Author Topic: Great Xbox 360 games.  (Read 7223 times)

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Great Xbox 360 games.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 03:59:53 pm »
I picked up LOTR:BM 2 today. its good but as the reviews said it has a steep learning curve, witch after i conquer i think this game will be awesome.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 06:09:59 pm »
I love the idea of Dead Rising, but I do agree with others that it will likely wear thin after a week or so. Now if there were some sort of multiplayer mode where you could work together to try and fend off the zombies using anything at your disposal, that might add some replayability. But it seems like a concept that is short-lived entertainment. And quite honestly, I want more for the money.

Well, the game only actually lasts three hours. It has a point-based system, much like ye olde-school video games. The actual meat and potatoes comes from the replay value. Supposedly, the player can play through any number of times, doing different quests and killing zombies and taking pictures for more points. Each game is never supposed to be the same. That's what I like about this game -quick, easy, and mindless fun.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Faxanadu ELC

• Fire Truck Driver
  • That rug really tied the room together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006, 07:15:30 am »
For a while there Capcom was quickly becoming irrelevant.  But after Resident Evil 4, and the upcoming Dead Rising and Lost Planet, I'm exciting about what they'll do next for the first time since RE2.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2006, 10:51:05 am »
I picked up LOTR:BM 2 today. its good but as the reviews said it has a steep learning curve, witch after i conquer i think this game will be awesome.

yeah I got that one too and I'm having a good time with it. I broke into the top 100 yesterday, but that won't last for long because, I made the mistake of introducing my girlfriend to animal crossing and I'll be lucky to get access to the TV ever again. :( Dead Rising looks like it will offer a lot of fun especially if you take into account the achievements (what a great idea that was on MS part) but yeah I'm getting dead rising on day one.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 12:45:43 pm »
I'm not much of a Megaman fan, but this is awesome.  ;D  (from Dead Rising)

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2006, 02:18:19 pm »
Hehe. You can even take those little Servbot heads at his feet and go running around popping them onto the heads of zombies. You can take a picture of that for bonus points, then go clean up. Now imagine that, but with traffic cones.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2006, 02:25:32 pm »
There's actually a light saber in the toy store as well. So your dreams of Mega Man fighting hoards of zombies in the Star Wars universe will finally come true.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2006, 08:09:28 am »
Trusty Bell.  I'm usually not big on Japanese RPG's, even the upcoming Blue Dragon and Enchanted Arms look as if they'd bore me to tears.  But I absoloutly love the art style of this game.  It's by the creators of the Gamecube Baiton Kaitos games, I never played the first one, and I don't think the sequel was even released here, but I'm pretty tempted to look into them after hearing about this.

"The story take place in a dream world which centers around the piano composer Frédéric Chopin, who died at the age of 39 due to sickness. Three hours prior to his death, Chopin entered a dream fairy-tale land, which inhabited by people with incurable diseases, who also have magical power.

In the dream world, Chopin meet a young girl named Polka, who lives in the Village of Tenuto. Polka also has a dying disease, her boyfriend Allegretto is searching for ways to convert Polka's magical power to help cure her disease."

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 01:00:08 pm »
COD 2 is defiantly great now that I played throw it.

Offline Psammeticus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Crazy Pharaoh from 500 B.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 02:06:20 pm »
Anyone heard of Overlord?  I think it's coming out in 2007 but it looks very humorous.
Pharaoh and co. Beating people down with a ceremonial mace since 3,200 B.C.