Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341382 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #3825 on: July 06, 2017, 08:22:42 pm »
I'll assume you paged GD because you knew I'd just show up on my own.

Is there a stop or gym on your daily walking route?  You get big bonuses for catching at least one pokemon and spinning at least one gym/stop a day.

With the redesign to gyms you can throw a pokemon of pretty much any level into a gym and get a few coins.  Take advantage of any openings you see in friendly gyms.  Then save those coins to max out pokemon and item storage space.  Give me a bit and I can find more tips than that.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3826 on: July 07, 2017, 09:40:03 am »
On my normal route I have no gyms or Pokestops, but if i am low on Pokeballs I take a long route to a park which passes 3 Pokestops and has a Gym at the park. If i time it right i can visit 2 of the 3 Pokestops twice while walking my dog.

I have never gotten any coins before. How do you get them besides paying real money (which i do not want to do). Any tips about Gyms would be great since they are rather confusing.

Also I have had my pack get full before. What items are worth disguarding for space? I have been throwing away some low potions to make space for more Pokeballs and such.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:41:39 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: July 08, 2017, 12:51:02 pm »
Meant to reply last night but I just passed out instead. You get coins from having pokemon at gyms. Any friendly gym with less than six pokemon, you can instantly put in one of your own. Otherwise you'll have to fight your way in. If you haven't been battling then you don't have much use for potions, but you will once you start. What's the strongest Pokémon you have so far? I can go find a FAQ when I'm not on my phone.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3828 on: July 08, 2017, 08:35:03 pm »
I have a 1157 CP Arcanine who is extra large 259.53kg. The next Strongest is just a 939 Sandslash, 910 Rapidash, 858 Xatu, 844 Granbull, 835 Primeape and 802 Vaporeon. Compared to the ones i see at the gyms these guys are weak. :(

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: July 08, 2017, 09:23:21 pm »
That may be about right for level 18, I forget. Battling at a gym with those won't get great results, but it doesn't matter for a friendly gym. I saw one with a mankey in the 500's today. Best way to learn is to try. And if you do get something in a gym, give it a berry before you go. Best to use the banana looking things, they're worthless for anything else. You know that you can get items from gyms now too, right? Have you leveled anything up yet?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3830 on: July 09, 2017, 11:27:07 am »
So in my walking area I usually get the following Pokemon around unless there is some special event ...

Common
- Rattata
- Pidgey
- Ekans
- Sandshrew
- Paras
- Ponyta
- Sentret
- Murkrow
- Snubbull

Rare
- Nidorina
- Nidorino
- Venonat
- Mankey
- Abra
- Geodude
- Eevee
- Hoothoot
- Ledyba
- Natu
- Teddiursa
- Houndour
- Growlithe

Very Rare
- Pidgeotto
- Arbok
- Furret
- Poliwag
- Rhyhorn
- Ariados
- Sudowoodo
- Sunkern
- Ursaring
- Slugma

Besides catching all that i need and evolving the ones I need which Pokemon should I catch? I have been catching Rattata for the small Rattata achievement thing. And Pidgeys for evolving. Are there more common ones I should be catching? Also is there any point to catching dead end Pokemon like Sudowoodo or Murkrow?

Also last year when I tired it on my sisters phone there was a lot of Oddish around but I have never even seen one using my own account.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:33:13 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: July 09, 2017, 03:16:25 pm »
Those achievements don't really do much except give you xp, and whatever enjoyment you get from getting a shiny digital medal.  I'll usually only go for common stuff if they're weak and I'm basically guaranteed stardust and candy for one pokeball.  Depends on how many balls you have to work with, really.  There will eventually be an evolution for Murkrow in later generations if you want to stock up on candy, but they're a real pain to catch so I usually leave them alone.

Gotta run so I'll go through that list later, but grab every eevee you can.  Its evolutions are some of the strongest in the game right now, especially vaporeon.  So here's a guide I found, may be overly simple but maybe it'll help?  I'll poke around there and on the Sylph Road in the related links section to see if I can find more helpful stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/wiki/manual#wiki_main_map

EDIT:

Interesting, I've heard about there being different biomes for pokemon.  In my area I get more water, grass, and bugs.  You get more ground, rock, and fire.  Your common tier isn't going to be much use other than mass evolutions with a lucky egg, though a high level rapidash might not be terrible.  Grab any abra, geodude, eevee, teddiursa, gorwlithe, rhyhorn, and maybe houndour that you see.  Definitely grab any magikarp you see flopping around, Gyrados is a beast.  Otherwise, prioritize anything you haven't fully evolved or for things that will be powerful if leveled up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:23:41 pm by Inkling »

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: November 05, 2017, 11:31:44 am »
Tired of Pokemon Go? There's a new game called Draconius Go, which is basically a Pokemon Go copycat, that actually includes some features that Pokemon Go has been missing. I think the greatest part is that it allows you to play in rural areas and forests, something that should have been integral to Pokemon Go in the first place.