Author Topic: Inspiration, and the lack of.  (Read 17678 times)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
Inspiration, and the lack of.
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:05:48 pm »
Its strange really. I look at all these threads filled with detailed descriptions and pictures, and I remember when I used to be able to do that pretty easily. Right now? Im uninspired. Even if I had the inspiration I probably wouldnt go as far as to write up the history of an advanced creature, when I havent even played the thing yet to find out how it should grow... and I have serious troubles designing building exteriors, never been any good at coming up with that (pre-game planning, I mean.)

What do you use to help inspire yourself, or what do you normally find yourself thinking about when you happen upon your best ideas? Not trying to keep you all on a leash here, but i'd appreciate it if you keep posts full of page-long lyrics or large images out of this. This is just going to be a thread that might help save someone from an artists/writers block. I personally find my better scribblings come out on their own, when im relaxing on a night. Best way to unwind is with a glass of something really cold (preferably a little sweet, fizzing and with ice), a good sandwich, and perhaps some kind of online radio and some decent headphones. Then, I just scribble away randomly whilst listening to music and chilling out, just doesnt work for buildings is all   :3

Offline Dr . Nick

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Hello Everybody
    • View Profile
Re: Inspiration, and the lack of.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
Hmm, the way u talk about how ur going to get in the mood to write,
Is alrdy very entertaining :)

I'm not sure If its apropiate to do this http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5080.0
If fiizz and foodies are ur way to go, u might find some help there and if not i'm always in for some constructive posting.

'' Best way to unwind is with a glass of something really cold (preferably a little sweet, fizzing and with ice), a good sandwich, and perhaps some kind of online radio and some decent headphones." yea this was a qoute but since i have no idea how to actually do it..not the entire text  ;).
bla bla bla, u get the point
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:43:27 pm by Dr . Nick »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 03:44:50 pm »
I personally find my better scribblings come out on their own, when im relaxing on a night. Best way to unwind is with a glass of something really cold (preferably a little sweet, fizzing and with ice), a good sandwich, and perhaps some kind of online radio and some decent headphones.

for some odd reason, that just makes me picture you sitting in a big armchair, in front of a fireplace, wearing a fancy robe and smoking a pipe
 :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 03:48:11 pm »
Opera, you're not alone!  :D
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:58:47 pm »
Re-reading that, so do I.

"I personally find my better scribblings come out on their own, when im relaxing on a night. Best way to unwind is with a glass of something really cold (preferably a little sweet, fizzing and with ice), a good sandwich, and perhaps some kind of online radio and some decent headphones. Sometimes at the stroke of midnight I feel that the muses have forsaken me, so I run myself a nice tepid bath with imported natural bathsalts and listen to Flight of the Valkyries to help clear my mind.. warmed siberian tigermilk and caviar nibblets for dunking at hand"

Well its better that than being accused of trying to brainwash you all into buying some crisp, delicious, pepsi max (choice of a new generation).
*bank account silently recieving a nice donation*

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 04:09:27 pm »
I personally do all my best work late at night with my headphone while sitting on my bed. I also have alots of books (with pictures) as inspiration. Animal atlases, anthropology books and my new alien science books are very helpful. Of course you don't really need books there is the internet. But i personally like flipping though them to get ideas. Also watching say the history channel or discovery channel gives great ideas for my creatures. I am always like, wow imagine if i put that thing in Naucean history or wow thats cool behavior for an animal why don't i make a creature that can do that. After awhile I see the shows more for inspiration rather than entertainment. For instance they had a whole show on Krakatoa on discovery channel and i am thinking of having a volcano disaster for the little island way out there on my Naucean planet to erupt just like that.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 07:21:00 pm »
My creativity comes from a burning desire I've had since I was young, to be better than everyone else and prove everyone wrong. When you're picked on and beat up every day of your childhood, you become introverted and focus on getting back at those who hurt you, through many creative means. While I'm grown up and logical and calmer now, I concider the Necros the culmination of all the hate I still harbor for the ones who bullied me back in school. Creativity comes best from nessessity, to see a need and fulfill it. This has filled my need for revenge.

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 08:01:48 pm »
I just daydream, really. Just sit there and think, hey, wouldn't it be cool if...
And once I get the basic idea in my head, I obsess over it in the back of my mind, and try to combine what would be really cool to have in there with what would logically fit with it.

Prefrably I do this in a cool (I mean, litterally, cool temperature) environment, because this helps me think. I don't know why, though.
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 08:16:24 pm »
i also do my best work at night but its only a one time deal,almost always my first drawing is the best of the day,the rest are so so
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 08:32:58 pm »
For me its listening to different kinds of rap music. I think of the race as I listen to the music, and I look at pictures and think of different scenarios. I dunno thats just me.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 08:55:31 pm »
I do my best thinking at midnight-six in the morning, meaning I only get good ideas when I stay up to about three.

What will you do?

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 08:56:49 pm »
Man! I wish I had your luck, so far ive only spent 3 nights asleep.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 08:59:20 pm »
What do you mean?

What will you do?

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 09:00:57 pm »
Ever since June, ive only went to sleep on normal basis thrice

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 09:03:18 pm »
I don't sleep, I feed off the souls of the innocent  ;D