually the next Naucean.

Hey thanks!  Thats quite the compliment seeing that the Naucean thread has over 1000 replies and seems to be the highest regarded species around here.  I'd sure like to have a race that's up to par with the Nauceans(I don't mean technology-wise or anything like that, I mean 'up to par' as in they're as interesting and have as much info as the Nauceans)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 09:08:59 pm »
Thanks, I said that based mostly on your pictures, it might be a good idea to slightly copy off how Hydro did it, the swarm works together to better itself. You may be the second of the new form.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 09:12:37 pm »
the swarm works together to better itself. You may be the second of the new form.

Could you elaborate on what you mean?  This last part is jibberish to me.

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 09:25:26 pm »
Yeah, some alien forms (I guess) go in a swarm, giving new tries of attacking trying to evolve, I was saying, in a metophore way, that we're a swarm and that The Naucean was a succeful way of "attacking" and your the first to utilize that information =P

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 09:26:22 pm »
Yeah, some alien forms (I guess) go in a swarm, giving new tries of attacking trying to evolve, I was saying, in a metophore way, that we're a swarm and that The Naucean was a succeful way of "attacking" and your the first to utilize that information =P

Oooooooh gotcha

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 11:09:30 am »

This is the Syrbor's Carrier and the Transfighter which the Carriers hold in their bays.  Syrbor Carriers each have 6 bays, usually holding two squadron each but capable of holding a little over 3.  Each squadron contains 7 Transfighters.  The Transfighters are capable of space flight as well as atmospheric flight when their wings are depoyed.  While in space aerodynamics do not apply because there is not air to cut through, so the wings are retracted making the fighters a smaller target, but when in an atmosphere the wings are deployed to provide lift and more control during flight.  The Carrier and Transfighters are part of the Syrbor's new initiative to construct a large fleet of ships capable of defending Frittera along with any future settlements on new planets.  A contingent of three carriers have been sent to the Yunimius home world to help them in their fight against the Ulinium Empire.  This will be their first time being used in the field but it is predicted that the ships will be a great help to the UNOU.

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 12:45:55 pm »
Heh, the Carrier looks kinda looks like a gun without the handle.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 01:42:22 pm »
//Now that the Kangorian ambassador has arrived he would like to thank your race for their kindness witha gift of 5,000 of the new battle drones. They are effective at defence and could serve as bodygaurds for your leaders//
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 01:49:23 pm by HanianKnight »
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 02:08:42 pm »
Fritteran Wildlife:

1 Krato Worm:  One of the most common and basic creatures of Frittera is the Krato Worm.  It has numerous eyespots located on the front of its body and a sticky a long tongue that it uses to absorb nutrients from practically anything.  Krato worms are relatively slow moving and mostly found in swampy areas but also appear after recent rainfall.  Their six legs are incapable of holding them up when they're out of the water.  The legs are primarily used for slowly pushing their bodies through the ground and crawling on the bottom of ponds.

2 Litwor:  Litwors are another common site on Frittera and their primary food source is the most common creature, you guessed it, the Krato Worm!  They are also known to eat other small creatures such as insects but mostly stick to an all Krato and Water diet.  Litwors are good farm animals and used for their milk, meat and eggs.  Litwors are one of the only creatures that lay eggs and ALSO nurse their young.  The eggs tend to be relatively soft when laid but when cooked the shell hardens and then cracks itself open, revealing a nicely cooked meal inside.  Only non-fertilized eggs are cooked of course.

3 Talcawb:  One of the many flying mammals of Frittera the Talcawb is nocturnal.  It has three eyes, the third of which is positioned on the other side of it's head, this allows it to see in all directions while not having to turn its head, and turning your head for a Talcawb is impossible.  They fly very fast and hunt other creatures that live in mostly in trees and some that dwell on the ground.  They swoop down and a fraction of a second after coming up from a dive is when they lash out their claw-ended tail and grab their prey.  They are also known to wait in trees for prey to come onto a branch underneath them and then grab them while sitting on an upper branch.

4 Grissack:  One of the greatest predators of Frittera, the Grissack is a best of legend.  Long ago it could make a warrior into a hero if he could slay a Grissack, and even more notable would be wiping out an entire pack, which is debated on wether it can be done by one Syrbor alone.  Grissacks are very fast and live on the edges of forests, in fact thats where the Grissack's name comes from.  Griss is an ancient Syrbor word for forest and Ack is the ancient word for guardian.  They are known to roam around the edges of great forests and hunt creatures both within the forest and those outside of it, in open fields.

P.S.-hey maybe a Torpal should come try to fight an pack of Grissacks, he could be the first alien legend on Frittera  ;D

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 02:19:23 pm »
Woow. That is nice stuff.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2006, 03:00:37 pm »
Fritteran Wildlife:

Cool creatures :D They are so imaginative!! Great job!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 03:03:49 pm »
I love the vehicles. Very sci-fi... but its a sort of cartoony colourful sci-fi.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 12:17:14 am »
P.S.-hey maybe a Torpal should come try to fight an pack of Grissacks, he could be the first alien legend on Frittera  ;D

we could take 'em  ;D

nice pictures, btw  :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
Exploring
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 10:04:48 am »
Deep Space Exploration, the New Journey:

The Explorer: This is Syrbor's first Deep Space vessel made solely for exploration.  It holds a crew of 500 including all sorts of scientists along with maintenence crews, engineers, medics, guards/soldiers, and even a few artists.  The Ship is simply called an Explorer but the first ships name that has just recently been sent into space is named the Tenray, named after the leader of the Alliance of Stars who led them to victory in the TriCrusade but died years afterwards.  The Tenray has a docking bay at the front of the ship that holds 2 squadrons of fighters for protection, repair modules, 4 research modules for material floating in space and one landing craft for the exploration of a planet's suface and first contact.  The Tenrayr\ shoud be arriving at it's first destination, a solar system just beyond that of currently explored space, within the next day.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:06:21 am by nuclearchinchila »

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2006, 04:19:13 am »
The Syrbor, via the Creature Editor Version 2.0