Author Topic: Great Xbox 360 games.  (Read 7308 times)

Offline Kenaz

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Now with 20% more blue!
    • View Profile
Re: Great Xbox 360 games.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 01:49:05 pm »
I don't have a 360 but I've heard that G.R.A.W. (ghost recon) and Call of Duty 2 are good.
"I thought Pink Floyd was a brand of grills." - 762
One of the many intellectual discussions in Gabbly Chat.

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 11:50:11 pm »
Oblivion
Geometry Wars
Mable Blast Ultra
are all good but i think
Perfected Dark Zero is utter crap.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 12:15:16 am »
Oblivion
Geometry Wars
Mable Blast Ultra
are all good but i think

Perfect Dark Zero gets too much hate, it plays almost exactly like the original Perfect Dark/Goldeneye, just with a slightly updated contro method.  The single player missions all pretty much suck, but so did the original Perfect Darks.  The game does at least have good multiplayer.

Outdated yes, but it certainly doesn't suck.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 09:49:22 am »
Oblivion
Geometry Wars
Mable Blast Ultra
are all good but i think

Perfect Dark Zero gets too much hate, it plays almost exactly like the original Perfect Dark/Goldeneye, just with a slightly updated contro method. The single player missions all pretty much suck, but so did the original Perfect Darks. The game does at least have good multiplayer.

Outdated yes, but it certainly doesn't suck.

I agree, it was good for 1995. But shiny walls and online play doesn't bring it into the present day.

Offline Faxanadu ELC

• Fire Truck Driver
  • That rug really tied the room together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 10:42:52 pm »
PDZ - Online is the only way to play it.  Co-op is fun, it's really the only way you should play the story mode.  Multiplayer is best with Onslaught, Infection or Eradication, the bots now work pretty well in the Dark Ops modes as well.

CoD2 is great single player, and now the online is great now that the lag is fixed. The Sniper rifle is overpowered, though.

GRAW is also great single player, and the multiplayer is awesome too, except for the watered-down graphics, and no "cover" mode.

Battlefield MC is great for multiplayer if you like something along the lines of Big Team Battle in Halo 2.  The physics with vehicles are annoying (especially tanks), but they finally fixed the voice chat.

Hitman Blood Money is also fun, but if you didn't like the previous ones it won't change your mind.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 01:08:47 pm »
I didn't like the Perfected Dark Zero multi player. I dunno maybe it was the guns, the fact you can't jump, you can't really pick your character, or maybe that I only found one map I liked.

At lest you can have more then one person playing on the same 360

I don't really hate the game, but I don't really like it ether

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 08:15:04 am »
I want to put in a good word for Dead Rising. Why? Because the mindless slaughter of zombies is fun! Plus this game looks to be over-the-top and wacky. Very much more along the lines of Shaun of the Dead than Dawn of the Dead. I can dig it.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Kenaz

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Now with 20% more blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 08:38:47 pm »
Dead Rising looks like one of those games that will be fun for a week but then you'll get tired of it. Kinda like State of Emergency (ps2).

Still slaughtering thousands of zombies using anything you find does sound like fun.  ;)
"I thought Pink Floyd was a brand of grills." - 762
One of the many intellectual discussions in Gabbly Chat.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 10:07:19 pm »
The best games availible now, IMO, are Oblivion, CoD2, and maybe Prey soon.  I only have CoD2 but I have Oblivion for my PC and the Prey demo was incredible.  Some other games are pretty good but maybe not worth 90 bucks.  What I'm doing is holding off till the fall to buy any new games.  Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Saint's Row, N3, Splinter Cell: DA, Dead Rising, and tons more coming this autumn.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 12:20:08 am »
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but Saint's Row looks really pretty good.  I'm waiting for the demo to see how it plays though.
Dead Rising does look really good.  Big area, thousands of zombies, and lots and lots of weapons.
And Test Drive is out in September, it has a lot of potiential to be great, but the demo they released played like crap.  If they could fix the handling/phsyics before the game is out then it should be good.

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 09:26:42 pm »
The best games availible now, IMO, are Oblivion, CoD2, and maybe Prey soon.  I only have CoD2 but I have Oblivion for my PC and the Prey demo was incredible.  Some other games are pretty good but maybe not worth 90 bucks.  What I'm doing is holding off till the fall to buy any new games.  Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Saint's Row, N3, Splinter Cell: DA, Dead Rising, and tons more coming this autumn.

90 bucks!!! were do you live!! were I'm from xbox360 games cost 60 bucks. I must agree that Pre demo was unforgettable, I played throw a condemned demo too and it was crazy good, but i don't know if i could shell out 60, or in your case 90 bucks for it. tomorrow i am picking up Lord Of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II, hopefully that will be a new addition to this list.

PS. do arcade games count for this list?

Offline owen99

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 01:25:48 am »
english prices are comparable to 90 bucks or even higher. So think about how much they are ripping us off.also dont you think prices are becoming a bit too much. people are concentrating on the ps3 price when what they want to report on is the skyrocketing price of games.

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 01:29:16 am »
i think compotition will lower the price of most games, just not the mega blockbusters like Oblivion or Halo.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 11:02:46 am »
The best games availible now, IMO, are Oblivion, CoD2, and maybe Prey soon. I only have CoD2 but I have Oblivion for my PC and the Prey demo was incredible. Some other games are pretty good but maybe not worth 90 bucks. What I'm doing is holding off till the fall to buy any new games. Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Saint's Row, N3, Splinter Cell: DA, Dead Rising, and tons more coming this autumn.

90 bucks!!! were do you live!! were I'm from xbox360 games cost 60 bucks. I must agree that Pre demo was unforgettable, I played throw a condemned demo too and it was crazy good, but i don't know if i could shell out 60, or in your case 90 bucks for it. tomorrow i am picking up Lord Of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II, hopefully that will be a new addition to this list.

PS. do arcade games count for this list?

They cost 50, which when converted to $ equalls approximately $90

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 11:33:10 am »
I love the idea of Dead Rising, but I do agree with others that it will likely wear thin after a week or so. Now if there were some sort of multiplayer mode where you could work together to try and fend off the zombies using anything at your disposal, that might add some replayability. But it seems like a concept that is short-lived entertainment. And quite honestly, I want more for the money.