Author Topic: The crappily drawn beast  (Read 8431 times)

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
The crappily drawn beast
« on: June 23, 2006, 04:30:19 pm »
Well, I thought I may as well join the "make your own creature" thing that's going around.

Front view:

Side view:

I think I may be able to do a history and story for these creatures, but unfortunately I can't draw to save my life (or anyone's life for that matter). I'd appreciate any help from experienced creature artists.

Just a little info, because I know most people won't understand what everything is in my badly-drawn creature.

In the front view, the two large limbs on the sides are two-toed, massive feet. The toes are completely flat and can support lots of weight. The three appendages in the middle are three-fingered hands. There are two fingers on the top of the hand, and one on the bottom. Pretend the fingers are all symmetrical. The two black ovals between the eyes are nostrils. The two trapezoids on top of his head are large ears. The big stump in back is sort of a third leg. My unnamed creature puts his two large blocky limbs in front and pulls his body forward, while his back leg does a sort of 'hop' forward to rest beneath him in the same position. His three grasper limbs in the middle are very flexible, but extremely weak compared to the rest of his body. The back part is very flexible and strong, so strong that the creature can rear up on it and use the front two legs as very powerful fists.
It is a cave-dweller, although sometimes it makes short trips to the surface. It has large pupils, and he has his eyes half-closed because he just walked outside of a cave. He has large bat-like ears, since these guys can go very far underground. He has two sets of vocal cords, one which produces subsonic sounds that can be felt for miles, and one set for ultrasonic sounds that act as an echolocation device in the deepest tunnels. His nostrils are very sensitive, and can pick up lots of scents. They also can detect electromagnetic changes and anomalies. He is omnivorous, but eats mostly meat. He only needs to eat a little moss and fungus every couple of days, but needs to hunt frequently. Males can mate once every three months (I'll explain how time works on this planet a little later if enough interest is generated), while females can mate every other week. When one of the species is conceived, it develops over eleven months before it is born. When it is born, it can immediately walk, run, see, and play with others. The creature typically lives about twenty-two years, is able to reproduce at the age of ten, and never becomes sterile due to age. Mates never live together, and sometimes children never live with their parents. About 40% of the time, the mother abandons their child after only a week. However, due to the evolution of some of the most dangerous and large creatures on the planet, they begin to live closer together...

I would appreciate honest and thorough response. I also have not thought up a name. I thought of doing that when they enter the tribal stage and they name themselves, but if someone else has a good idea for a name I'll gladly use it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 05:31:32 pm by Ogianres »

TheNecromonicon

Re: The crappily drawn beast
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 04:39:29 pm »
I'm not sure wtf it is... which around here is concidered a good thing haha :D

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:47:35 pm »
Only natural, since I can't draw. I have had the exact same level of drawing skill since around 3rd or 4th grade. Plus I did it in M$ Paint. I just want to put those pictures in for whatever. I'm mostly interested in making up an entire history for a fictional creature (god I'm such a geek).

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 04:51:20 pm »
(god I'm such a geek).

you speak like you're alone lol what do you think we are eh? the jocks who got all the cheerleaders in High School? As if  :P

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 04:52:42 pm »
Only natural, since I can't draw. I have had the exact same level of drawing skill since around 3rd or 4th grade. Plus I did it in M$ Paint. I just want to put those pictures in for whatever. I'm mostly interested in making up an entire history for a fictional creature (god I'm such a geek).

My sister did this in Paint.  ;D

If you need some tips i can help you out.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 04:54:56 pm »
Whoa... theres no way that was made with paint... thats insane!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 04:56:05 pm »
No she is good in paint. I try to stay away from the pixel art stuff so i do not copy her.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 04:56:58 pm »
pixel art is hardcore. takes a lot of patience

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 04:58:55 pm »
Yeah way back in the 80is when i started to use paint program i use to do it pixel by pixel because it was the only way to get it to look good.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 05:00:08 pm »
Well, it's not just Paint. It's the combination bad drawing skills/Paint. Besides, I'd also like to hear about what people think of my descriptions, since I already know my drawings suck lol.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 05:03:44 pm »
Lol, you have much to learn young Paduwan. No one cares about descriptions.... *waves hand* these are not the droids you are looking for.

However, your creature does seem scientifically sound and its always nice to have a new face around, even if it looks like a deformed cat  ;D

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 05:07:10 pm »
If nobody cares about the description then I'm screwed. Oh well, maybe I'll keep churning out theses deformed... things anyways.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 05:07:29 pm »
WRONG AGAIN NECROMONICON!!! :D

Seriously, I do care about the details.

What will you do?

Offline Ogianres

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 05:09:31 pm »
Then there may be hope yet  :D. I mostly plan on trying to do everything in chronological order of the creature's development. If I get an inspiration for, say, the industrial age I'll just record it and save it for later.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 05:11:16 pm »
As long as you come up with new and exciting things never before seen on the forum, we will love you  :-* hahahahHA!