Author Topic: Great Xbox 360 games.  (Read 7310 times)

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
Great Xbox 360 games.
« on: June 18, 2006, 07:35:56 am »
Do any of you have any suggestions for a 360 game that I could get?

They cost about $90 in the UK which is rediculous so I can't afford to buy them often (although the prices are falling gradually).

The games I have now are...

- Perfect Dark Zero
- Oblivion
- Burnout Revenge

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Re: Great Xbox 360 games.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 10:15:14 am »
Kameo is a really great platformer, classic Rare stuff.  The game itself isn't very long, but there's a lot to do to unlock all the achievments, and it's really quite hard.  They're almost constantly adding in new downloadable content for it too.  The Joanna Dark costume is really cool.   ;)  A lot of people don't seem to like it, but there's a demo up on the market place so you can at least try.

Condemned is a good horror game, really quite scary and suprising at times.  Project Gotham 3, Dead or Alive 4, Call of Duty, etc.  Chromehounds is out pretty soon too, a mech based squad game that's looking really good. Really, the best thing to do is to go onto the market place and download some demos. 

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 11:59:24 am »
I have about 15 demos on my Hard Drive including the new kameo demo. Honestly I wasn't very impressed with the controls, they just seemed a little clunky and unresponsive. However I really loved the Art and character design.

The Quake 4 multiplayer was really cool, but I'm not sure if I can cope with all that annoying lobby stuff.

My favorite demo by far though is Call Of Duty 2, the control sticks are calibrated perfectly, animations are fantastic, and the framerate was consistently high. I have also played through the level about ten times so I can see some major replay value. What's the multiplayer like? Also the price has dropped to 30.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:16:59 pm »
CoD was fun but I got oblivion right in the middle of playing it so I haven't gotten around to beating it. I've played online and it was alright, but keep in mind that I only played 2 online matches and it should be noted that it's ranked #1 on the top live games on the 360 followed by G.R.A.W. Look here. So it seems to be pretty popular. I  also enjoyed GRAW online.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:02:04 am »
I completed the Oblivion main quest, I am still playing after 100 hours and I see many more hours at stake.

OH, yeah, about that list. How did Oblivion come third in table even if it doesn't have online play. I guess that must be what people are playing whilst connected to xbox Live.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 09:27:23 pm »
OH, yeah, about that list. How did Oblivion come third in table even if it doesn't have online play. I guess that must be what people are playing whilst connected to xbox Live.

Yeah they plan on fixng it so it only show online play, but it should be more or less accurate to what's most popular online.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline owen99

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 09:35:49 am »
If you are thinking of buying call of duty think about getting it on the PC as it is cheaper and overall a better game. other than that table tennis is great multiplayer but not so great solo play

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 10:20:23 am »
Get CoD2.  You won't be dissapointed.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:39 am »
If you are thinking of buying call of duty think about getting it on the PC as it is cheaper and overall a better game. other than that table tennis is great multiplayer but not so great solo play

[see sig]

Offline PhantomVI

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 12:30:21 pm »
What!? No one has mentioned Table Tennis? I've had quite a bit of fun with it so far.
G.R.A.W. is simply a must-buy. I picked up Fight Night Round 3 after playing the demo and haven't been disappointed. King Kong is definitely worth a rental -- it's short and pretty easy to beat (but still really enjoyable), plus it basically amounts to 1000 hassle-free Gamer Points.
A spunky load of noodles.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 12:45:21 pm »
Go with Call of Duty 2. It's the only one that I can almost guarantee you'll get something out of, other than say Geometry Wars, which is fantastic. I felt the same way about Kameo to be honest; it's control scheme did absolutely nothing for me but I really wanted to like it. After a while though, I stopped kidding myself and realized it wasn't for me.

As for Table Tennis: I've found that people without any interest in ping-pong typically don't enjoy it. My best friend got it from Gamefly for a rental but didn't enjoy it in the slightest, whereas I practically devoured it, even in single-player. But then I play table tennis on a daily basis, so seeing it that well translated into a videogame was really surprising and fun.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:47:03 pm by PHI-1618 »

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 04:23:19 pm »
Play Oblivion.  It's the best game you can get... and it never ends for about four months and then keeps on not ending as long as you fork over 2 bucks a month for sidequests.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 07:44:06 pm »
Play Oblivion.  It's the best game you can get... and it never ends for about four months and then keeps on not ending as long as you fork over 2 bucks a month for sidequests.

It was probably my favorite game...maybe for about 200 hours (which is admittedly a lot). But now that I've done all the quests and stuff with a few different characters, I needed a break. I'll probably go back to it sometime, but hearing the same three musical scores really got to me. But seriously, I think those 2$ mods are a bit of a rip off, considering the small amount of content you get with them. I'm just gonna wait for an expansion.

As for new games...F.E.A.R. for the 360 looks pretty good, and so does LEGO Star Wars II, but those aren't out for about 3 or 4 months.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 07:46:58 pm »
Welcome to the forums!

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 12:37:23 pm »
Play Oblivion. It's the best game you can get... and it never ends for about four months and then keeps on not ending as long as you fork over 2 bucks a month for sidequests.

I have already played it through, twice. Well worth the asking price.