Author Topic: Supernatural Power in Spore Fanfics  (Read 20472 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Power in Spore Fanfics
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2006, 04:49:57 pm »
Well i save some of my races simply because i what to do them in spore. And most of the fanfic is not really meant for spore. Is unlikely their will be large space battle betwine space Armada's what we know to day. But that dose not stop us from imagining it. Imagination will  be a big part of the game. (Last thing i was working on right now was the mathematical naming system for the planets in my for my Ęthiran Star system. Thing like that are just fluff to add depth to the game play.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2006, 05:43:32 pm »
Personally I find it a bit odd that anyone is writing or participating in a "fanfic" for a game that still likely won't be out for about a year, is still subject to change on a number of levels, and they don't know exactly what content will or won't be present. Role playing stuff is all fine and dandy, but I think the whole thing has gone a little beyond "this is the stuff I want to do in Spore!"

Hydro made Nauceans. This sparked a fad, and soon everyone got their own creature, and it just ballooned from there.
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2006, 05:49:17 pm »
Is not like it was not going to happen sooner or later anyway. I have seen a lot of fanfics base on 4x (or 5x) games so it would be odd if Spore would not get a lot of fanfics writers and artists.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2006, 06:43:39 pm »
Still a year to go. Man, this has such snowballing potential that its almost not funny. Almost. >:3

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2006, 06:44:53 pm »
You mean >:D right?

What will you do?

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2006, 07:05:32 pm »
Oh no, ">:3" is a very different.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2006, 07:06:24 pm »
How so?

What will you do?

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2006, 07:16:43 pm »
Yeah, a lot of snowballing potential. But have you ever considdered that instead of continuing to hype for Spore, the Roleplaying will get too big for the game itself, and become it's own site / subculture of alien race inventing? Like, an entire new thing just dedicated to what we do here on the Creation Corner, only completely unrelated to Spore? Because that's where it's going, if it gets that huge. Eventually it's going to expand so much that it has to seperate from Spore. Eventually, there will be people making races who haven't ever even heard of Spore, and this whole thing will be just an open story galactic RP combined with a forum in which people create alien races.

Not that that's a bad thing.

All of this has given me a greeeaat idea for a new website...  ;D
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2006, 07:24:31 pm »
It is natures sole goal to expand in all aspects. Expand in numbers, expand in intelligence, expand in ideas and creativity, expand in possiblity. Expand life to fill the universe. The only reason we exist is to keep existing, and exist better than we once did.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2006, 07:32:33 pm »
Damn you stole my post....

Anyway that would be great!

What will you do?

werechicken

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2006, 08:00:24 pm »
mine can get information from the mind of a freshly killed creature, if it's alive when the Rinthuu capture it.... well, it's even fresher!

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2006, 02:18:29 pm »
From the few pictures I've seen of the xx, they look wholely feasable physically with the current creature editor, as long as they stay in water.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2006, 02:18:46 pm »
Personally I find it a bit odd that anyone is writing or participating in a "fanfic" for a game that still likely won't be out for about a year, is still subject to change on a number of levels, and they don't know exactly what content will or won't be present. Role playing stuff is all fine and dandy, but I think the whole thing has gone a little beyond "this is the stuff I want to do in Spore!"

I dont think anybody thinks theyll be able to do any of this in spore. But its fun bragging about how awesome your race is because you won the battle of nibblepibble or something... if your race is awesome... if it isnt... well... theres always: "Lol but I used a blak whole to kill all yore ships LOL!!!11!!"

mine can get information from the mind of a freshly killed creature, if it's alive when the Rinthuu capture it.... well, it's even fresher!
Thats cool, it fits the expertise of the Rinthuu and has minimum godmoding potential.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.