Author Topic: A quick guide to roleplaying  (Read 47244 times)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: A quick guide to roleplaying
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 06:06:34 pm »
I'd be glad to interact with Redblood. I figure him and Quasqado will have to be working together, as they are both strong and labour-doing.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 05:53:49 am »
Interaction does tend to flesh out a character more, but it's easily possible to develop a character on his own. The easiest way is to describe him carrying out some activity, and detail his thoughts. Sometimes that can be more of an insight into a character than how he acts around others.

In other words, RP doesn't necessarily need to be all about interaction. It's certainly possible to develop a character in isolation.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 05:55:13 am »
I think Blinx is fleshed out enough, just don't look at her the wrong way and you'll live.   :D
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 07:52:05 am »
time travel, fantasy and the like are frowned upon. Respect the universe that has been created and people will respect you.

*Cough*Hydro*Cough*

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 07:52:37 am »
I read it all and I still don't know what you guys are complaining about. I only took control of characters once, Necromonicon didn't like it so I deleted my post.

And hey, there's a WAY better chance that a sentient being would create a technology that interacts with ones mind first then a sentient being would create time travelling technology first. You guys complained about my creatures having a telepathic bond but you barely said anything about Time travel being god mode (Until now, look up and down). Is it because I'm a newby? Because I have low posts? What is it?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:00:06 am by The Terminator »

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 07:55:48 am »
time travel, fantasy and the like are frowned upon. Respect the universe that has been created and people will respect you.

*Cough*Hydro*Cough*
*cough*iconcurwholeheartedlywiththeabovestatement*cough*

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 08:01:11 am »
I read it all and I still don't know what you guys are complaining about. I only took control of characters once, Necromonicon didn't like it so I deleted my post.

And hey, there's a WAY better chance that a sentient being would create a technology that interacts with ones mind first then a sentient being would create time travelling technology first. You guys complained about my creatures having a telepathic bond but you barely said anything about Time travel being god mode. Is it because I'm a newby? Because I have low posts? What is it?

I think it's because Hydro has a lot of drawings. That's what Krakow Sam's "respect" system i based on. The more work you put into your creature (Drawing), the more respect and god moding you're allowed to do.

???

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 08:02:55 am »
And hey, there's a WAY better chance that a sentient being would create a technology that interacts with ones mind first then a sentient being would create time travelling technology first. You guys complained about my creatures having a telepathic bond but you barely said anything about Time travel being god mode (Until now, look up and down). Is it because I'm a newby? Because I have low posts? What is it?

1. Sapient, not sentient.
2. Telepathy is magic. Making it technologically based is silly, and not in keeping with the rest of the fiction universe. Simply put - telepathy is godmoding.
3. I don't like time-travelling. I wish Hydro had never done it, but there you go. If he would reconsider, I would be most grateful. I would guess that the reason that he's been able to get away with it so far is that he's put a lot of effort in, and he hasn't yet abused it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:04:44 am by Daxx »

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 08:05:25 am »
HydromancerX headshots Hina.  :D

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 08:18:23 am »
I do not like Time travel eather. To hard to get a grip on. A tool that is excellent for Godmoding. And boring in most cases. I hope that Hydro will try to stay away from time travel because of this.

(And i hate the time travailing part of Star Trek. It makes thing so compleated and can mess up the story a lot. Time travel only work well in comdies.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 08:22:43 am »
Wasn't The Time Travel only to smooth over something anyway?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 08:45:27 am »

Hydro destroyed things that were owned by other people who had no idea that it was planned.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 08:51:27 am »

Hydro destroyed things that were owned by other people who had no idea that it was planned.

And people were extremely pissed off, if I remember rightly.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 08:58:00 am »
And if someone get any problem with someone using Timetravel to Godmod just say that the Ęthirans temporial Guardian ate them.  ;D
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 09:19:12 am »

1. Sapient, not sentient.
2. Telepathy is magic. Making it technologically based is silly, and not in keeping with the rest of the fiction universe. Simply put - telepathy is godmoding.
3. I don't like time-travelling. I wish Hydro had never done it, but there you go. If he would reconsider, I would be most grateful. I would guess that the reason that he's been able to get away with it so far is that he's put a lot of effort in, and he hasn't yet abused it.

I didn't mean psychic if that's what you meant. They can't lift objects with their minds or read other peoples minds. If telepathy is magic then so is pretty much everything else. Such as travelling faster then light speed, having molecular transporters and time travel are magic. Telepathy would be the lesser of four evils in that case. If their wouldn't be any living beings with echolation (Ex. Dolphins and Bats), you'd think it'd be magic. Basically what I'm saying for my creatures is that they gained telepathy by using their advanced sonar systems. To sonar systems rebounce off each other carrying thoughts of the living-being. Why are they carrying the thoughts of them? It has to do with the neuro cells, their sonar system and their brainwaves. Now I have made explained my form of telepathy.

How they interact with their technology: You'll agree that in a hospital, there are vital signals for pretty much all of the body parts right? If technology is able to read the hearts and blood pressures signals, I'm sure that if it were more advanced it could send signals to the body parts. Plus they used technolgy for interacting with Dolphins sonars using frequencies and stuff. If it were more advanced in my creatures case, they could actually form a sonar bond. (Telepathy). So my creatures end up putting their brainwave signals into their technologies and receiving it by pressing a few buttons.

Now try to explain time travel, teleporting (Transporting) or even how we could go as fast as light speed to me and say that it is not magic.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:22:32 am by The Terminator »

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0