Author Topic: PSP: new Need for Speed title (on all platforms) and game decisions  (Read 2006 times)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
thats right folks, those crazy cats at EA are releasing another NFS game, by the name of Need for Speed Carbon. As well as all your regular favourite modes, there's a new "canyon racing" mode in which you race along the edge of Carbon Canyon. what better way to crap yourself then to fly along at break-neck speeds along the edge of a 300 meter drop? :) from what i can gather the game will feature classic cars as well as modern ones, and all your pimping options from Underground and the like return. Don't know about a release date though.

And in other news,  i need a racing game. Time trial in pursuit force is getting tedious, so im tossing up between Ridge Racer and Midnight Club. which one, people?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:30:57 am by SBD »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: PSP: new Need for Speed title and game decisions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 10:33:41 pm »
Yeah because the PSP doesn't have nearly enough racing games.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: PSP: new Need for Speed title and game decisions
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 04:10:29 am »
It is coming for every platform. And it doesn't really hurt the rest of the libary of the PSP because it has another racing game.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
Re: PSP: new Need for Speed title (on all platforms) and game decisions
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:31:02 pm »
What are you, a product placement ad?

Seriously though, the NFS series has been around forever, and they have done everything. What’s the new thing now? "Oh wow, I get to drive next to a cliff. I hope I don't fall off!"

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:44:33 pm »
Doesn't hurt that it's coming to the Wii. Realistic racing is something it will likely have very little of, so it might be nice to have NFS around for a rental at the very least.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 12:51:55 pm »
Doesn't hurt that it's coming to the Wii. Realistic racing is something it will likely have very little of, so it might be nice to have NFS around for a rental at the very least.

I hate realistic racing. I used to like NFS until the burnout series came along

And I'm not really into moding. I played around with it a little in NFS and Midnight club (rents), but I think I like classic cars more

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 03:13:06 pm »

I hate realistic racing. I used to like NFS until the burnout series came along

And I'm not really into moding. I played around with it a little in NFS and Midnight club (rents), but I think I like classic cars more

I hate it too. That doesn't change the fact that the more genres (and sub-genres) that exist on that system with that controller (from Heaven), the better. Whether I could give a rat's balls for them or not.