Author Topic: The Yunimius, a part of the REDSTAR Union, and Thamih  (Read 34442 times)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: The Yunimius, a part of the Grand Union
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2007, 03:13:33 pm »

For Unity! For Motherland! The Army Needs YOU!

Military propaganda in the war against the Alliance. The flag in the background is the Ulian Kingdom for Democratic Freedom's flag, the one held in the air in the foreground is the smaller version of the Union flag, notably the code of arms.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2007, 03:15:53 pm »
Very nice, I guess these things are needed in a democracy :P.

Those big eyes really makes you want to recruit :)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2007, 03:27:44 pm »
So Sweet!  :)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2007, 04:59:11 am »
Government

- Head of State
The Head of State is the hereditary monarch, who must sign all legal documents, and has no say about their contents. The monarch chooses a Prime-Minister in name, though de facto the monarch always chooses the leader of the party that has won the elections.

In the rare case when there is no apparent heir, the Prime-Minister is crowned Lord-Protector-of-State.

- Prime-Minister
The Prime-Minister is leader of the government, and representative (in name) of all the Yunimius. He or she is the leader of the leading party, and is ceremonially chosen by the monarch. It is the Prime-Minister who holds true power, and even has the ability to abolish monarchy in times of great economic depression in order to sell all royal possessions, or when the monarchy has done illegal or unjust deeds.

- House of Ruling
Here sit the two government parties on one side, whereas the opposition sits on the other side. Discussion occurs here.

- Court of Political Affairs
Should any crimes occur, or any truly difficult matter remain unresolved, the Supreme Judges decide. These are personally appointed by the monarch, and are avoided by the House of Ruling, for fear the monarch gains too much power.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2007, 05:11:53 am »
Very interesting.

It sounds like in Yunimius history there must have been great injustice concerning the monarchy if the system is protecting the public against their rule so powerfully.

Also are there only two parties in rule?

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2007, 05:40:09 am »
Cool critter.  :)

Really like it.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2007, 02:45:47 pm »
BioCat: In the case where not enough government seats are filled, a third, smaller party is added to the coalition. And you're right about what happened in history. It comes from something very old, the last few centuries haven't seen it.

nurizeko: Thank you :)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2007, 11:38:37 am »
Unification: From 115 sovereign states to one

The unification of Ulis was not as easy as the Union history books portray it. Ulis is a diverse planet, with many ethnic mixes. For instance, the Junacan Republic consisted mainly immigrants from the Mairton region, while the original inhabitants, the Cairtan, were oppressed and considered a lower class.

The United Nations of Ulis had been established, the first true international attempt to work away differences and bring an end to nation-wars. They were not very powerful, but could appoint provisional governments in war regions, and send armies to liberate in places in need. The UNOU was headed by a Council, who for lack of better term were seen as the Yunimius government by the visiting Auyuelcliads and Kangorians. After these visitors along with others had defeated the Chancellor-Emperor of the Ulinium Empire, they grew in power thanks to Lord Gundiil, the Chairman of the Council.

Passports issued after this had the "Ulian Citizen" logo on the cover, a mother Yunimius with a father and twins. Again this proved to be a point of discussion between the peoples, for the design was by the Junacan Republic officials, who had different ideas on the ideal family than the tropical nations where two mothers and a single father with four children were common. This small matter escalated into a small revolution, with the Equatorial Independence League conducting terrorist operations. The UNOU army was sent, and a minor civil war was happening, with 12,020 estimated dead. Entire tribes fled across borders, and were hunted down by the Equatorial Police, the most fascist organization ever to have been founded on Ulis. Children were raped and then slowly tortured until they died, while the parents were forced to bathe in their children's blood until they drowned. These events have been absent from history books for a few decades, and only now have most of the remains been found. Only a small 340 Yunimius managed to flee and gain asylum.

More instabilities happened until the Yunimius had joined OTHER, and by that time over 23 million had left life, and 34 million were homeless. The Equatorial nations had become inhospitable thanks to biological weapons.

The Chancellor-Emperor Kilsaiman Morr had survived, and managed to regain power. He proclaimed the Holy Ulinium Empire, and used what was left of the UNOU to gain power over all of Ulis. He abolished most forms of democracy, and converted the Empire to the Dhulam faith. Kilsaiman claimed himself to be the direct descendant of the Unspoken, and so managed to further his grip over Ulis. For the first time, a single Ulian state existed, but none were happy about it.

A second Ulinium War happened, and once again the Ulinium proved defeated. For a short time, a Ulian Republic existed, which became a monarchy within a week. They Elder Council had passed a motion to find a hereditary head of state. A famous quote originated from the Week-Long Meeting; "So you would have a leader who has killed to found our nation, and expect his children to do the same? Then do not call him a Chancellor, call him the King he shall be." Tyrant and King are the same word in the Mairton language, and the Council misunderstood.

A huge artificial intelligence by the Caltarin had been set off, and caused great disasters on Ulis, killing over half the planets population. The newly crowned King, Horjok Biil, an ex-assassin, called for the people to set aside their differences and help to rebuild the planet. From this moment forward the Union's next edition of history books will speak of true unity of the Ulian people.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2007, 12:33:17 pm »
Interesting, if violent, history. It helped me understand alot of struff I didn't when the Auyuelcliad Empire made contact with the United Nations. Reminds me that I have to do the story of Maunaq's Unification....
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2007, 11:26:09 am »

Nuclearchinchilla has created a new picture of the Yunimius upon my request, and I must say: I like it. The pose and style are very different.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2007, 01:26:17 pm »
You're right, it does look a bit different, more 'dangerous'. Nice picture.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2007, 02:06:16 pm »
 ;D Glad you like it!  It was actually really fun to draw.

Though, I think you mistakenly gave gec credit for both of the pictures at the beginning of the thread:
The Yunimius - WikiLink

Image by gec05
could you fix that please?

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2007, 02:17:15 pm »
cool new pic, though I like Gec's one as well :)
It looks like he should be falling though :S

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2007, 03:04:10 pm »
cool new pic, though I like Gec's one as well :)
It looks like he should be falling though :S

It's not gec's, that's the point.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2007, 05:34:42 am »
Indeed bloody and intersting history (missed that), and pretty nice picture though it looks a bit unstable.