Author Topic: *The Gryfon* - From The Creator Of The Necros  (Read 10980 times)

TheNecromonicon

*The Gryfon* - From The Creator Of The Necros
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:28:09 pm »

Name: Gryfon
Type: Sapient Tri-Sexed Quadra pedal Mammalian
Traits: Financial/Industrious
Lifestyle: Social Omnivore
Habitat: Resource Rich Jungle World
Size: 3-4 feet 
Weight: 50-100 lbs
Diet: Fruits and smaller animals
Hunt/Forage Success Rate: 90%, very rich ecosystem
Armor: none
Defenses: very resilient body, makes them “bouncy”
Weapons: none
Tools: two small 6 fingered webbed hands
Method of Eating: pop it in the bill and chew
Lifespan: 70-80 years
Reproductive Rate: Very low
Gestation: 5 months
Offspring incubation: none
Number of Offspring: 2-3
Offspring Survival Rate (before age of maturity): 95%

Description:

So as you can see, pretty much a 3-eyed platypus with an antenna on its head. Its two side eyes help for color and depth perception like ours, while its third eye can see the heat emminitions of others, as a way of telling the three sexes apart. The antenna on its head is solely for attracting mates, the longer it is the "sexier" the Gryfon will be, like with horns or antlers. They have webbed hands and feet, and a long flat tail, because they decended from creatures who lived on the shores and hunted in the sea, very much like seals. Their skin is rubbery, and they are covered in soft brown fur. Unlike most billed-creatures, the Gryfon have teeth to help grind the tough greens they consume, and their only means of defence is to bite or scratch. Their skeleton is very cartilagious like a sharks, causing them to be very light for their size and resiliant to being hit, however they are still very easy to harm. The best way to describe them is "bouncy."

Mating

Back when Gryfon Prime was young, there was a lack of predatory creatures, and most of the wildlife was herbivore. The planet was made of small islands, and small ecosystems produce small animals. The Gryfon were highest on the food chain, but still small, and they ate both vegetation and other creatures. This lack of predators and abundance of food caused the Gryfon population to grow out of control. Nature needed to intervien again. Slowly the Gryfon aquired two very imporant traits: three sexes, and a natural adversion to mating or any kind of energy expendature. The gryfon cannot reproduce unless all 3 sexes are present, and their mating rituals are complex. There are males, females, and what could be called hermaphrodites or "Id". Only the females can become pregnant, but all three sexes can have "normal" sex with one partner without fear of getting them pregnant. However, this is rare, as it's always fun with more  ;). Affairs and adultery aren't seen as too problematic, because no children can be produced by a union of two, but it is rare because the Gryfon are usually too lazy to mate anyway. Because the Gryfon have expanded, they hold a time each year on Gryfon Two (their new homeplanet) where the three sexes can get together and mate, if they so choose. Each family unit has three parents, and the children born can be any of the 3 sexes.

Will post more soon.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:23:11 pm by TheNecromonicon »

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
Re: *The Gryfon* - From The Creator Of The Necros
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:31:54 pm »
I see why they got torn apart by the Necrids   ;)
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 11:14:20 pm »
the longer it is the "sexier" the Gryfon will be, like with horns or antlers.

or a certain body part on another of earth's creatures...  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:23:33 pm »
I see why they got torn apart by the Necrids   ;)

Yeah even the Nauceans would blow them up. And they are generally a peaceful species ... except for the wars and all....  ::)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 07:21:35 pm »
lol this funny,i keep visualizing the gryfon in the mouth of a necro and instead of blood its water,which is why its bouncy,and the third sex thing reminds me of zoolander.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:20:56 pm »
History:
After their home planet was ravaged by the Necromonicon long ago, the Gryfon were thought to be extinct. However, several ships were launched just prior to the assult on Gryfon Prime, carrying the families of the wealthier and more pestigious Gryfon on the High Counsel. They travelled through space, searching for a new home. But every planet they encountered had already been destroyed by the Necromonicon herd. Every time they encountered another sapient races, they told them of the horrible fate that befell their homeworld. Ironically, even though the Gryfon were the counch potatoes of the galaxy, they aided in evacuating several species before the Necromonicon came. Many planets, however, refused to beleive even the charismatic Gryfon that a threat so large was comming, and they all quickly fell to the Herd as the Gryfon watched in horror as the event at Gryfon Prime occured again and again. Slowly they made their trek accross the galaxy, until they drifted in to the Delta quadrant and helped the CAB, OTHER, and SWU defeat the Necromonicon once and for all, and settled down on a new planet to begin their lives anew.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 09:06:06 pm »
somone ask for a gryfon in an indiana jones suit

it really looks more like a 80's commuter so i gave it a whip ;D
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 10:16:46 pm »
lol, three eyes, one antenna. other than that its beautiful a13gt. Thx man  ;D

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 10:21:26 pm »
it has three eye but the one on the left is hard to see and i thought they had three antennas :P
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 10:24:36 pm »
I appreciate the effort. Very nice  :D

I'm going to be posting my third creature soon, I just need to scan the picture and write up their background.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 09:51:40 am »

This picture is by Gec05 (I LOVE YOU MANG! lol) The Gryfon are like a Mafia, and when you disrespect them, they kick your ass until they get what you owe them. The fat one is Don Jellybean ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:27:45 am by TheNecromonicon »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 10:21:21 am »
i thought  they were small worthles lazy sacks of meat and bone.....now they make a mafia,what a turn. ;)
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 10:30:15 am »
i thought  they were small worthles lazy sacks of meat and bone.....now they make a mafia,what a turn. ;)

They were always a Mafia. In fact, they're so good at their Mafia dealings, you didn't even know about it :p

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 10:47:05 am »
i feel like the tyronians feel inclined to use those interstellar nukes they have on the black market.... urge to kill species.... rising fast!!!!!
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 11:17:39 am »
In that picture by Gec, is the guy getting beaten up one of the creatures from the Spore official flash intro?