Author Topic: Wrestling  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Wrestling
« on: June 24, 2006, 10:46:31 pm »
I did a quick forums search and didn't come up with a topic dedicated to Pro Wrestling so I decided to make one see if there are any others here who enjoy wrestling. Be it any of the WWE offering (Raw, Smackdown or the new ECW) TNA possibly even Ring of Honer or various Indy Wrestling productions. I'm guessing the topic will centre mostly one the more major brands still be interesting to what people follow.

I guess I should add if there are any Jogn Cena fans raise your hand so we can beat you to an inch of your life or at the very least point you in the direction of some real wreslters with real skill.

Finally anyone who wants to post "It's fake why would you want to watch it?" I'll answer that upfront we know it's fake we have known it's for a long time we watch it for the same reason you would watch any fictional show for the escapism of it the only difference between wrestling and most other fiction is it's filmed live.

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 01:56:17 am »
Once upon a time, I watched it and enjoyed it, but quite frankly, I lost all interest in it due to the terrible storylines and even worse wrestling.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 06:32:38 am »
Have you ever seen a wrestler in person? They are HUGE!! :o I rode in an elevator with some once.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 08:08:20 am »
I like Sumo wrestling, but I can never catch it on TV. It's vicious.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 08:38:49 am »
Once upon a time, I watched it and enjoyed it, but quite frankly, I lost all interest in it due to the terrible storylines and even worse wrestling.

Uh, storylines?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 08:44:33 am »

Uh, storylines?
You know: Brawnyguy A claims Brawnyguy B cheated on him with Musclebound Androgenous Woman A. Brawnyguy A hits Brawnyguy B with a chair. They decide to settle this IN THE RING! They exchange a few blows and generally show off to the crowd, when MAW A enters and tells them to stop it. At this point MAW B enters the arena and reveals shes been sleeping with Brawnyguy A. This angers MAW A and the two 'women' start tearing off each others cloothes and fighting. Somehow Brawnyguy C gets involved and the whole thing degenerates into an orgy of exagerrated punches and high-dives off those springy wires they have round the arena... then one of them walks away with a big plastic belt.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:20:42 am »
There's usually more storyline to it than that.   ;)

I used to watch the WWE a lot, but it started to get really bad when The Rock, and almost everyone else with any talent left.  And the whole "Kane!  you are a murderer" storyline was pretty much the end of it for me.  It was completely ridiculous, I don't think they even ever bothered to resolve it, they just forgot about the whole thing after a few weeks.  And nowadays it seems to always be about Mr. MacMahons kiss my a** club.  I don't know about you guys, but seeing a 60+ year old mans bare a** on TV isn't my idea of entertainment.

And the womens segments of the show are just downright offensive.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 06:25:45 am »
No Krakow Sam got it about right you just have to know that MAW is completely interchangeable with Title belts crowd approval and spilt milk. Although if you watch it lately chicks are so much muscle bound  as they may have been Seriously I'd have a crackat just about any of the ladies in the womens locker room... that is to say if they weren't all already dating those huge Wrestling guys who could crush me with there bare hands.

I rode in an elevator with some once.
Lets just say when i 1st read that the words appeared not in the order they are shown there for a second I thought we got a glimpse into the freaky side of LadyM.

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 10:26:18 am »
I watched it alot until 2005...then I suddenly totally lost interest.  The Undertaker and Batista alone weren't enough to keep me coming back.  I've gone to one live (televised) show once and it was alot of fun though - also went to an untelevised one, but it was a bit of a letdown...they pretty much only had the ring set up and nothing else, though the wrestlers kept it reasonably entertaining.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 09:40:24 pm »
I think I stop watching when they split up RAW and Smack down into 2 different rosters

But on the note of wrestling, since when as that John Ceana (SP) guy been popular? When I watched, he was just a no name punk who thought he could rap. Now I see an ad for a paper view in which he goes for the heavy weight belt. And it seamed like he was the fan favorite

They can make you do anything, and make you like/hate anyone. I think that was another reason why I left

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 11:45:10 pm »
Early 2004 Cena got some popularity and was pretty entertaining they pushed him heaps and by WM in 2005 he was huge and was going for the title although by then the hardcore wrestling fans relised he was a one trick pony and slowly started to turn on him leaving only 13 year old girls who think he is cute to keep cheering for him some how this small crowd is enough to have kept him in the title picture even longer and increase the level of hate those that dislike Cena have so As a result we got what basically happened at ECW one night stand where hardcore fans filled a stadium to boo Cena. Thing is WWE knows people will pay money to boo him so they keep his profile high because love him or hate him Cena is money.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 02:56:23 am »
A small selection of wrestling pics from the WWE Raw survivor series tour that took place in Melbourne last saturday I took like over 100 with the digital camera but I wont post them all.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 06:20:43 am »
They're showing some wrestling show on sci-fi now, what's up with that?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 10:06:29 am »
They're showing some wrestling show on sci-fi now, what's up with that?

Pulling a G4 and turning it into a spike TV?

That’s seams to be what all the nerdy TV stations are doing so they get more ratings.

Next they will have drifting  ::)

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 03:30:03 pm »
Who is Michaels in the ring with there?  That's not Benoit, is it?

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 05:40:53 pm »
Well considaring the picture of HBK is just him standing on a turnbuckle I don't know what made you think he was in the ring with anyone but for the record HBK's tag team partner was this man.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 05:47:10 pm »

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 06:19:58 am »
I haven't watched any of the shows for a very long time, but I have to say, I'm glad Angle finally left.  He was without a doubt the best wrestler in the entire company, yet they treat him like crap.  He deserves far better than the low card matches he's been getting and feuds with talentless nobodies.

However, I will say that I'm looking forward to Smackdown Vs Raw 2007, being released in Novemeber.  I just hope they include custom soundtracks for the 360 version, but perhaps we should have another topic about that.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 12:18:26 am »
Best I can really determine is he hasn't really left its just Angel would never give himself enough time to heal from injuries and he really needed to take a break he instead would always come back as early as he could and risk being out again. The WWE basically said ok if you wont take the time your self we will fire you so you can't wreastle and 6 months down the line when he is better and properly rested and in peak shape then they will probably hire him back.

Kurt is there best Talent by far and the WWE know if they want to make the most of him they have to make him take some time off because Kurt just wont take it himself.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 12:31:49 am »
He's also going through a divorce.  But yeah, I expect he'll be back in a few months, and hopefully they'll use him for something.  Why exactly is he on ECW?

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 01:00:21 am »
Not sure if it was his decison or the WWE's I have to admit I'm a bit torn about him being there then again he is just that good it wouldn't matter if we was Raw smackdown or ECW he outclasses everyone