Author Topic: How many Will Wrights does it take to change a light bulb?  (Read 6245 times)

Offline merridian

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
There are a couple of newer spore pics i saw on The Spore Zone website.

http://www.thesporezone.co.uk/screens/index.php?ID=1&File=20050520-willsporeroom.jpg
shows Will Wright and some spore posters in the background.

http://www.thesporezone.co.uk/screens/index.php?ID=1&File=20050519-gamespyminiatures.jpg
shows some models on a table including the willosaurus and some other creatures and a building

FATE DOESN'T HANG ON A WRONG OR RIGHT CHOICE, FORTUNE DEPENDS ON THE TONE OF THE VOICE

Wulf

Re: How many Will Wrights does it take to change a light bulb?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:22:51 pm »
Wasn't this the name of another topic?

Offline gordin

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • Spore Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 03:24:04 pm »
I just realized, I think the first pic is from the E3 booth where he was. Why would they hide it in the official site though?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 03:28:07 pm by gordin »
Spore Universe, where all Spore news meets

Wulf

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 03:24:54 pm »
On closer inspection I notice someone has an unhealthy habit of being a fanboy.

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 03:30:50 pm »
Obviously just 1 Will Wright.

Well the first picture, That box art poster looks ugly in my opinion and hope that ain't the final box art.
It looks like something you'd get clip art or microsoft word in or a dictionary of animal species.

Well those creatures in the 2nd picture look familar.

Wulf

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 03:34:31 pm »
I've seen that 'Spore-Room'. More like 'Asian-Child-Sweatshop-Room' to me! I think the babysitters club needs to investigate these shenanigans!

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 03:36:23 pm »
Obviously just 1 Will Wright.

Well the first picture, That box art poster looks ugly in my opinion and hope that ain't the final box art.
It looks like something you'd get clip art or microsoft word in or a dictionary of animal species.

Well those creatures in the 2nd picture look familar.

Well the game is more than a year away from release so no doubt they don't have an official box art yet.

Offline gordin

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • Spore Universe
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 03:42:59 pm »
I doubt that that is box art, I guess that is just a poster. More interesting are those dolphin renders. Imagine if the game really could have those graphics!
But I hope that the fact that this picture was hidden on the official site doesn't mean that there will be a lot of hidden things there in the future! I don't want Spore publicity to go the way the XBox one did (having to solve some hard puzzle just for a small piece of information).

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 03:48:27 pm »
“On closer inspection I notice someone has an unhealthy habit of being a fanboy”
“I've seen that 'Spore-Room'. More like 'Asian-Child-Sweatshop-Room' to me! I think the babysitters club needs to investigate these shenanigans!”
“I can't see it. Where is it on the wall in relation to Will's manly butt-cheeks”
"If you are talking five man-butts up and two to the right then that one looks more like a box of cerial than box art. Maybe I should have my own cerial....Awesome-O's."

What the hell are you talking about? I think your on a totally different subject then the rest of us...

I don't think info will be to hard to get, Steve did get invited by Will Wright to the private meeting and didn't have to sign a confidentality agreement NDA's i think their called. We'll probably get more information as the time passes

Wulf

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 03:50:27 pm »
First post is about the second image. Second post is about my visit to the room when it was filled with about ten youngish asian people. third post is asking what poster you were referring to. Forth is assuming you mean the cerial box poster.

What's not to get?

Offline Slyght

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 05:29:46 pm »
Don't worry, that isn't box art in the background.  That's supposed to be like a comic book cover from back in the day, but with characters and buildings from the demo (you can see the Willosaurus being chased by the big spider monster with the Dr Seuss buildings in the background.

The inspiration for this is definately from comics like Amazing Stories in the 1920's that had pictures of alien planets and creatures and all sorts of wacky stuff (Google Image Search "Amazing Stories" and you'll find a lot of covers):

http://www.ellisparkerbutler.info/epb/pic/amazing_stories_1926_04_a.jpg

Although, the coloring style of the poster seems to be more of this kind of style, which was a bit more common that what's seen on Amazing Stories' covers:

http://www.crimeboss.com/covers/TrueCrimeComics002.jpg

Offline merridian

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 01:38:52 am »
I just realized, I think the first pic is from the E3 booth where he was. Why would they hide it in the official site though?

Actually the pics werent hidden i just went to theSporeZone.co.uk and there is a screenshots section, all of the pics we have already seen plus those 2 newer pics, sorry for the late post but i went to my bed after putting up this topic, and i am about to go off to work, damn if only i had lots of money then i could just stay at home *sigh*
FATE DOESN'T HANG ON A WRONG OR RIGHT CHOICE, FORTUNE DEPENDS ON THE TONE OF THE VOICE

Offline gordin

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • Spore Universe
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 03:28:52 am »
No, the first one was hidden, in fact I think I was the first one who found them.  ;D You can go here for information on how to find it on the official site.

Offline jujubee

• Missile Commander
  • Notoriously Unnotorious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 08:14:36 am »
Mitosis?... for some reason that feels like somthing I know, just can't put my finger on it now...

Offline gordin

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • Spore Universe
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 08:23:07 am »
Mitosis: the process of cell replication by division.
The term fits with the game as the Spore title does. Perheps they were going to name it like that at one point?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 08:30:24 am by gordin »