Author Topic: The Decline of Video Games  (Read 21427 times)

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Re: The Decline of Video Games
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 07:36:23 am »
Battlefield 1942 is a much better, or at least much more fun, game than Ocarina of Time, if you ask me.

???

strange idea to compare those two games. And no, Ocarina of Time is waaaaay better than Battlefield 1942  ;D

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 09:42:39 am »
I agree completely. The last time I went to go buy a new video game, in which I had nothing in mind, I just stood at the wall where the ps2 games were lined up. I scanned the wall over and over. There was literally nothing that looked even remotely interesting. The companies aren't making new types of games, it's all the same. Platforms, first person shooters, RPGs. The RPGs are not even good anymore. I greatly enjoyed the beginning ones, like Chrono Trigger. That was a fun game. But, when I get one of the new RPGs, it seems like it is 90% video and story, and only about 10% play time, with absolutely no shift from the other games.

Companies seem to be shifting too much towards graphics, and I'm sorry, but they still don't impress me. Maybe once we can actually see the characters running around our living rooms I might say that the graphics are a plus, but I don't care about playing Xbox360 and SNES. SNES had some of the best games I have ever played, and now if I look at the PS2, what games do I have? I only have about 15 games because nothing out there seems good enough to buy. People seem to be focusing more on 'storylines', and graphics. These aren't books, they're video games. I play them for fun, not to learn more about this imaginary world. If I want that, I can watch TV -shudder-, or read a book.

You also can't really compare Ocarina of Time and Battlefield 1942. They are two completely different games in two completely different genres. Both are wonderous games.
Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 11:27:19 am »
morrowind (elder scrolls 3) was WAY better than oblivion... oblivion compared to morrowind seems a little empty... and then there was another GREAT rpg called never winter night`s and that game is really unpopular but was really good

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 11:44:14 am »
morrowind (elder scrolls 3) was WAY better than oblivion... oblivion compared to morrowind seems a little empty... and then there was another GREAT rpg called never winter night`s and that game is really unpopular but was really good

No, neither of them were good. Morrowind was Daggerfall, but with even less depth. NWN was an absolute Greek tragedy compared to its forebears, such as Baldur's Gate or Planescape: Torment.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 12:14:56 pm by DorianGarrick »

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 11:46:05 am »
This conversation is of course barring spore... ;)

Spore is innovative, but quite frankly, it appears to lack any depth outside of the character creation system.

c14dude

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 12:58:33 pm »
well atleast theres Stalker, that game looks so good!

Offline Mjavabean

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Mjavabean's homepage
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 01:31:45 pm »
Now, I know many of you are spore fans, but this is what I think about spore if I haven't made myself clear: it looks like a good game, but i could live without it.
This conversation is of course barring spore... ;)

Spore is innovative, but quite frankly, it appears to lack any depth outside of the character creation system.

BLASTPHEMY
Now I have to go and cut my left eye out.

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 01:51:54 pm »
Now I have to go and cut my left eye out.

E
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 02:37:28 pm by DorianGarrick »

werechicken

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 01:57:03 pm »
If I where you I'd remove that link before the mods make you

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 01:59:41 pm »
If I where you I'd remove that link before the mods make you

I'm simply trying to help the man out.

werechicken

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 02:02:19 pm »
This is a thread for people for, you know what never mind I'm going to kill daemons in an abandoned castle for a while

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 02:12:13 pm »
if its abandoned how come there are deamons?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

werechicken

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 02:14:47 pm »
I don't know, maybe they're like wild animals - they don't like a human prescence

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 02:16:00 pm »
I don't know, maybe they're like wild animals - they don't like a human prescence

I hope your character dies.

werechicken

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 02:18:53 pm »
I don't know, maybe they're like wild animals - they don't like a human presence

I hope your character dies.
what charactor?
and incidentally I hope your father dies in an unusual incident, involving a jar of marmalade