Author Topic: New MGS4 Trailer  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
New MGS4 Trailer
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:58:17 pm »
This is gonna be way cool.
It's up on IGN, but I don't want to direct link you there...

If Snake is only going to live for six months, then the sadistic developers MUST be using the system clock for a 6-month real-time limit.

OFF TOPIC:  Here's what I really hope the game will be like.
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4810.msg95241#msg95241

I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Re: New MGS4 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:06:46 am »
I can't bring myself to like this game.  I loved Metal Gear Solid 1, and MGS3 is one of my favourite games this generation.  But this looks like it's following too much after MGS2, which was to say the least, contrived garbage.  I like seeing all the old characters back, but even they remind me of some of the terrible story elements they came up with.  I mean, is there any way they could possibly make that thing with Liquids hand more ridiculous?  And while I don't mind Snake being old, someone has to tell them just how stupid that moustache looks.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:17:27 am »
I can't bring myself to like this game. I loved Metal Gear Solid 1, and MGS3 is one of my favourite games this generation. But this looks like it's following too much after MGS2, which was to say the least, contrived garbage. I like seeing all the old characters back, but even they remind me of some of the terrible story elements they came up with. I mean, is there any way they could possibly make that thing with Liquids hand more ridiculous? And while I don't mind Snake being old, someone has to tell them just how stupid that moustache looks.

Yeah, a moustache and a mullet. How butch.  :D

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:06:38 pm »
But the mullet is awesome.  Just wait for Kirby in Smashbrothers with a little bandanna and a mullet.   ;)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 01:08:59 pm »
But the mullet is awesome. Just wait for Kirby in Smashbrothers with a little bandanna and a mullet. ;)

Honestly, Kirby could make the mullet work. That guy can pull anything off.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 01:10:03 pm »
But the mullet is awesome. Just wait for Kirby in Smashbrothers with a little bandanna and a mullet. ;)

Honestly, Kirby could make the mullet work. That guy can pull anything off.
He was pushing it a bit with the bowser bushy orange eyebrows though
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 02:53:44 pm »
I can't bring myself to like this game.  I loved Metal Gear Solid 1, and MGS3 is one of my favourite games this generation.  But this looks like it's following too much after MGS2, which was to say the least, contrived garbage.  I like seeing all the old characters back, but even they remind me of some of the terrible story elements they came up with.  I mean, is there any way they could possibly make that thing with Liquids hand more ridiculous?  And while I don't mind Snake being old, someone has to tell them just how stupid that moustache looks.

And thus, if there is a comment made. There has to be a web comic on that subject

Behold!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 06:41:15 am »
I can't bring myself to like this game. I loved Metal Gear Solid 1, and MGS3 is one of my favourite games this generation. But this looks like it's following too much after MGS2, which was to say the least, contrived garbage. I like seeing all the old characters back, but even they remind me of some of the terrible story elements they came up with. I mean, is there any way they could possibly make that thing with Liquids hand more ridiculous? And while I don't mind Snake being old, someone has to tell them just how stupid that moustache looks.

And thus, if there is a comment made. There has to be a web comic on that subject

Behold!

I loved that strip. :)