Author Topic: I would pay for this podcast if .....  (Read 13053 times)

Offline Jon Galt

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
I would pay for this podcast if .....
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:23:34 pm »
a new episode came out each week. It seems like the podcast has taken a backseat to RL. Anyway I love the show, keep up the good work.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Re: I would pay for this podcast if .....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:25:25 pm »
But don't even think about it.  >:(   ;)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 06:25:18 am »
But don't even think about it.  >:(   ;)

Agreed :)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:27:58 pm »
 Why are you guys posting here? We must bury this thread before Steve sees it

*realizes his not helping*

... Shoot

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 06:46:27 am »
I don't think it's such a crazy idea, considering the growth of micro transactions.

Hell I have paid subscritption to IGN and I don't get a tenth from that site that I do from Steves podcasts and forum.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 11:20:54 am »
Steve will lose 80% of his listeners if he begins to charge money for his podcasts. :P

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 12:55:59 pm »
Damn it! You brought it back again!

Ok, the writings on the wall. If Steve does charge for his podcast... someone put them on bit torrent  ;D

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 03:12:42 pm »
I know that the PC gamer podcasts has a two minute add for newegg.com. It's tastefully done and funds the podcasts. I'm all for Steve doing advertisements as long as he does it tastefully. And cmon, interviewing someone about their game is free press for the Dev/productizer anyways.
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 04:58:21 pm »
Come on - this podcast is paid for by Microsoft.  If Steve isn't getting an allowance for his Zune endorsements, which, after all, have nothing to do with gaming, then he is being cheated.

I can tolerate product placement endorsements, but I will not stomach blatant advertising no matter how tastefully it is done - either in games, or podcasts, or whatever.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 05:36:47 pm »
Come on - this podcast is paid for by Microsoft. If Steve isn't getting an allowance for his Zune endorsements, which, after all, have nothing to do with gaming, then he is being cheated.

I can tolerate product placement endorsements, but I will not stomach blatant advertising no matter how tastefully it is done - either in games, or podcasts, or whatever.

So you must not watch to much television, movies or read any newspapers, magazines or the internet? :P Well I don't see it as much as an advertisement, he just talked about what features it has, and that there was going to be an announcement about it. Maybe your right, he's probally getting money from EA and Blizzard too, because he talks about Spore and World of Warcraft all the time. ::)
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 05:40:53 pm »
The Zune is legitimate front page news because it is the only thing that has a remote change of being the iPod Killer.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 05:57:20 am »
Come on - this podcast is paid for by Microsoft.  If Steve isn't getting an allowance for his Zune endorsements, which, after all, have nothing to do with gaming, then he is being cheated.

I don't know if you were here when the 360 prices were announced, but Steve was disgusted by the underhandedness of Microsoft. He's not being paid. If he were, he'd certainly update his site more often because more updates=more dollars.

http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/2005/08/xbox_360_only_2_1.php

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

gec05

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 07:50:10 pm »
Who is this Steve? *looks at top of page* Oh, him!

I'm beginning to forget that Steve exists, he sure is quiet right now. Then again, there is no really big news especially during the summer months.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 10:01:20 pm »
There is always news though, just check www.kotaku.com, I have them on an RSS feed, and it's always updating.

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 11:30:13 pm »
If Steve decides to talk about the Zune he is perfectly entitled to. It's his show, he sets the rules.Given that people thought the Zune was going to be a games machine, it's perfectly legitimate to talk about it. Given that it shall be used for podcasts, or whatever Microsoft calls them, it's perfectly legitimate to talk about it. Given that Steve often talks about movies, it's perfectly legitimate to talk about it. Given that Steve often talks about hardware and gadgets, it's perfectly legitimate to talk about it. Hell, given that Steve will even do boardgame reviews if that takes his fancy, it's perfectly legitimate to talk about it.