Author Topic: game movies....sigh  (Read 13882 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: game movies....sigh
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 08:19:44 am »
Okay, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children was SUPERB!

I mean, if you love FFVII as much as me (I love it the most) then you have to love the movie!! Of course it helps to have played the game to see the movie but you can still wade through it if you have not.

Also, the Japanese version with subtitles is much better than the English version. The English version sounds like Anime... which is the root of all evil.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 02:42:46 pm »
I am one of the three people in the first world countries who has never played a FF game. I saw The Spirits Within, and I just saw Advent Children... and even though I only know the Cloud is the good guy and Sephiroth is the greatest villian ever (with the greatest theme song ever), I thought both movies were superb.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 03:04:49 pm »
Kefka would kick Sephiroth's butt. His theme song's better too  :P
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 07:37:39 am »

I prefer Kefka as a villain, but I would say Sephiroth's theme is better. Sorry. :)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 08:41:38 am »
btw do u guys think that the movies halo,splinter cel and hitman wil be good? and do you look out for them?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 12:59:23 pm »

I prefer Kefka as a villain, but I would say Sephiroth's theme is better. Sorry. :)

The theme song bit was meant more in jest. But come on, how can you not love that? Do do do do do dododo

The only one I could really make an argument for would be the final battle music, dancing mad.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 01:23:31 pm »

The theme song bit was meant more in jest. But come on, how can you not love that? Do do do do do dododo

The only one I could really make an argument for would be the final battle music, dancing mad.

that do do do stuf is only the begining but what comes after is the cool part :P

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 01:35:21 pm »

that do do do stuf is only the begining but what comes after is the cool part :P

True, it does get better. But most people are going to identify with the beginning part when they think about Kefka's theme.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 01:42:11 pm »
I love hi-jacking threads. Hehe  :D

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 02:26:05 pm »
True, it does get better. But most people are going to identify with the beginning part when they think about Kefka's theme.

Exactly. Thank you. :) All the same, I love that soundtrack so I'm aware of how awesome it is. Just saying that what most would consider Kefka's theme doesn't quite match up against Sephiroth's. Sorry, just can't deny Sephiroth's theme -- even if he is an effeminate nancy-boy. ;)

As for the Halo movie: I think it might actually be quite good. I mean, it sounds like it's got a helluva good development group behind it so here's hoping.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 02:26:36 am »
if u want to hear da music go to this site http://bluelaguna.net/ (and dont listen FF music only try venus lighthouse from golden sun  ;D )

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 02:43:21 am »
Ah, golden sun... shame about the random battles, otherwise, one of the greats.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 02:45:56 am »
i didnt care about those random batles in that game...i fought almost al of m..

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 12:37:01 pm »
Random battles are a staple of pretty much all rpg's.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 03:08:49 pm »
Random battles are a staple of pretty much all rpg's.

Some games, however, have set battles that appear as random: ie. Paper Mario.