Author Topic: Is the Oblivion Collector's Edition worth it?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Is the Oblivion Collector's Edition worth it?
« on: June 22, 2006, 06:38:04 pm »
For only five dollars more, I can get a 'making of' DVD for Oblivion in their collector's edition. Which I think is cool, but does anyone else have it? Is the collectors edition worth the extra five dollars for?

Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Oblivion Collector's Edition worth it?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 08:36:30 pm »
For only five dollars more, I can get a 'making of' DVD for Oblivion in their collector's edition. Which I think is cool, but does anyone else have it? Is the collectors edition worth the extra five dollars for?

It's 5 dollars, go crazy. I think it would be worth it, having never seen it. It would be cool to watch the video then play the game, because you would be able to say "I saw that building being made" or "I saw the guy programming the script for that action."

Which is pretty cool. To watch a video of something being created, then using the product. It would be like watching a documentary of your house being built. You'd walk into your kitchen and think "I remember that the italian guy forgot to leave room for expansion and contraction when building the cabinets, and his boss yelled at him and made him do it again." Just some neat little things like that would make the game a lot cooler and more fun for you.

Now I wish I had the video...

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:40:53 pm »
dont forget the cool coin and little handbook thing. And awesome case.

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 09:27:27 pm »
It would be magnificent to see Bethesda fumble through the code like the hairless monkeys they are.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:19:39 am »
It's definatly worth it.  It doesn't cost that much more, and it actually seems to be limited, unlike most video game collector editions.  The making of video shows you some pretty neat things of when they were making the game,  a lot of it's pretty funny.  The small book is really nice and tells you a lot about Tamriels history, as well as the different races and the provinces.  And you get one Imperial Septim coin, which is just plain awesome.

Best collectors edition ever, and it may actually be worth something in the future.

werechicken

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:28:39 am »
really? its like an extra 10 over here, but don't you get a limited edition coin as well, and some sort of guide to cyrodil

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 02:39:19 am »
I got the collectors edition... I totally forgot about the making of DVD... i'll have to give it a look some time.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 03:08:01 am »
I didnt even realize I got the collectors edition, crazy :o

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 03:53:39 pm »
it's pretty neat, but definitely not as good as the Morrowind Collector's Edition. I wish they would have added the soundtrack as well....  ::)