Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341651 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #3450 on: July 29, 2016, 08:51:34 am »
Whoa man, watch out you're really close to that edge.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: July 29, 2016, 10:33:41 am »
Yellow's my favorite colour. Also I like Zapdos.

But I also figured that Yellow would probably be the least populated, and went with it because of that a bit.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3452 on: July 29, 2016, 11:58:25 am »

<3

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: July 29, 2016, 03:16:47 pm »
I like the color blue.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Gec

• Defender Devotee
  • I dig 'em.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: July 29, 2016, 03:23:49 pm »
I like the color Blue as well. This has affected many important decisions regardless of the consequences.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: July 30, 2016, 12:02:12 am »
Choosing based on color, I was pretty conflicted. When I was a little kid, I once said my favorite color is orange, but then changed my mind to blue because that's what my brother thought...  For all these years, I always said my favorite color is blue, but recently I realised I really like orange. Orange is my original favorite color, so it is the truth.

But yellow isn't orange, and red isn't orange. So here we go blue. You aren't orange, but I did like you. Besides, orange and blue go well together, just like all these movies would like to testify.

http://priceonomics.com/why-every-movie-looks-sort-of-orange-and-blue/

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: July 30, 2016, 03:18:19 am »
Team yellow up in here.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: July 31, 2016, 03:02:56 am »
So, there has been a new update to Pokemon Go.

They have removed the footsteps altogether, and your avatar is now fully re-customisable. The transfer button is also more easily accessible.

Makes sense to remove the footsteps if they aren't working. Otherwise they just serve to confuse players who aren't aware of the bug. But hopefully they are planning to reintroduce it once they get it working again.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: July 31, 2016, 05:26:05 am »
They also removed battery saver mode on the iPhone only. Makes sense, it froze the app almost all the time.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3459 on: July 31, 2016, 08:22:47 am »
They also removed battery saver mode on the iPhone only. Makes sense, it froze the app almost all the time.

Wow that's ****ty.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: July 31, 2016, 09:03:09 am »
Games is crashing even more after the update. Thought patches were supposed to fix things. :-/
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3461 on: July 31, 2016, 10:14:03 am »
Not in [current year].

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 31, 2016, 10:28:45 am »
Bleh.  They also added in more safety warnings about not playing while driving and other stuff.  But because they took away the battery saver mode, I'm more likely to have it on while I'm driving certain low speed routes in order to hatch eggs.  When I went for a walk I would put it on battery saver mode and put it back in my pocket.  Now it's going to go through the battery a lot faster, and it makes it much more obvious that I'm playing the game.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 31, 2016, 03:42:09 pm »
They also got pokevision taken down. Now there is no way to track Pokemon at all (unless you can get your own version of the python code going which don't have even a basic understanding of). This really kills the game for me in a lot of ways I open the app and don't feel motivated to look for the Pokemon that show up I was probably close to done when I couldn't track before pokevision now that I can't do it at all I see my list of near by 'mon and basically now think well if it isn't on my current planned path I'll never find it and certainly not inside of 15 mins.

I don't know who has time for walk down every single side street for Pokemon that probably aren't even there but with that much time I don't know how they can afford a smart phone that can play this game.

To me it's like if any game removed the subtle to not so subtle hints on where to go. Open world games with no quest markers (some people do enjoy that it seems though) or mario game with no coins to  show you to jump over here. Take this info out and progress becomes to hard to be fun.

I get why Niantic shut them down they technically were breaking the ToS and data mining the servers slows the game. Still being able to actually find the Pokemon is what made it fun. I also know from what Steve said in a recent podcast if they don't take down now it gets harder to do later. Still in the end it makes the game stop being fun and that's a bigger killer for me.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: July 31, 2016, 04:11:51 pm »
I guess I play the game differently than other people.  I'd never go looking for a specific pokemon, I'd just open the game while bored and see if anything showed up, or go for a walk and see if anything appeared along the way.

Driving with the the game up on my phone in cupholder and glancing over when stopping at red lights yielded some interesting results, I discovered a local park I didn't know existed.  But I'm a former professional driver, the rest of you probably shouldn't attempt it.