Author Topic: A Brief history of the Galaxy: Timeline  (Read 53582 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
A Brief history of the Galaxy: Timeline
« on: June 23, 2006, 08:23:05 am »
"Jacobs, I want to know absolutely everything that's happened up till now."
"Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it. "-
Airplane II the Sequel

Timeline so Far:

(Credit to Zach Jetter)

As people keep modifying it I'll try to stay current with the timeline up here.

Unfortunately I got into this section a little later then I had planned on so I'm having a little trouble piecing everything together.
Actually if anyone has the spare time to piece it together and generally describe what's happened this could be stickied as a sort of general overall FanFic timeline. Hydro has the Realtime timeline stickied, but it doesn't really give the dates things took place at and such maybe some sort of graphic timeline type thing.

I know it's a big request and I don't actually expect someone to organize them all on to there, but possibly just put an event somewhere on there along with it's date. It actually might just save overall general confusion for anyone.

Seriously it would save confusion, and not just for me. I think It would be a good refrence.

Tylui's Creature timeline http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4447.0
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:16:00 pm by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
I have to say, this is a rather good idea, but we'd have to organize from the start of the universe to when every species appeared, add time points, and agree WHEN today is. How many billions of years later it is and such.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile

I have added some stuff, notice I tried to put today as much in the middle as I can, and I didn't include any years.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Basic Chronological Order fo fanfic events:

-The First Galatic War, Viziera and Allies vs ViS and Allies.
-O.T.H.E.R and CAB formed.
-O.T.H.E.R and CAB have a brief "Cold War"
-The Halcyon War
-O.T.H.E.R reborn.
-SWU born
-The Necromonicon Appear
-Necrid Discord War
-FAR FUTURE: Arcadia and Prison Escape.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
It would really help if we could decide On years so we can at least know the distance between events...but I'll update the timeline with the current graphic until we do.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
assigning specific dates to things can cause problems later and tends to limit people. I happen to like the explanation that time is slightly out of whack in this region of space due to failed time-travel experiments so its impossible for anyone to know exactlky when things happened or will happen.

As for slightly more broad events I think the three oldest civilisations are the Nauceans the Torpal and the ViS in that order (within the fanfic, not when they were created)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
At the same time, Setting it up like that makes it somewhat harder for people just coming in to get the hang of what's going on.

Not that the space time experiments are a bad explination or interesting topic, but a timeline would at least be somewhat of a base that people could make sence of as a refrence. I'm not saying it has to be completely specific but dates on some things would help.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:20:48 am by sgore »

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
;D

GW1 is galactic war 1, duh

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Nice Watching!

I think a basic order is cool, but dating things will make the need for an Earth-Spore time differnce and will quickly become immensley complicated.

There was another, similar thread that included when races became sapient.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
Just ask if you want something else included to the timeline  ;)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Huh, I was doing it at the same time. Yours is neater though so I'll update it in.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
Yay I'm special  ;D

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
We could just divide it into General Periods actually, If anyone has any ideas on what to call them and where to split the lines.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:44:57 am by sgore »

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
How about:
Naucean Renaissance: Up to GW1
The Alliance years:
-O.T.H.E.R and CAB formed.
-O.T.H.E.R and CAB have a brief "Cold War"
-The Halcyon War
-O.T.H.E.R reborn.
-SWU born
Necromonicon Era:
-The Necromonicon Appear
-Necrid Discord War
Post-Necromonicon Era:
-------------------------------
Far Future:
-Arcadia
-Prison Escape

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
I think a basic order is cool, but dating things will make the need for an Earth-Spore time differnce and will quickly become immensley complicated.

seeing as how hydro, sam, and i have all contradicted each other on humanity's place in the spore universe :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]