Author Topic: A Brief history of the Galaxy: Timeline  (Read 54252 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile

TA-DAAA! Can I be the official timeline creator now?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
It's good but I don't think there should really be an official timeline creator. Just whoever ads it on. If we make someone official others will be semi discouraged to add stuff.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
okey dokey  ;D

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Well you can still be the unofficial timeline maker.  ;)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: A Breif history of the Galaxy: Timeline
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 10:48:44 am »
I changed the title.

Now it just needs to be stickied. (And maybe The Naucean, Torpal and VIS could be added at the beginning in a smaller font. We could put on creatures start just in a lesser size then events.)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 10:50:34 am »
I changed the title.

Now it just needs to be stickied. (And maybe The Naucean, Torpal and VIS could be added at the beginning in a smaller font. We could put on creatures start just in a lesser size then events.)

Nah, we can't just add them as it would exclude loads, and we can't include all as it would be stuffed.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 10:54:40 am »
This is why things that are roleplayed could use to be consistant... arent there several RP'ed threads going on at different periods in time? So confusing, this and the number of different, larger threads, is the main reason why I dont get involved in this. Oh, and the fact I have yet to make a race that I want to RP with. They're all designed to be played in Spore right now, so I dont assign too much history/timeline to them.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 11:02:21 am »
This is why things that are roleplayed could use to be consistant... arent there several RP'ed threads going on at different periods in time? So confusing, this and the number of different, larger threads, is the main reason why I dont get involved in this. Oh, and the fact I have yet to make a race that I want to RP with. They're all designed to be played in Spore right now, so I dont assign too much history/timeline to them.

Do you mean This is what things that are roleplayed could use?

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 11:30:59 am »
I think only big events should go on the timeline.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 12:07:46 pm »
Nothing new, it's just a neater version

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 12:11:51 pm »
Very Cool. I don't see why he cant be official Timeline Creator.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 12:53:55 pm »
I changed the title.

Nah, we can't just add them as it would exclude loads, and we can't include all as it would be stuffed.

oh pish posh, of course we can!  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 01:05:32 pm »

A few more tiny differences just to make it easier on the eyes.

Operaghost : If you want I can make a second timeline above the other with the creatures in chronological order.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 01:33:02 pm »
Actually That would work well. One timeline for events and another for creatures above it.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 02:28:51 pm »

Do you mean This is what things that are roleplayed could use?
No I mean "This is why things that are roleplayed could use to be consistant".
Having multiple RP sessions that are in different time periods can cause confusion, and sometimes things that happen earlier on in the continuity may call for a bunch of akward changes on the RP sessions based in the future. Its a little like "Superhero Logic". The superheroes are given their names and powers first, and then you decide how they got their superpowers second. That seems a little backwards, but it works quite well. This kind of thing applies to when multiple RP sessions are dotted around randomly in a timeline, you have already set deciding events in stone, and you are trying to invent how they came to those conclusions. Thing is, good roleplay sessions dont always go to plan, so working towards a predetermined goal can curb the fun. Breaking away from the plan means more changes to be made further down the timeline, but if people are roleplaying in a period further into the future, it gets messy.

-brainfart-
This is of course assuming you have your RP sessions taking place in different time periods. I assumed that, given they are in different threads..