Author Topic: Arcadia  (Read 188660 times)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Arcadia
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 08:26:15 am »
Overview - Blinx was a baby when Hidric went nova and blew up Omix, now the omic are a very rare race as they were being continuosly eaten by other sentient beings. (:D) Wanting to defend herslef she bought a T-10000 mech and trained herself to be the best, after 20 Earth years, she was the best mech operator in the Omic species. Soon she started to never take her mech off and was famous for being the best. Once she was hired to operate a nuclear reactor core in her mech suit, it blew up and her nerves were fused into the suit. She is now an exile and is portrayed as a monster. So now she is very self-independent and a bit street-wise. She won't hesitate to kill if she doesn't get her way. she wants to join the mission so she could get a cut and be rich and maybe even get surgery to seperate herself from the cursed mech again. UPDATE - Blinx is now seperated from the mech and her mech has been lost, so she is currnetly on Redbloods shoulder.

Strength - 3
Dexterity - 8
Constitution - 2
Intelligence - 15
Wisdom - 8
Charisma - 5

Skills - She was a mechanic to work her way through university but became a mech pilot.

Age 25

Equipped with : A communicator from Liszt.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:21:14 pm by Alwayswatching »
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 08:43:34 am »
Name:Tsem Muul (ta-sem mool)
Race: Auyuelcliad
Sex: Male

An old ex-Dhulam priest, obsessed with finding old cizilizations and discovering "lost knowledge". He was brought up on searing Banqaq, far too the south where life is hard and people harder. Raised to be a mechanic, something practical, but he was far too thoughtfull. All he cares about is the "Ultimate Truth." Finding out what everything means, whether it matters. He turned to religion to help him, and believed blindly, becoming a priest and missionary.After rising high in the Dhulami church, one day he just didnt believe any more, and abandoned Dhulam at the age of 36, apparently because he had no proof of the Unspoken's existence.When he abandoned Dhulam, he became an Atheist, thinking "Evil" things, such as war and killing, no longer mattered. He became a soldier for a while, earning a medal for bravery in the Redhaven Wars, and in this time he married and has a son. They were eaten alive by Draani while on a ship to meet him on Azuron, which he planned to make his new home. This rekindled his spiritual nature, thrusting him into a Karma-like belief. Uisng contacts from his hedonistic days in The League of Independent Justices and The Tarsine Hand, he has searched for ancient ruins, ancient knowledge(..and a significant amount of treasure..). This has been his life for the last decade or so. A dream of a lost planet like Arcadia is simply too good to miss....

Dex 4
Str 12
Con 11
Wis 18
Int 9
Cha 11

This should be awesome.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:46:36 pm by Balthamael »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 08:47:56 am »
This is so cool and I can't wait until we get started!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:02 am »
Okay, just to let you know this thread is open to everyone, and not just the more senior members. I may have come off as a bit elitist in the past, and for that I apologise - this thread is open to all who are going to take it seriously. However, there are certain important requirements to participating which you should take note of:

You will be expected to post fairly frequently. You must also post in detail. The description of your character should be more than a couple of lines and ideally should contain some background and description so I (and the other players) have something to work with, in terms of character interaction and plot hooks. You must be willing to role-play, and to want to be more focused on telling the story rather than "winning". If you don't feel up to these things then I don't think you'd enjoy the thread.

Good explanation of the DnD stats, Yokto. Remember that as this is free-form I won't be rolling dice per se, but I will take them into account when working out effects of people's actions.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 08:55:05 am »
I can sense more time instablities forming. According to the bio for Tsem, no more than 21 'years' could have passed, yet this was apprently enough time for the ViS to establish several new cities on Azuron, engineer a new upgraded form of ViS and produce 5 generations of them (assuming each generation has the extended 80 year lifespan) so potentially the maximum time passed since 'now' is over 400 years whereas it seems the minimum amount of time is 21.

Dont change anything. These discrepancies can be explained away by claiming time-travel technology went a bit wrong and fractured space and time  :D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 08:58:21 am »
Okay, just to let you know this thread is open to everyone, and not just the more senior members. I may have come off as a bit elitist in the past, and for that I apologise - this thread is open to all who are going to take it seriously. However, there are certain important requirements to participating which you should take note of:

You will be expected to post fairly frequently. You must also post in detail. The description of your character should be more than a couple of lines and ideally should contain some background and description so I (and the other players) have something to work with, in terms of character interaction and plot hooks. You must be willing to role-play, and to want to be more focused on telling the story rather than "winning". If you don't feel up to these things then I don't think you'd enjoy the thread.

Good explanation of the DnD stats, Yokto. Remember that as this is free-form I won't be rolling dice per se, but I will take them into account when working out effects of people's actions.
Yeah i just added the dice for historical reasons and because you can use dices if you wish to randomize you own stats. Some like to build the character around their random stats.  ;)

Anyway i have updated the explanation of stats system with a average score.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 09:00:48 am »
Sorry, i thought it was just after the Necrid Discord War. I WILL Change it, ill just make up a war....
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 09:01:21 am »
I can sense more time instablities forming. According to the bio for Tsem, no more than 21 'years' could have passed, yet this was apprently enough time for the ViS to establish several new cities on Azuron, engineer a new upgraded form of ViS and produce 5 generations of them (assuming each generation has the extended 80 year lifespan) so potentially the maximum time passed since 'now' is over 400 years whereas it seems the minimum amount of time is 21.

Dont change anything. These discrepancies can be explained away by claiming time-travel technology went a bit wrong and fractured space and time  :D

Another problem is that Hidric was supposed to go Nova 120 years from now, when Blinx was a baby it blew up, and now shes 25, so it should be 145 years from now, uh-oh!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 09:01:46 am »
When Gaff was only an infant, his mother died, leaving him to be raised with his father, who was the classic torpalian warrior. Growing up, watching his father fight, Gaff dreamt of nothing more than the torpalian army. His father, however, wouldn't allow it, because Gaff was much weaker than normal torpals, and as his father said, 'unfit for combat'. When Gaff was an adolescent, he ran away from his father while their warship was docked at a space station. From then on, he grew up in the underworld, taking jobs from various cartels for pay. His life of crime  eventually led him to the scion complex, and after meeting another lone torpa,l he was inspired to become a bounty hunter. With all the money he made, Gaff bought high-end black market weaponry, from the most reknowned torpalian vendors. He may have been weak, but he was sure well-armed. Over the years, he made a name for himself as never losing a bounty. As he returns to the scion complex to purchase his annual weapon supplies, he hears of the legends of Arcadia...

While Gaff is weak for a torpal, he is still moderately strong compared to the average species, and his body can still take a lot of punishment. Over the years he has become nearly as well-armed as a commando.He's not the brightest, but he can still figure things out when the time calls for it. He has also become emotionally cold, after longing for his father's approval for so many years, and is often ruthless, and won't think twice about killing.

Str 10
Dex 15
Con 18
Int 3
Wis 11
Cha 9

equipment: 2 shoulder-mounted guns, heated wrist-blades, commando acid gun, two commando pistols (the four-barreled ones)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:11:20 pm by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 09:04:37 am »
Don't close the charachters yet. Give me a little while to come up with a good history for a Dark Star Federation Matarissan! Please! *running off to come up with a bio*
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 09:05:47 am »
Yay now theres a Torpal involved! And my Omic also won't think twice about killing yay!

This is gonna be good.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 09:11:56 am »
Can i ask how we are going to imagine Character interaction? EG Conversations between them, shall we sort it out by PM? I think a nice friendship/rivalry/enmity in the camp would be cool. EG Tsem will probably get on well with Gaff, them both having a slightly "dodgy" past and being from warrior species.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 09:15:32 am »
Can i ask how we are going to imagine Character interaction? EG Conversations between them, shall we sort it out by PM? I think a nice friendship/rivalry/enmity in the camp would be cool. EG Tsem will probably get on well with Gaff, them both having a slightly "dodgy" past and being from warrior species.

IC conversations should be in the thread (that way I know what you're saying). You are your character, so you should mark things with IC or OOC to avoid confusion. If you want to speak, just write with speech marks ("") around what you're saying. It's all in the description and the writing.

Now if there's something you wouldn't logically know, pretend you don't know it when you're roleplaying. For example, if your character is asleep don't later on refer to a conversation two other people had which you wouldn't know about.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 09:20:45 am »
I didnt explain myself very well, i meant that should i make up the other guys response, PM him for it, or make him post it in teh thread? EG:

Balthamael: Tsem says: "So, Tortioses in Sports, ethical or no? i mean, its sconomically sound, but it is ethical: whats your    opinion?

Would i PM the reply and include it in my post?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 09:27:06 am »
The other guy (if he's controlled by someone else) should reply when they post. Treat it like the other RPs we've had - you wouldn't speak for someone else in those. If they're a NPC (or Kal himself), I will type the reply.

Edit: more flavour text in the FP.