Author Topic: Rebuild Of Kvatch [Oblivion]  (Read 5319 times)

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Rebuild Of Kvatch [Oblivion]
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:44:22 am »
Who here thinks that a Rebuild of Kvatch is possible through downloadable content or this so called expansion CD that they are releasing later on.

I'm only asking because although it has passed through my head a few times and found the idea could be good and then later forgot about it until I was on the Gamespot/GameFAQ forum for Oblivion and someone brought it up, nearly everybody wanted it to happen but said that it would not happen because it would require a certain prerequisite for the newly added quest to become available, as in you would have to complete X amount of quests before you could rebuild Kvatch. Some people said that this would be a MAJOR change in Bethesda's policy, because they have never made an expansion/add on that requires you to do things before undertaking the newly added thing.

Now some people failed to realize that Bethesda is new to this whole downloadable content thing, and it could be possible for them make a rebuild of Kvatch quest, and in my opinion it wouldn't be a MAJOR change of policy, a major change of policy for them would be to make a game called 'TES: Online', complete with monthly fees and all IMO.

I personally think that they really need to do something with Kvatch, weather it be a rebuild or not, because lets face it, its been raining non stop and the fires never go out, and that guy is still standing in the hall of the castle like he's waiting for something to happen. And there are also subtle hints like when the guy is going on about how they have to find a new count and stuff. And if anybody downloaded the Wizards Tower expansion (I didn't) but you would notice that there was a teleporter to the Kvatch mages guild, although the tower was made before the destruction of Kvatch, you could take this as a subtle hint(or not).

Something needs to happen to Kvatch, weather it's a patch to stop the rain and fire and let the sun come out or a Rebuild of Kvatch quest add on.

Share your thoughts

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuild Of Kvatch [Oblivion]
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:53:25 am »
A chancve for your character to become the new count of Kvatch would be nice.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:56:27 am »
I was under the impression that such a mod already existed. Of course it is not an official mod, but a friend of mine told me about a mod that slowly rebuilds kvatch into a nice city over a certain number of months.

But he may have been talking out of his arse, I don't know.

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:01:09 am »
Yes I have heard about this mod, but im talking about an official one released for not only the PC but the 360 as well by Bethesda. Although the Mod could be good, nobody does it like Bethesda and to be honest I want to see it on my 360 so I can experience it with good graphics that my computer can't handle.

Offline Lord Janos

• Galaga General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:11:03 am »
A chancve for your character to become the new count of Kvatch would be nice.

Oh yes, that would be brilliant.  I'm all for that.

Offline Celdur

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:53:51 am »
hmmm maybe something like getting kvatch for a reason (dont know what you make it up :P ) and then u can decidewhat should be build 1st and meybe even where (like west east north south) and then after u choose yo can see on the following days how the progres is going...maybe even whit a couple of porblems to solve (quests) ...would be pretty cool

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 01:54:25 pm »
Yes I have heard about this mod, but im talking about an official one released for not only the PC but the 360 as well by Bethesda. Although the Mod could be good, nobody does it like Bethesda and to be honest I want to see it on my 360 so I can experience it with good graphics that my computer can't handle.

Oh, If only I had some MarketPlace Points! I thaught the subscription to xbox gold came with some, but obviously not.

Offline 762

• Metroid Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 06:03:05 pm »
Yeah, isn't there supposed to be a theives guild fence somewhere in Kvatch?

Keep looking. The key ain't here.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:14:04 am by Rook »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 06:28:42 pm »
there also an arean there too.
We all b one big intergalactic family and  if you don't comply...NUKES....

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 03:02:59 am »
Yeah I heard of the arena too, its a shame that one of the best cities in the game got destroyed before we could even visit it.

That means that if Kvatch was to be rebuilt it would have a number of new quests unlocked from the:

-Mages Guild
-Fighters Guild
-Thieves Guild
-Arena

That is why I was thinking and someone else mentioned on the Gamespot forum that it would be a little to big to be released on Market Place/Internet, well it would be possible to download it but it might take a while and thats why it would be better to release it on an expansion disk, that is of coarse if that is true about an expansion or whatever.

Offline Cobra

• Dune II Spice Harvester
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 06:04:28 am »
Maybe sections of the town can be released at a time sort of as they are completed also giving the illusion that the town is being rebuilt piece by piece well not so much an illusion seeing it literally is being built that way.

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 07:36:49 am »
I would rather get it in one big chunk, I hate waiting for things like that. Plus I guess everybody with live has to have cable so I guess they could release it on marketplace/internet(PC). But I just hope they make it worth while, like all the new addons they have released for Oblivion have been really worth while except maybe the horse armor(IMO).

Offline Celdur

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 10:59:54 am »
lol i rlly liked it to be rebuilt slowly and if u dont want to w8 just skip a few days whit wait button

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline 762

• Metroid Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 02:50:51 pm »
Maybe you could download it from your computer, burn it to a CD, then put the CD in your Xbox and rip it to the hard drive?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 04:43:31 pm »
If you played Blood Moon and joined the Eastern trading company or what ever it's called they build a village on the island,The buildings go up a diffrent times when you go away doing quests for the village and then you get a house :)...God I miss that game  :'(.

As well the new expansion is most likely summerset isle,There was a movie made to show the game and it was in summer set.
We all b one big intergalactic family and  if you don't comply...NUKES....