Author Topic: Garganommoth  (Read 8879 times)

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
Garganommoth
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:59:07 pm »
Well here's my creature. He's kind of a mix between Godzilla (1998) and the Tyranids.

Name: Garganommoth
Type: Insectoid-like reptile
Diet: Carnivore
Blood: Warm
Senses: Does not have eyes, has excellent sense of hearing and smell. Uses sonar to make his way around objects.
Defenses: Has natural red armor and a strong heavy shell on his back.
Weapons: Powerful jaw, scythe blades and strong arms.
Genders: Asexual
Max Speed: 60 Kilmometers per hour
Average Height: 9 foot tall
Average Lenght: 15 foot long from head to tail
Average Weight: 1450 pounds
Behavior and Sociology: Easily annoyed, live in packs of 4-5. Extremely ferocious and brutal while hunting and fighting. Somewhat, calm but alert when doing things other then hunting. Garganommoths stalk there preys before jumping on them. They then attack the animal with there scythe blades and bite the prey's jugular.  When eating, they hold the carcasse with there claws and the rip the meat off with there jaws.
Average Life Span: 500 years
Gestation period: a year
Average Ammount of offsprings: 15
Survival rate of offsprings: 99%
Communication: Garganommoths developped a medium-ranged USW to communicate with each other. They cannot speak like we do, but over long distances they just do a loud cry (which can be heard over 4 miles away) to locate each other.
Special abilities: They have an extremely powerful immune system that protects them from any diseases, infections or poisons.  If they loose a leg, an arm, there tail or small chunk of there bodies, they can grow it back in 5 days (If however they lose there head or torso they will die).  Garganommoths have great physical strenght, they can hold there breaths for several hours and they are also able to go without water for a year.

Home Planet: Garganathar, a medium-grav planet
Habitat: Dried Lands and Deserts

Beliefs and culture: The Garganommoths have always worshipped one thing: The hunt. They do not have a god or believe in spirits. Since there species existed, they have always hunted. They believe that it is honorable to keep the hunt, a tradition. Before going hunting, they have to remember and swear an oath to there people:
-They cannot attack or kill an unarmed creature with weapons
-They cannot kill there prey, if it is asleep
-Fight to death and never run away from a battle
-Never let themselves get captured alive
Most Garganommoths will not hunt or attack a creature it considers "weak" or unthreatening. When the Garganommoths encounter their prey's females or young, they often spare them, considering it dishonourable to shed the blood of those who cannot defend themselves. If those rules are broken, it often means the death penalty for the dishonored criminals.  When returning from a hunt and into there community, they feast upon there prey while listening to didgeridoos-like music.
Technology: Garganommoths have developped high level technology. Daggers and spears are usualy the only weapon that the Garganommoths are allowed to use during the hunt. Lethal weapons a reserved for war and if they are vastly outnumbered. The Garganommoths have cloaked ships that are used for stalking enemy alien ships, however, they do loose there invisibility when firing. Not much else is known about there ships. One thing is for sure, the Garganommoths never cease to improve or change their weapons depending on what species they encounter.

UESW: Garganommoths use UESW (ultra-electromagnetic sonic waves) to communicate with each other, write and read. Let me explain:

They can't lift objects with their minds or read other peoples minds. Basically what I'm saying for my creatures is that they gained UESW  by using their advanced sonar systems. Two or more sonar signals rebounce off each other carrying thoughts of the living-being. Why are they carrying the thoughts of them? It has to do with the neuro cells, their sonar system and their brainwaves. Now I have made explained my form of UESW.

How they interact with their technology: You'll agree that in a hospital, there are vital signals for pretty much all of the body parts right? If technology is able to read the hearts and blood pressures signals, I'm sure that if it were more advanced it could send signals to the body parts. Plus they used technolgy for interacting with Dolphins sonars using frequencies and stuff. If it were more advanced in the Garganommoth case, they could actually form a sonar bond. (UESW). So Garganommoths end up putting their brainwave signals into their technologies and receiving it by pressing a few buttons.

Here is a basic Garganommoth military unit. (The black shell strapped on his back is a plasma mortor launcher. On his wrists are shotguns. The helmet is divided in 2 to allow the Garganommoth to open and close his jaw. The helmet also allows the Garganommoth's to send his brainwave signals (UESW) to the grenade launcher and the wrist's gun. He has complete control over his weapons. And on his feet is just armor. The helmet, the shell and the feet armor are reinforced to hep protect them against non-natural weapons such as plasma & bullets)

Hopefully I can make him look like that in Spore.....at least the unarmored one ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 03:18:23 pm by The Terminator »

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

TheNecromonicon

Re: Garganommoth
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 02:08:01 pm »
... if it didn't look WAY too much like the Necromonicon, I wouldn't feel like I've had a copyright violated and like it more. The only consolation I have is that it looks more like a Carnifax or Hive Tyrant than my Gaunt-ish Necromonicon.

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 02:35:05 pm »
*Sigh* Everything's copywrited these days

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 02:41:20 pm »
Don't worry. I hope I get your Garganommoth on my planet one Spore gets here, I can't wait to see which one of us would win in a brawl  :D

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 02:46:20 pm »
We'll have to see, to early to plan a game now though. ;D

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 02:47:29 pm »
awsome creature, it does look tyranidish but who cares, it still an awsome creature. Kudos.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 02:49:17 pm »
I'm taller but you're bulkier, I'm more armoured but your weakspots are hard to get to, I'm faster but your stronger... definately an interesting matchup.

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 03:31:57 pm »
Indeed

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 03:56:10 pm »
... if it didn't look WAY too much like the Necromonicon, I wouldn't feel like I've had a copyright violated and like it more. The only consolation I have is that it looks more like a Carnifax or Hive Tyrant than my Gaunt-ish Necromonicon.

Aside from the two spiky arms I fail to see any distinct similarities. And you gotta face facts there, those weren't exactly an original idea thought up by you.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 03:58:19 pm »
I know, I just wanted to feel special in my complete lack of originality, like any self-absorbed jerk would  ;D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 03:59:02 pm »
its like a Serlan and Necro combined!  :o

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 03:59:51 pm »
So long as you're honest about it.  ;D
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 05:08:06 pm »
Uhh scary creature there!  :o

But really Cool  8)

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 07:32:17 pm »

Looks more like this than a Necromonicon.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 07:39:21 pm »

Looks more like this than a Necromonicon.

You always have the prettiest pictures Axel. I don't know about you guys, but that thing looks damn sexy to me  ;)

To be honest, thats closer to what I had in my mind when I was making the Necros. But I'm happy with how they ended up, they've grown on me like athletes foot.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 07:43:54 pm by TheNecromonicon »