Author Topic: Nano Suts and 2001x  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Nano Suts and 2001x
« on: June 23, 2006, 05:01:01 am »
Since this technology was brought to the fanfic universe by me i thought i should expand upon the origin of it and how i got using it.

It first originated the idea for a Nano teach suit was from an Episode of Disney's Gargoyles called "Walkabout" back in the day where Dingo encountered this vast multiplying gray nano goo that eventually became sentient and allied with Dingo as his nano suit.

Walkabout
http://www.gargoyles-fans.org/reviews/ep46.htm

I tried to find a screenshot since it looked cool but all i could find was this episode synopsis.

I made a little comic called 2001x which is where i get the X from for Hydromancerx which should be written Hydromancerx but when i got AIM you could not do that and then it got altered to a space and then lost the space etc... but i am getting side tracked from the story.

My little super heroes had nano technology in which i called "organic matrix". Which they sued on the episode of Gargoyles. Here are some pictures of them. Updraft had an exo-suit in which form the shape of a gargoyle and he had telekinetic powers. He is the closest to what the Naucean nano suits are. Note all this was created approx 1996 to 2002.

I also created "organic matrix" items for other characters such as Chasm who had a "rope matrix" in which was a nano bots programs to make a rope that came out of his gloves so he could swing around.

Another version was for Komodo Knight who had "organic matrix" gauntlets or "Blade Matrix" which formed in to blades or claws that she could fight with. She was sorrta like a werelizard so they came in hand for Godzilla-like battles.

Also on the team was Sprocket a cyborg hacker with cool gear, Download a female android with inspector gadget-like abilities, Typhoon a amphibian mutant which hydrokinetic powers and Blizzard which was a gray alien which a huge Mr. Freeze-like Mech Suit.

Eventually i made many evil viillans for them, but there are too many to list. However there was one called Maxtrix in which inspired by Batman Beyond's villain named Inque.

Mine however was made of Nano bots or "organic matrix". She had all the things that the others had plus "wing matrix" was sentient, which was crazy against download the android. As well could throw radio active "organic matrix" at people.

I am not surprised that Jack Zetter developed Axon from this idea since i had done it myself.

Axon
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3763.msg162786#msg162786

Ok now for the fan fic picture with Nano suts on.

Naucean

Torpal

Serlan

Oh also I have some Flash Animations of the "Rope Matrix" and "Blade Matrix" in which i did awhile back.

Rope Matrix
http://www.deviantart.com/view/12562048/

Blade Matrix
http://www.deviantart.com/view/12561915/

Enjoy!!  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 05:05:44 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
Re: Nano Suts and 2001x
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 05:49:32 am »
funny how nano suits are all grey, as a reference to "unknown mystery".

First thing to logically add to it is a chameleon cloaking device or any kind of display or texture.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 05:53:22 am »
yeah. nanosuits rock! could you make one for the snouts too?  :-*
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 06:06:34 am »

First thing to logically add to it is a chameleon cloaking device or any kind of display or texture.

You mean like a Spectral armor that The Ęthirans use? I know my first upload was gray but i did have a little problem with how to colorize it in Gimp so it was really just temporary. Even low tech Technomancer armor in galactic age use thermooptic camo. But i guess Naucean and their allies do not think they need to hide and rather show of the nice slivery nano suites instead.  :D
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 07:09:17 am »
The Nano-Suits are awesome! They move like liquid right? Reminds me of Sandman from Spiderman.
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 07:23:03 am »

Cloaking is pretty simple. However, the reason all nano-suits are grey is because they're composed of thousands of tiny machines called nano-bots. This means that the metallic texture forms together with the shadows they form to go from a shiny metal to a dull grey.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:31:52 am »
Not that logical. Nano machines do not have to be metallic in nature. Infact most nano machines use a lot of organic compounds.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 07:34:08 am »
In which case they usually aren't grey.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 07:36:32 am »
Nanomachines will be constructed out of whatever atoms will be needed to do the task they need to do,. This could be iron,  carbon, sillicon, sodium, nitrogen, radon... any atom on the periodic table. Just whatever they need to use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanotechnology
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 07:41:39 am »
Were talking about a super-complex machine here. It could easily have light bending properties on its outer surface which allow it to refract light in whatever colour is required... it could even render itself invisible that way.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 07:45:04 am »
Nanomachines will be constructed out of whatever atoms will be needed to do the task they need to do,. This could be iron,  carbon, sillicon, sodium, nitrogen, radon... any atom on the periodic table. Just whatever they need to use.

Yes but due to Organic componds nature is more suitable for Nanomachinery.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 07:48:58 am »

That is true, if by organic you mean Carbon, because it can stably bond with 4 other atoms. I'm just saying that nanomachinery will definitely not be limited to metals.
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 07:59:00 am »

That is true, if by organic you mean Carbon, because it can stably bond with 4 other atoms. I'm just saying that nanomachinery will definitely not be limited to metals.
Yeah i generalized. When one talk about Organic componds one often means anything that have Carbon in it. One could also add Hydrogen that is common (both in Organic chemistry and nano technology) and other none metals like nitrogen, oxygen, halogens, and phosphorus. And metals are use to sometimes of course but nano robots are not like small atom sized metallic machines that some believe.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 08:17:47 am »
Heh, your drawing style seems definately influenced by the comic culture. Got the same kind of dynamic flow to it, works well.
Its pictures like these that make me grumble and try to think of where I could stash a scanner in my room. Limited space, limited cash = no scanner, and limited to mouse-drawings. It sucks, because the pencil is so much easier to use  --;

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 08:22:28 am »
Heh, your drawing style seems definately influenced by the comic culture. Got the same kind of dynamic flow to it, works well.
Its pictures like these that make me grumble and try to think of where I could stash a scanner in my room. Limited space, limited cash = no scanner, and limited to mouse-drawings. It sucks, because the pencil is so much easier to use  --;

I soooo agree with that.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons