Author Topic: Episode 56  (Read 4533 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Episode 56
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:02:30 pm »
Now this is a show! I got Peter Moore, I got a preview of the first RTS for the Xbox 360, I got a review of the Nintendo DS, I got an interview with the godfather of RTS, Louis Castle, I got you a detailed overview of Microsoft Game Studios in Seattle ... I got a lot. Enough with the talk, on with the show!

Gaming Steve Episode 56 Program

• 00:03:15 Game News:
    • Dungeons & Dragons Online goes solo.
    • Wii price and date to be announced ... by September.
    • EVE Online invades China big time.
    • Dragon's Lair goes HD.
    • Blizzard making everything into an MMO?
    • DS Lite sells 136k in first two days.
    • Tim Schafer demands 360-compatible Psychonauts.
    • Spore spreads to mobile phones (again).
    • Lara Croft is coming back.
    • Microsoft is working on a handheld ... what exactly?

• 00:31:54 Interview: Peter Moore, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Business in the Entertainment and Devices Division. Oh yeah, and he also runs something called the Xbox 360.
  • 01:07:36 Game Preview: The Battle for Middle Earth II for the Xbox 360.
  • 01:22:56 Interview: Louis Castle, Vice President of Creative Development for Electronic Arts and the creator of such classics as Dune II and Command & Conquer.
  • 01:34:56 Review: Nintendo DS Lite.
  • 01:41:25 “Name That Game!” contest winner from last week, a new clip, and the always cool prize!
  • 01:45:34 Show Mail: I answer your audio questions.
  • 02:19:23 Final Thoughts: Digital download is just awesome.

Download the show (145 minutes): Gaming Steve Episode 56 (MP3).

Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3).
Add the Gaming Steve Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
Vote for Gaming Steve on Podcast Alley.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:46:21 am by LadyM »

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 56
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 08:12:42 pm »
that was a good show...
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:39:16 pm »
I'm sorry if someone has asked this already, but who are those people that talk and sing at the beginning of each podcast and how are they related to Steve? (Not the people he interviews)

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 12:34:26 am »
I'm sorry if someone has asked this already, but who are those people that talk and sing at the beginning of each podcast and how are they related to Steve? (Not the people he interviews)

It's done by Michael G Shapiro:

http://www.mikemusic.com/multimedia.html

Offline luigifreak

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 08:30:15 am »
I know this has been said before but this is truely the best games podcast on the net.

I noticed in Steve's "Reasons the Xbox failed in Japan" he mentioned the duke controller. The fact is that the duke was never released in Japan, Microsoft anticipated the Japanese reaction to such a large controller and created the S, the rest of the world saw the S controller and cried, "me too!". And the rest is history.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 09:38:30 am »
As some of you know, I am on a slow internet connection.  So, instead of waiting for the podcast to download, I was hoping someone would tell me...  Please say that Diablo 3 isn't going to be an MMO, that what Steve means is that there is 128 player compatibility on Battle Net, and you can still play it single player or over a LAN.  Or at least that Blizzard hasn't finalized their plans to make it into an MMO so I can still hold out hope...  Or that I took that "Blizzard making everything into an MMO?" out of context...  Please...
Signed, Morslok

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 09:49:48 am »
I think what he said is that Blizzard is making an MMO based on the Diablo universe, but they are also making a single player diablo 3.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 09:49:47 pm »
Thank Goodness!  I was worried for a moment.  I don't think my heart could have taken that after the cancellation of StarCraft: Ghost.
Signed, Morslok

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 04:43:51 am »
Just a tip for downloading podcasts. If you're using iTunes to download them, and you would like to listen to them as they download, I found VLC Media Player to be great for doing this. It updates the length of the MP3 while you download it. Just load up the MP3 in progress from your My Music folder.
This way you wont have to worry if your internet connection is slow, I know it takes long enough on my 512k.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 04:30:05 pm »
I haven't listened to this podcast yet (I don't have 2 1/2 hours I can dedicate to a podcast all at once!) so I listen to bits and pieces at a time, but it made news on Gamespot.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 12:26:54 am »
I'm a little late with this, but one of the questions to Steve was about the 360's backwards compatabilty.  Anyone still worried about Peter Moore said, should listen to Major Nelsons podcast with him.  http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/06/11/Show-_2300_178-The-one-with-Peter-Moore.aspx

The phrase "No one cares about backwards compatability" was taken completely out of context, apparantly.
The moral of the story being, don't believe small parts of interviews that IGN posts.   ;)