Author Topic: My creature Viperaptor (I didn't make it , but its unlikely anyone else would)  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Xanadu

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
(I didn't make it , it's from a very old videogame called primal rage ,  so I guess no one would make it either) I do plan on chancing some stuff on it when the game is out  , pliz don't killz me!
name and everything else changed.

Oº°‘¨Viperaptor¨‘°ºO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Info:

Name: Vipraptor
Type: Non-Sentient (Until now , will be in future) Biped-snake
Lifestyle: Semi-social Carnivore
Habitat: Mountain and Dense jungle landscapes
Size:l Up to 3 meters (length) 1.85 meters (height)
Weight: 75 kg
Blood: Warm-Blooded
Senses: Excelent seeing ability   ,  heat sensors in tounge make up for a somewhat average smelling ability , good hearing ability used to locate prey
Diet: small and mid-sized animals when hunting alone , bigger prey when in pack
Hunt/Forage Success Rate: 60% when hunting alone ,  95% when in pack  , packs consists from 4 to 5 memebers
Armor: none
Defenses:Size , spikes on neck , speed
Weapons: Dagger like bone at the end of its long tail  , 7 cm fangs , poisonus saliva , claws
Tools: 2 , 3 fingered hands (different from pic)
Method of Eating: hide carcass and rip and swallow
Reproductive Rate: Low
Lifespan: 50-55 years
Gestation:7 months
Number of Offspring:  3-4
Offspring incubation: nope
Offspring Survival Rate : 80%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venom:
The neurotoxic venom  is stored in a pair of glandulas above the fangs. When they penetrate the creature's blood stream , the venom acts in a similar way to a spider's, it helps 'liquate' and soften the creature's internal organs and tissues , making eating easier for the Viperaptors. The venom also effects the nervous sistem of the victim , this causes  breathing and cardiobascular problems  , and eventually causes death.

Disease:
The only known natural disease that affects  viperaptors is called venautoferma  , venautoferma affects 8% of all vipraptors. This unknown disease starts affecting vipraptors at age 7  , at this age the superior venom glandulas above fangs start producing the neurotoxine, this is entirely normal , however when the Viperaptor has venautoferma the natural venom this glandulas produce starts destroying tissue inside the Viperaptor's mouth , afterwards it becomes alergic to it's own poison and about 3 or 4 months later it dies.
Environments and Sub-Species:
There are 2 known variations of Viperaptor , the Jungle-dweling and the mountain climbing one

Viperaptera Slytherea:

The dominant version of Viperaptor also known as jungle-dweling.
It posses a long neck that is used to sneak upon prey and sneak upon trees , the tail is about 1.80 meters long , its very strong and long and is used to catch prey , it posseses a dagger like bone to sting prey , legs are extremly strong  , while running they can reach 70 kmph , but can only hold this speed for about 30 secs.
They posses 4 deadly 7 cm fangs  , 2 in each jaw , the hood helps to make them seem larger  and for mating displays.The spot pattern varies in each member however the skin color remains the same.They have 3 fingers to grap the prey , and thier upper limbs are quite large , in the Summitera version , they are smaller.

Viperaptera Summitera:

1/3 of the Vip. are Summiteras , they live high up in the mountains and have lost long limbs , in this way this wont get hurt while climbing or entering caves , they have developed more overall musculature to climb rapidly and 2 hook like hands to grasp firmly for ledges , the color scheme changes in this version. , They eat small creatures and hunt alone , the Slytherea sometimes hunt in packs. They live aproximetely 10 more years than its cousin.

Hunting And Techniques :
The Vipraptor hunts alone or in packs , when hunting in packs they corner the pray and attack simoultaniously to take the pray down  , they attack thier victim with their dagger like tails on vital mobility spots such as legs or arms  , claws also help them get a firm grip on the prey . When the creature is down, they bite the victim near the neck or torso.After the venom kills the creature they drag it to a safe spot and devour it/

Vipraptors can reach a maximum speed of 70 kmp  , but can only maintain this rate for about 30 seconds , that's why the pack evaluates a strategy in which they can take the prey down quickly

Hood:

Hood is used for mating displays when they are searching for a mate and to scare other predators by making them seem bigger , the Viperaptor raises up and extends it to seem bigger.

Mating:

Mating consists in a series of fights and displays between males to impress a female , they show off thier hoods ,and depending on the size  and color , the female choooses one. Then they engage in a sereis of fights in which they have to bite the tip of the tail of their competitor.Mating lasts a few minutes and afterwards male and female portect eggs until they hatch.
Anatomy:

Bone Structure:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 07:33:36 am by Xanadu »

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
I dont think there is anything wrong in using pictures you didnt make yourself, at least provided you say they arent yours (and if possible give a source). I actually remember that pic is of the creature called "Vertigo" in an old Megadrive/SNES beat-em-up. My arch-nemesis.  :3

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
(I didn't make it , it's from a very old videogame so I guess no one would make it either) I do plan on chancing some stuff on it when the game is out  , pliz don't killz me!
name and everything else changed.

Vipraptor

Name: Vipraptor
Type: Non-Sentient (Until now , will be in future) Biped-snake
Lifestyle: Semi-social Carnivore
Habitat: Mountain and Dense jungle landscapes
Size:l Up to 3 meters (length) 1.85 meters (height)
Weight: 75 kg
Diet: small and mid-sized animals when hunting alone , bigger prey when in pack
Hunt/Forage Success Rate: 60% when hunting alone ,  95% when in pack
Armor: none
Defenses:Size , spikes on neck , speed
Weapons: Dagger like bone at the end of its long tail  , 7 cm fangs , poisonus saliva , claws
Tools: 2 , 3 fingered hands (different from pic)
Method of Eating: hide carcass and rip and swallow
Reproductive Rate: Low
Lifespan: 50-55 years
Gestation:7 months
Number of Offspring:  3-4
Offspring incubation: nope
Offspring Survival Rate : 80%

Rage, I believe. He was the cheapest guy in the game (I always won with him) ;D

Nice anatonomy BTW ;)

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Xanadu

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
Hhhehehe indeed....but it's soooo old , no one would make him so i'll make him , with added descriptions , but i will copy the model  , i;ll ad more info later

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Using an old Game creature as a character, good, good. To make them really intresting though you should develop their history a bit more.
Anyway keep working on it, I'll be watching.   ;)

What will you do?

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
Mmm if their non-sentient, I don't think it's necessary for them to have a history. But you can go ahead if you want

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Xanadu

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
I updated....i'll keep updating constantly
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:09:37 pm by Xanadu »

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
You would be surprised how easy you can make up Non-sentient history.
Example: How they evolved.  ;)

What will you do?

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
LMAO am i the only one who read "vibrator" first ?  :D ...  :-X

it would be interesting if you would evolve them to their sapient form ^^

and informations of other creatures on the planet would also be interesting
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Xanadu

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
yeah , some-what bad game , but i love that creature since i was 5 , i dont like 2 fingered hands so i'll probably change that , but im looking to keep the cobra dino look

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
You would be surprised how easy you can make up Non-sentient history.
Example: How they evolved.  ;)

Well I didn't know that evolution was history, I thought that was biology.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Vertigo from Primal Rage. Awful beat-em-up, really =P

Still, why not take the design and then change it piece by piece till you have something distinct and of your own?
Bad? I loved that game, and I even had all the action figures as well. And Vertigo is a FEMALE by the way...  ;) Primal Rage was great, too bad the sequel got canned

Offline Xanadu

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
i loved it too , .....can someone give me some ideas to add next?

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
For ideas on what to add look at Spore Wiki. Some creatures there are pretty fleshed out *cough*Naucean*cough* and of course the Kazea and my Quillaran  ;) .

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Don't forget about the other Primal Rage Creatures ...

Talon

Chaos

Vertigo & Diablo

Chaos & Talon

Blizzard

ALL

Could not find a good Armadon or Sauron