Wii or PS3

Wii
77 (87.5%)
Ps3
8 (9.1%)
Neither
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: WII or PS3  (Read 30360 times)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
Re: WII or PS3
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2006, 07:08:21 pm »
graphics matter not. evil aliens killing people in a world war 2 setting vs. sports. which is more apealling to the average person? evil aliens with ultra mega graphics or sports titles with variety and new ways to control the game. and i saw screen shots. even if they decided by the screens alone and still not seeing the evil alien/monster killing part would still see the purpose of the game when they go to buy it. it just dosen't seem as sellable to consumers that don't play games. im not trying to say i don't think the alien killing part isn't totally awsome, but just think about the average person.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2006, 03:03:42 am »
so a monster killing romp is more likely to sell to non gamers than a sports game? please explain.

We were talking about screenshots. Even non-gamers can spot which has the better graphics.
The average person doesnt care about ridiculous graphics. They want to have fun... and the avergae person likely doesnt find massacaring monsters fun.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2006, 03:46:47 am »
true and if you show an older person a screenshot of a typical Wii game versus a typical PS3 game, they'll look at the Wii screenshots and sya something like, "oh that looks fun" while for the PS3 they might say something like "that looks very violent"

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2006, 06:25:47 am »
Realize that I'm mostly playing Devil's Advocate here, seeing as there are so few Sony fanboys running around here to bring this up. Also: I would have posted a proper response to everything, but my work internet is so unstable that it times me out, deletes everything I wrote, and I have to retype everything all over again. So I think a proper response will have to wait. 'Cause typing the same thing over and over again is boring.

Offline extentofmysin

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2006, 10:53:57 am »
The average person doesnt care about ridiculous graphics. They want to have fun... and the avergae person likely doesnt find massacaring monsters fun.

true and if you show an older person a screenshot of a typical Wii game versus a typical PS3 game, they'll look at the Wii screenshots and sya something like, "oh that looks fun" while for the PS3 they might say something like "that looks very violent"

Hmmm... im not so sure... the problem there is that the average youngster usually wants what he cant have,
and will more likely than not find the 'idea' of a more violent or higher rated age cert game much more fun than Mario128!
 - along the very same lines of most under 16 yr old boys wanting to watch all those violent stallone or arnie films..
thats one section of the market Nintendo will lose out on... unless Mario replaces the mushrooms with a
rather large uzi 9mm! erm..

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 02:22:59 pm by LadyM »

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2006, 10:56:32 am »

Hmmm... im not so sure... the problem there is that the average youngster usually wants what he cant have,
and will more likely than not find the 'idea' of a more violent or higher rated age cert game much more fun than Mario128!
 - along the very same lines of most under 16 yr old boys wanting to watch all those violent stallone or arnie films..
thats one section of the market Nintendo will lose out on... unless Mario replaces the mushrooms with a
rather large uzi 9mm! erm..

im positive that the picture on the top is against some sort of rule.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 02:23:46 pm by LadyM »
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2006, 10:58:39 am »
I said Average Person On The Street. Kids are already a captive market for video games. I'm talking about middle aged people and women and all the as yet non gamer demographics.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline extentofmysin

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2006, 11:08:39 am »
well, im pretty certain that the average non gamer on the street with mainly only the television
 to persuade them into gaming will proabably be just as enticed with fancy looking graphics if they
thought about getting into gaming for the first time... I don't think tv will be the way to go to
persuade any newbies - we'll need high street gaming stages/booths with the wiii controller!  ;)

ps- that pic was the first result on google for an 'evil mario'  :o

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2006, 01:57:57 pm »

Wii first, P
iS3 later   :D

Get it? PiS3? Piss?

Man, I'm witty.

Where IS THE DAMN "BOTH" option?

PS3 is a must... because of MGS4. The MGS series owns so hard.
Actualy... im not hearing all that much discussion about games... GAMES should be what matters in a game console.

Most likely though, Ill get a Wii first, and give some more time for the PS3 to sort out its early bugs (and wait for games like MGS4 to actualy be released). Itll give me more time to save up money for it as well.

Some other PS3 games Im either interested in, or want to learn more about:

-Assassins Creed
-Heavenly Sword
-Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
-FFXIII
-Killzone 2
-Warhawk
-Resistance, Fall of man
-Army of two (XBOX 360)
-Stranglehold
-Rainbow 6 Vegas (XBOX 360)
-Lair
-Ratchet & Clank
-?-The Wall
-?-The Eye of Judgement
-?-Indiana Jonhes 2007
-?-Coded Arms Assault

Now the Wii.... not many announced game... but there is:

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Super Smash Brothers Brawl
-Mario Galaxy
-Red Steel

Defently some games I want to play there. And the Wii is really neat.

I really want both consoles.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:01:56 pm by LucasUP »
The glass is not half full or half empty. It is both.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2006, 11:00:55 pm »
Someone probally said this before on this board, but if were talking about joe smoe consumer looking at the wii or ps3 you can just look at PSP and the DS. Graphics Vs. Gameplay and we all know how that is going.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2006, 12:13:39 am »

Wii first, P
iS3 later   :D

Get it? PiS3? Piss?

Man, I'm witty.

Where IS THE DAMN "BOTH" option?

PS3 is a must... because of MGS4. The MGS series owns so hard.
Actualy... im not hearing all that much discussion about games... GAMES should be what matters in a game console.

Most likely though, Ill get a Wii first, and give some more time for the PS3 to sort out its early bugs (and wait for games like MGS4 to actualy be released). Itll give me more time to save up money for it as well.

Some other PS3 games Im either interested in, or want to learn more about:

-Assassins Creed
-Heavenly Sword
-Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
-FFXIII
-Killzone 2
-Warhawk
-Resistance, Fall of man
-Army of two (XBOX 360)
-Stranglehold
-Rainbow 6 Vegas (XBOX 360)
-Lair
-Ratchet & Clank
-?-The Wall
-?-The Eye of Judgement
-?-Indiana Jonhes 2007
-?-Coded Arms Assault

Now the Wii.... not many announced game... but there is:

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Super Smash Brothers Brawl
-Mario Galaxy
-Red Steel

Defently some games I want to play there. And the Wii is really neat.

I really want both consoles.

Almost all the PS3 games you listed are also coming out for the 360.  Killzone, MGS 4, Warhawk and Ratchet and Clank are about the only ones that are definetly 100%   exclusive.  And even then, I wouldn't be surprised to see things like Ratchet and Clank go multiplatform.  With the high cost of the PS3 and even higher cost of games on all systems, a lot of these games need to be multiplatform.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2006, 12:17:03 am »
I wouldn't be surprised to see things like Ratchet and Clank go multiplatform.

The people that make the Ratchet and Clank games, Insomniac, is owned by SCEA, so it won't go multi-platform.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2006, 12:21:22 am »
Okay, but that really wasn't the point.  I was just saying that most games probably will.
Even games like Smackdown that have typically been exclusive to the Playstation in the past are going multiplatform.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2006, 04:06:29 am »

The people that make the Ratchet and Clank games, Insomniac, is owned by SCEA, so it won't go multi-platform.

Actually, they are a independent company, but I believe they have a contrat with Sony.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2006, 09:44:41 am »

Actually, they are a independent company, but I believe they have a contrat with Sony.

Whatever the case, Insomniac and Sony are in bed together.