Author Topic: New Creatures - The Syards and the Rorhean  (Read 3795 times)

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
New Creatures - The Syards and the Rorhean
« on: June 24, 2006, 05:04:01 pm »
Here's an omnivore I created and made a cross-section of.  This way you can take a look at its insides as well as it's outsides.  I know you won't be able to do that in spore but I really wanted to show how this guy is different from all other creatures. This is a Syard and it's radially symmetrical.  This guy has 6 lines of symmetry(meaning everything repears 6 times).  He only has a stomach-like organ for digestion, no intestines.  Syards use almost every ounce of matter that they get from what they eat, the little that is left over goes out the same way it came in(yah I know it sounds kinda sick, but what other creatures does that?).  Syards stand about 20 feet tall, letting them hover over much othe foliage and creatures of their homeworld.  Their very tough and flexible esophagus along with very strong digestive acids allow them to swallow larger things than you'd expect.  They also have a very large brain and are on the brink of sentience. 

This next one is race of creatures that have already reached sentience and are far into their "Age of Knowledge."  They are acquiruing many new technologies and for the first time going beyond their spiritual beliefs to look at things scientifically.  This race is call the Rorhean:

**Please note that the third stage of evolution, the 6-finned creature, does not swim with it's body beant as shown in the picture, it is meant to be turning around in the picture.  It swims more like a shark.**

(sorry about the no color, I was coloring the last stage of Rorhean in Paint Shop Pro but got bored and made him wood-grained and then Paint Shop Pro wouldn't let me go back and I mistakenly saved him in wood-grain, I don't know if I'll color him again on the comp)
**for a better image go here http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/nuclearchinchila/Rorhean.jpg **

I may add more to the Rorhean civilization later but for now tell me what you think of what I have right now along with any questions, they might help devolop a story for the Rorhean.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 05:07:47 pm by nuclearchinchila »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: New Creatures - The Syards and the Rorhean
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 05:12:13 pm »
Actually I'm hoping to create a Radial symmetric creature my self in spore. It will live in water have 3 eyes 6 or 9 arms and look a little like a squid. (Yeah i know is the 3rd squid like creature i have mentioned in a short time but i really like squids!) I think i will be able to do it in spore.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 05:17:43 pm »
Actually I'm hoping to create a Radial symmetric creature my self in spore. It will live in water have 3 eyes 6 or 9 arms and look a little like a squid. (Yeah i know is the 3rd squid like creature i have mentioned in a short time but i really like squids!) I think i will be able to do it in spore.

Yah, I think radial symmetry will be possible in spore too.  I'm just not sure if you can change it from normal symmetry to radial or if you just have to use normal symmetry and make the creature appear as if it's radial, hopefully they'll include the two forms of symmetry.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 05:43:46 pm »
I think you will have to make it look radial symmetry but i do not think it will be a problem with my squid. I have read that Asymmetric creatures are in so it should be possible to do any creature symmetry you choices even if you have to emulate it.

Actually i called my Creature Tri lateral symmetric earlier which of course is just a variations of radial symmetry. But I'm saving that for spore.

And about coloring. Can you not just use layers? Name one color layer or something like and color that layer. That way you will not effect the original drawing. Also you can use the magic wand select the space outside you picture and the invert the selection go to the color layer and that way not color outside the lines. Well it work in Gimp that is a free program. Can not remember that mush about Paint Shop Pro.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 06:42:20 pm »
These are cool :D

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 11:46:16 pm »
Very Sporesome:p
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 03:09:54 am »
what prevents it from nonstop vomiting?

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 03:17:56 am »

New! It's Gravol for Xenomorphs! Now comes in Cherry, Grape, and Omic flavors!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 03:21:05 am »

I would guess the same thing that keeps you from vomiting when your upside down. :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 03:49:48 am »

New! It's Gravol for Xenomorphs! Now comes in Cherry, Grape, and Omic flavors!

Yay the Omic are a flavour!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 05:33:30 am »

yah I actually thought about this when I drew the Syards and I figured they eat and digest in cycles.  The Syards will go around and eat a whole bunch and then for a long time just let it digest, then get rid of whats left and start all over.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 05:38:10 am »
Yeah is thought is was smiler to how a Echinoderms digestives system works.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons