Author Topic: Arcadia  (Read 257674 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Arcadia
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2006, 05:00:59 am »
Grr. Okay, since you did PM me with a decent character description, the Wexxian can join later on when we meet the Kratok - imagine they're stranded together.

I must add that the Kratok does not know he's on Arcadia. No sensible creature really believes that it exists, let alone would actually go looking for it. Even Kal only found it by accident.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 05:03:26 am by Daxx »

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2006, 05:13:52 am »
Oh, okay

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2006, 05:17:57 am »
Thank you great and noble Daxx.

Name: Tagan-Enerva-59-2 "Axon"

Race: New-Wexxian

Sex: Unisex

Class: The closest thing you ever would get to a Wexxian Spec-Ops.

Stats:

Dex 18
Str 9
Con 8
Wis 8
Int 18
Cha 4

Origin:
Axon grew up during the great split of the Wexxian species; some Wexxians schatered afther the destruction of the Originator to all corners of the galaxy trying to escape the memories of the Necromonicon war. The rest became known as the New-Wexxians and tried to rebuild their civilization. This proved difficult since most Wexxians lost all faith in their own race after the betrayal of Nemesis.

Without the Originator, things proved to be nearly hopeless, when it was captured and later destroyed the Wexxians lost their home and as the years passed they also lost the influence in the galaxy, after mere five years the Wexxians where forced to resign their seat in the CAB senate due to the fact that their species could no longer be classified as a civilization.

In the mids of all this; Axon was created. Axon spend his juvenile years in the ruined shipyards in the Thishen system and worked his way up to the position of "Protector of the species"
that important task involved among other things the protection of the Wexxian stations from space pirate attacks.  
I the last years he has been searching the galaxy for means to rebuilding the Wexxian society.
Recently he worked as a freelance pilot for Zhix and they have now crashed on Arcadia, they are however unaware of this fact!

Appearance:
Axon has no ordinary shell, instead he has transfered his entire programing to Nanobots there where previously used to cover a couple of old derelict Enforcer fighters. the nano-suit has the ability to change shape and Axon has previously used it to mimic other species in order to blend in with the crowd!

Special traits:
Descent mechanic (like most Wexxians), Avoids attention, Quiet, Owns his own ship (If you can call a New-Wexxian sloop a ship)

Inventory:
Shapeshifting nano shell, one standart Wexxian Pacifier Ionic gun (Stuns electric systems and pierce through weak personal shields, can also be used against biologicals for stunning them temporally), A more deadly space pirate blaster using illegal Zetromicas gas and finally a cloak for disguising his features (It takes a lot of concentration to look like a biological!)

Edit: Updated with a pic. Thanks again Daxx
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 04:50:34 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2006, 05:30:07 am »
Jack, I think the way we're bringing you in is having you stranded with Kratok. If you guys want to get together and write a prologue, and adjust your character descriptions accordingly that would be great.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2006, 05:47:51 am »
Ok I can be contacted in MSN with JackZetter@hotmail.com

But I am a littel busy right now!

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2006, 07:05:31 am »
Added the stuff Blinx is equipped with  :)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2006, 07:31:29 am »
Liszt sat in the makeshift office serving as the Arcadia expendition's headquaters. He had used more of the institute's money to rent a warehouse in the complex which would serve as a recruiting office, storehouse and miscellaneous HQ. Several days had passed since the encounter at the bar. Everyone present at the time had eventually grudgingly accepted the terms of the expedition, and the mechanic Dom had been hired to repair Fiske's rather dilapidated freighter so it would be capable of an undertaking of this sort.
The others were all tying up various loose ends and gathering supplies for the journey. Some were still in the complex, others were offworld somewhere.
"No. I'm sorry, but we just dont need someone with your skills on this voyage. Maybe some other time" He said to a rather rotund and clearly inebriated Lermiun... forced politeness dripping from every sylable "Dont let me keep you... yes. Goodbye."
It was exasperating. News had got round that someone was paying volunteers 25k to participate in an expedition of some sort and every yahoo, conman, moocher and would be treasure hunter in the system had turned up to volunteer. Not a single one had yet been suitable. Liszt was beginning to worry he might have to hire one of these fools just so he would have a full crew roster...
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2006, 07:35:24 am »
I will be gone for about 24 hours from this point but once I get back I will be able to continue, so could you not have to much happen while I'm gone? Like let the actual leaving wait till I get back?

What will you do?

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2006, 08:54:05 am »
OOC: That Wexxian is awesome

The Scion Complex:

The Itchian watched the Auyuelclaid approah, clad in an the habit of an priest of Dhulami. Bloody Auyulelcliads! What the-? Was that body armour underneath? The Icthian doubted it.
"May the blessings of The Unspoken be upon you, Icthian Friend."
The Icthian's remaining eye turned slowly in its socket, not appearing to care that "The Blessings of The Unspoken"were upon him.
"Abandon Y' Weopons, show me your belongings, then bugger orf."
The Auyuelcliad placed his belongings on the table: the standard Auyuelcliad boiling bowl, medallion and Dhulami holy book. He also pulled out a collpassible Harrakai staff, not much of a suprise there. what was suprising was when he pulled out an old Xorentz Ripper Blast Precision Rifle, and several plates of light armour were revealed by under his habit by the motion of him searching in the bag he had on his back. The Icthian passed these objects through the scanner for registry.
"Now Bugger off."
The Auyuelcliad bowed, and carried on his way....he abruptly turned- tentacles moving him with practised ease.
"One last thing, I'm looking for an Icthian, his name is-"
"Fiske. The Brown Dwarf. Get lost."
The Auyuelcliad proceeded toward the pub, but first he would stop off at the resident Dhulami Shrine to pay his to worship. The religious sector appeared empty.....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:00:22 am by Balthamael »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2006, 08:56:26 am »
Quasqado read the crumpled up piece of paper in his hand, and checked to see if the address was correct. He slowly opened the door, and edged his way into the warehouse carefully, as he was rather large. He shuffled over to the desk of Liszt-5, clutching another piece of paper. He placed it on Liszt's desk. If Liszt were to read it, it would appear to be a job application, containing a name and list of skills.

Quasqado

Deforestation
Hard worker
Good at heavy lifting
Reading ability
Basic math
Willing to do anything to help.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08:50 am »
Quasqado read the crumpled up piece of paper in his hand, and checked to see if the address was correct. He slowly opened the door, and edged his way into the warehouse carefully, as he was rather large. He shuffled over to the desk of Liszt-5, clutching another piece of paper. He placed it on Liszt's desk. If Liszt were to read it, it would appear to be a job application, containing a name and list of skills.

Quasqado

Deforestation
Hard worker
Good at heavy lifting
Reading ability
Basic math
Willing to do anything to help.

Liszt silently rejoiced. Not only was this behemoth which just walked into the room polite and sober, but if what was written on this piece of paper was true then he had exactly the skills needed. Those being: gargantuan strength and only moderate intelligence. That meant he would help out, and wouldnt spend half his time plotting ways to stab the rest of the party in the back and steal their belongings.
"Mr Quasquado. Welcome aboard". He said brightly. "You probably already know where we're going and what we plan to do there. So the next thing I want you to do is take this slip and find a Gryfon named Slack at the brown Dwarf bar on level four. He'll give you your basic equipment. When we need you again we'll signal you on your communicator. We'll most likely disembark in one or two rotations so dont go too far from the complex unless you have a sure way of getting back. You'll get your pay when we get back, as well as a cut of any mineral wealth we uncover. Goodbye Mr Quasquado."
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Dr . Nick

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Hello Everybody
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2006, 10:12:42 am »
While Dom was repairing the freighter he thougt of how drasticaly his life has changed.
Only a couple of days ago he was walking from door to door,not knowing where he would sleep or when he would eat. Now he is repairing a ship that will take him on a treasure hunt.
He couldn't believe how kind the people were to him. He got a place to sleep , a job and they even gave him steamed jam fruits.
Dom couldn't be happier tinkering on the ship. A ship that was severly damaged. He could hear her talking to him. Telling him of the wonders she has seen. And that only encouraged him to work even harder. He still had a lot of work to do on the body of the ship  but, he already repaired the electric cicuits and the living quarters. He reinforced the cargo bay and made sure it could be sealed of from the rest of the ship. All that was left was to clean and repair the engine.
He knew she would fly. And she would be fast.

Dom looks around and notices a couple of torpedo's. He can't stop wondering if he should install them.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2006, 10:14:02 am »
MOVED
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:32:33 am by stuckin2004 »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2006, 10:18:42 am »
Good job guys. Kal's pretty much going to be for comic relief and an IC plot device from now on, so you can organise yourselves. Remember I'm GMing the environment still, so don't take too many liberties. I'll still be determining the success of your plans.

And I'm sorry stuckin2004, but you're going to have to re-write that. Please don't speak for NPCs, and I did already tell you that Kal doesn't need prostheses.

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Opening a new can of spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2006, 10:19:31 am »
OOC:Ok i'm finnally gonna get involoved in this

IC: "Interesting", thought the camoflauged xometrian on the ceiling (Xometrians can walk up walls and on ceilings like most insects due to adhesive pads on feet)"Very interesting". A thump is heard in is heard in front of the Ithican and a xometrians form appears
"I couldn't help hear all your conversations. Well actually I hear everything, and i am interested in joining your expedition. Ihave my own ship so i would not be crowding on yours. Of course, i must have a share in any profits"
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.