Author Topic: Arcadia  (Read 186275 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Arcadia
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2006, 11:46:12 am »
Okay, im late, and you'll probably hate me for bringing this up but.. the entire 18-max system was designed around humans. An 18 was supposed to mean you were really a cut above the rest in this one stat, and that worked out well because we were all humans, all with the same base physical structure/blueprint. Species vary a lot out here, though.

Well, firstly and most importantly, we're only really using the stats for comparison. Secondly, you don't have to take it exactly as the DnD system - consider it a sliding scale from worst to best. Thirdly, most humans are only averaging around 10 ranging from say 6 to 13 in their stats, and it's very rare to have anyone outside this range. DnD characters are the exception, not the rule. Bear in mind also that DnD has other races besides Humans, and they tend to have more or less the same stats.

So it really doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 11:51:21 am by Daxx »

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Opening a new can of spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2006, 12:06:11 pm »
Can a Xometrian, Xulkomato take part
Age: 1656 Xometrian years (The ratio of xometrian years to earth years is 72:1 so thats 23 earth years)

Str:15
Dex:18
Con:15
Int:13
Wis:7
Cha:7

Part of the special ops caste Xulkomato was exiled after performing unorthorized intelligence gathering operation in an alien creatures base. Quite intelligent, he is driven by the will To gain power over others. He has no morale values and would rather kill to get something than open his mouth. Unsociable and ruthless, Xulkomato is the perfect power driven killing machine. As he is part of the special ops caste he is the most evolved for of Xometrain and posses camouflage skin (Chameleon). He has the best hearing of all Xometrians which makes him one of the best listeners in the galaxy

Equipment: A Ventrupotek. This is an archaic ranged weapon similar to a crossbow. It has four pieces of a plant found on Xometria that is very stretchy. This, coupled with the 4 strained parts means that the bolts are likely to completely pass through most living things. Xulkomato has only four bolts. The bolts have a special hole at the end for Xometrians to inject poison into. The weapon is spiked with holes on the end of each spike delivering the poison

He is now a hired rougue, and wishes to join the adventure for any riches gained
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:09:45 pm by chaosandwalls »
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006, 12:17:13 pm »
Cool Crossbow :P
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Opening a new can of spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2006, 12:21:46 pm »
Thanks
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2006, 01:10:10 pm »
Wait... should we all add equipment? (only basic stuff of course)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2006, 01:11:57 pm »
My guy only brought Knowlege

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2006, 01:13:16 pm »
Wait... should we all add equipment? (only basic stuff of course)

I did anyway. It does help, in that nobody can just come up with something in the middle of the story. Everyone knows what one another has...
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2006, 01:15:33 pm »
Good point... in fact, its should be compulsory to declare any item you plan to use at some point (and which isnt obtained later) at the beginning.

Offline Dr . Nick

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Hello Everybody
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2006, 01:19:08 pm »
Thats what i meant with the super camouflage shield :)
So u can predict how to deal with a situation. So no one pulls out a massive gun without having it called

Well i only have 2 items 1 being essential for a grease monkey :)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2006, 01:21:46 pm »
(I hope this is alright.)

Name:Quasqado Ghel'fos.
Race: Ghulos

Statistics.
Height: 7 feet, eight inches.
Weight:292 pounds.
Str: 16
Dex: 10
Con:13
Int:7
Wis: 9
Cha:3

Background: Quasqado, named after the fabled disfigured hero Quasqado the Wretch, known for his horrific appearance and his great feats of Strengh against the oppressive beauracracy of his homeland, used to be quite an average Ghulos. When he reached adulthood he chose a simple job, that of a Field Labor Unit for the Ghulos millitary, tasked with base construction and materials transport, where his strengh and stamina came in quite useful. However, in a suprise attack by a rebel militia organization, Quasqado, not being a trained soldier, lost his hands and his left eye, and his face was disfigured by fire. His limbs cauterized by the energy rounds of the militia, his only option was cybernetic reconstruction,, giving him two Render powerhands, known for their ability to hide of hidden equipment, and a cybernetic eye. However, his disfigured face could not be repaired, and such he has taken to wearing a featureless metal mask. Having his Render class fists equipped with hidden chainsaws, he took a job as a Lumberman, traveling through space aimlessly helping with deforestation projects. However, with the increase of robotic labor, he soon lost his job. In depression, he overheard a conversation between two Ghulos privateers, speaking of a deranged space captain talking of treasure on a hidden planet, at the Scion complex. Having no source of income, and mostly nothing to lose but his life, he boarded a transport to the Scion complex, hoping to join the crew to find TREASURE :D.

Quas is very physical strong and resilient due to his lifetime of manual labor, but his Ghulos dexterity is somewhat lower than that of his peers due to his large, clunky cybernetic hands. He is average in intelligence, although he does excell at reading comprehension. His disfigurements have made an already unsocial creature into a very quiet being, although if approached, he will reply.

(While I typed this, Sam posted something on declaring item usage, so I shall do that now!)

Items: Two Render class Powerfists, cybernetic hands giving him lots of crushing ability, but limiting his ability of fine movements.
Two Barkbuster chainsaws, equipped into his hands.
One Ghulos Defoliator, a small handheld device that fires small gouts of flame, used to clear land of small shrubs and other plants.
One standard backpack.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2006, 01:23:35 pm »
We better put a limit to all of these charachters. Daxx?
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2006, 01:36:21 pm »
The suspense is killing me! Start now! But i do want nauceans... I can't decide! Please Hydromancerx come here and choose!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2006, 01:41:04 pm »
I was wondering if I can add someone in as well? If you think there's too many already its ok, but I've been working on the Gryfon (yes, they didn't acctually go extinct, and they help in the ND) and I have one character I think will be priceless in this game.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2006, 01:44:08 pm »
Aha! those chainsaws will come in handy on a jungle... Oh, can we do a bit of prologuing yet... if so then:

Liszt stepped through the airlock and into the Scion complex. Behind him the Auyuelcliad freigter captain carefully inspected the credit chip he had been given. Liszt surveyed the teeming facility with curiosity. His job tended to take him to desolate ruins on uninhabited planets, he didnt often get the chance to see so many aliens interacting so casually. He moved forward as a muscular Naucean barged past him. "Out the way desk boy!" he sneered, making an offensive gesture.
Liszt quickly found a secluded spot near the railings overlooking the promenade and consulted his datapad for new instructions from the institute. They were fussy like that, and never gave away the mission briefing all at once. Of course, he knew what the mission entailed, finding the lost planet Arcadia and making a decent preliminary study of it, but if any detail was subject to change the institute liked to withhold instructions until they were sure.
His pad told him to find the Icthian 'Kalenyadd-fiske'. Apparently this wouldnt be hard, as he liked to stride around in a bright red exosuit. Liszt felt glad that the leader had seen fit to giving 1.2s colour vision as there were a number of exosuit clad aliens wandering around the promenade.
Since Fiske wasnt immediately visible he decided to ask around. After being treated to a few stonewalls, some specieist comments and total incomprehension by a colourful assortment of aliens... and an oportunity to purchase some sort of narcotic substance from a one armed Urshan, he was eventually given some decent directions.
"Fiske? Yeah, I know where he is. Usually hangs around that old bar "The Brown Dwarf". Its on level 4. I'd stay away from that guy though, he gets funny ideas... pretty harmless though. Shix! theyve caught up to me!"
His Torpal benefactor engaging in a firefight with two pursuing aliens he didnt recognise, Liszt headed for the elevator to level 4.
He found Fiske at the bar, hunched over a drink inside his corroded red suit.
"Uh, Mr Fiske?" Said Liszt...

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2006, 02:00:51 pm »
((That's why I gave him chainsaws and a defoliator. Judging by the Golden Law of Rp, for every useful, but non-combat, character, there will be six super badasses who will pwn all that stand in their way and possibly wear trenchcoats and spout witty retorts..))