Author Topic: Arcadia  (Read 186166 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Arcadia
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2006, 02:05:31 pm »
Thats why I made my guy non-combat. Hes the useful guy who tells the rest which plants not to eat and that a random stone slab has a power source emanating from it.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Dr . Nick

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Hello Everybody
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2006, 02:07:30 pm »
Well i'm also not very combative....i asume everyone knows what grease monkey's do : :D
I'm just hoping i choose well...since i'm seeing so many combative and ''wise'' players

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2006, 02:08:51 pm »
Nah, I'm sure hell be uselful... besides, he can always clonk people over the head with a wrench  ;)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2006, 02:09:44 pm »
(Yeah, I was debating with myself over making a Ghulos laborer or a Squillisk scientist. I picked the Ghulos because I couldn't decide to be a Squillisk Botanist or a Chemist. I'll be sure that Quas sticks close to the Squishies, because the Squishies are important to mission success. And he may be non combat, but, you know. I wanted him to be able to defend himself somewhat. That's why he has CRUSHY HANDS and chainsaws. They're multifunctional :D.)

Offline Dr . Nick

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Hello Everybody
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2006, 02:10:10 pm »
exellent point  :D
He has one , thats for sure http://

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2006, 02:10:25 pm »
Redbloodwakes up in a heap of trash in a ally in the Scion complex.

Redblood thought to him self: "Wear am i? Ahh... My head! Hmm... Now i remember. i was able to sneak on to one of the Lord Goldfirsts trade vessels just before those Technomancers where going to capture me. Then somehow i woke up in this place. I wounder where i am?"

Redblood started to walk toward the street to get a better look.

He thought: "Hmm.. Well at least i dose not like like I'm in the Empire any longer. The streets seams to be full of aliens i have never seen before. But what shall i do now."

With out thinking Bloodred try to ask a strange looking alien where he was but with out any Universal translator was not able to get any contact.

The alien replayed: "Get away from me you **** ******* ***** ***!" And then some even more dirty words to dirty to even cover up with ***s.

Redblood was smart enough to realize that he was not welcomed went over to a corner of a build to sit and think things over: "What shall i do now?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 04:24:50 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2006, 02:12:37 pm »
Yep. I mostly picked mine by random but it would still work well, being able to tell if somethings angry, ect.

Anyways, on with the storie, once I find a way in....

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2006, 02:23:22 pm »
Once Zhix got his components, he asked the one telling the rumor
"Arcadia? Whos the crazy looking for it?"
"Eh? Oh, old Fiske, a crazy old Icthian, thinks he found Arcadia"
"What a dolt! Tell me where he is so I can give him a peice o' me mind"
"That'a guy! Level 4, The Brown Dwarf, can't miss him since he wears that fancy red exosuit"
"Thanks"
As Zhix walks off, he mumbles to himself "Ah, I might not fit in here but I can still get a cent or two from these idiots"

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2006, 02:27:07 pm »
Someone could say they're turning on their "super camoflage shield", but ultimately I determine what happens. Godmoding like that - and that is godmoding at its purest - is liable to get you severely injured or severely killed.

I think more or less everyone has joined. After Hydro joins (or says that he's not going to), I'll close the thread to new characters. Don't worry, new characters can enter but I will have to vet them via PM or something. It may well be that characters eventually leave the RP as well.

Thanks guys for holding up. Was about to go to bed after i posted the idea sicne it was really late. Now today just got back. So let me write something up and get a picture in. So don't close it just yet!!

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2006, 02:27:48 pm »
Drelo landed his small craft onto one of the many hangars of Scion. The Serlan looked around the Hangar while still in his ship, the area seemd to be a place that suited Bounty Hunters and Merc's, he would have to be on his guard. Drelo pressed a button and a modified Teslin came out of its storage area, followed by a Modified Kolo and then a Selmo. Drelo opened the hatch to his ship and put the Teslin in its holster on his back and the Kolo on his side. He then put his Selmo on his front sheath and walked down on of the streets to the center of the city.

Drelo however came to a fork in the road and decided to take one of the left streets. He continued down it until he came apon a hangar where several other Aliens were stationed. He looked at a sign, appearently there was a expedition going on and something in his mind told him to do it. He stood near the sign hoping to be noticed by the manager.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2006, 02:28:35 pm »
Ok, heres my guy. I don't want to ruin the Necrid Discord too much, but I'll just say the Gryfon didn't exactly go extinct  ;D And yes, I did try purposely to make him the most unoriginal character I could think of, and yet HES STILL COOL!  :o

Name: Slack
Species: Gryfon
Height: 3'8"
Weight: 65 lbs

Str: 4
Dex: 18
Con: 7
Int: 14
Wis: 14
Cha: 18

History: After their home planet was ravaged by the Necromonicon long ago, the Gryfon were thought to be extinct. However, several ships were launched just prior to the assult on Gryfon Prime, carrying the families of the wealthier and more pestigious Gryfon on the High Counsel. They travelled through space, searching for a new home. But every planet they encountered had already been destroyed by the Necromonicon herd. Every time they encountered another sapient races, they told them of the horrible fate that befell their homeworld. Ironically, even though the Gryfon were the counch potatoes of the galaxy, they aided in evacuating several species before the Necromonicon came. Many planets, however, refused to beleive even the charismatic Gryfon that a threat so large was comming, and they all quickly fell to the Herd as the Gryfon watched in horror as the event at Gryfon Prime occured again and again. Slowly they made their trek accross the galaxy, until they drifted in to the Delta quadrant and helped the CAB, OTHER, and SWU defeat the Necromonicon once and for all, and settling down on a new planet to begin their lives anew.

Description: As I never fully described the Gryfon in the Necromonicon introduction, I'll do it now: they're basically 3 and a half foot tall platypuses, with 3 eyes and an antenna on top. Their beak isn't as long as a regular platipus, and it holds a full set of teeth. They lack the poisonous spines on their back feet, and have six fingers and toes on each hand/foot. They also have a very flexible and rubbery body, because they have alot of cartilage like sharks. This makes them "bouncy." The main asset of the Gryfon is their irresistable charm and cuteness, to lure you in before they strike with their deals and discounts. The Gryfon are masters of persuation and bartering, extremely intelligent and cocky. They can and will sell anything to anyone to the highest bidder, and are generally regarded among the galaxies other sapient species as the most obnoxious creatures every encountered. Naturally they have taken over much of the Scion Complex's more shady areas and business dealings, however their population is still recovering because the Gryfon are usually too lazy to mate. The Gryfon and the Sombreron, seeing as they're two biggest traders in the Quadrant, have an inate distrust for eachothers intentions. The two species try hard not to get involved in businesses deals together.

Slack was born on Gryfon Two, the new homeplanet of the Gryfon, given to them by the Nauceans for their help in the Necrid Discord. Hes spent his life training in the old ways, and is a master of trade. Because the Gryfon are very weak physically and lazy, they tend to have others do their heavy work for them. But Slack once had a business deal go sour many years ago, and forced past his laziness to train in the art of long range weaponry. His aim is impeccable, and it has proven to be a valuable asset in winning many gambling games. He carries a plasma gun and a set of throwing stars on him at all times.

Slack has brought with him his custom plasma pistol (now destroyed), and a standard Slug Scout Uniform (did I mention Gryfon spend their infancy as well... slimeless slugs?) that makes him look similar to Indiana Jones.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:47:06 am by TheNecromonicon »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2006, 02:32:43 pm »
'ere, 'ang on. Intelligence 18? How can a big fat platypus compete with a being whos basically been engineered for superior intelligence?

Your also 4 points over the limit. My advice would be to cut intelligence a bit and bring dexterity up to 18 (he is a master marksman after all)

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2006, 02:33:57 pm »
Sorry I just fixed it, my calculations were off

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2006, 02:42:48 pm »
That's brilliant guys, great idea to do some prologues. I'm going to call a halt to new characters now that Hydro's showed up (obviously he can still post his character) - if anyone else wants to join please PM me and we'll debate the issue, but we have a lot of characters now.

If everyone would like to post something shortish to describe how you come to Scion and meet Kal, please feel free (remember to be consistant with what's already written). I'd be appreciative as well because it should help us kick off.

If you have items, please post them now within reason (I'll let you know if you've got anything too powerful, and I will be putting heavy restrictions on realism - for example, those chainsaws are going to have to be cleaned and fueled if they're going to work, and wearing them will most likely restrict you from doing anything dexterous). I love the crossbow, btw.
Before we leave I will probably give you an opportunity to obtain stuff that you don't already have if you can convince Kal that you need it.

Adding description/backstory/biography to your characters is heavily encouraged, even when we're progressing through the storyline.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:49:23 pm by Daxx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2006, 02:47:29 pm »
Can I get a response from Mr Fiske or do I write his side of the dialogue too?