Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341635 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #3270 on: July 16, 2016, 10:28:53 pm »
"I want to win not for money, not for honor, but for more Braixen Hentai" - EVO Champion Tonosama

Everyone knows Gardevoir hentai is where it's at.

>not sengoku rance

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: July 17, 2016, 04:56:02 am »
Well. I went for a walk and caught some trash pokemon (though I actually like Pidgey so whatever!) then I found a Jynx, literally one of my least favourite pokemon of all time and caught it twice, with the app freezing both times, then for the remainder of the walk the app wouldn't even load despite having full signal on my phone. Came home and connected to wifi, caught two ratatas on my kitchen table. It's a nice day so I'm gonna go to the park and try my luck there.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: July 17, 2016, 05:07:27 am »
Don't transfer away duplicates unless you start running out of space - evolving Pokemon gives experience so you should save all the ****ty pidgeys and ratatas until you get a lucky egg and then evolve as many as you can.

And don't start using up your stardust until you catch something really good.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: July 17, 2016, 06:17:27 am »
Alternatively, transferring pokemon gives you a candy so you could unload the really weak duplicates to be able to evolve the decent stuff sooner.

Do lucky eggs go in the same category as normal eggs or are they treated as an item?  Do you know if it's a lucky egg before it hatches?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 17, 2016, 06:37:31 am »
Welp, my trip to the park was pretty unproductive in terms of pokemon. The app doesn't seem to like doing anything if I have less than 3 or 4 bars of signal so half the pokestops I checked in at didn't even activate. The "nearby" indicator was consistently full of pokemon with three footprints and the number of footprints never dropped. I tried tracking a Seel near my university campus and I walked around the perimeter of two decent sized parks on either side of a road and never got any closer to it. If the range that a pokemon shows up in is so massively wide they need to give an indicator of direction, even just a single cardinal direction would do. I can't imagine anyone walking such a massive perimeter just to be rewarded with a slim chance of catching something.

Hopefully in town where there's more data traffic the haul will be better.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: July 17, 2016, 06:48:29 am »
If the range that a pokemon shows up in is so massively wide they need to give an indicator of direction, even just a single cardinal direction would do.

This, so much this I was tracking a squirtle at a park and never got closer. I know it does stuff like the near by Pokemon will pulse green if you are getting closer but that is so inconsistent the whole tracking thing is incredibly buggy. From what I have gather sometimes it won't remove Pokemon from the near by list when the server refreshes so the Pokemon always is 3 prints a way but because it don't exist you don't get closer. Force closing the app refreshes your list though.

Either the app needs to work second to second on if you are getting hotter or colder on a tracked Pokemon or at least as you said just at least give basic cardinal directions.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: July 17, 2016, 07:38:07 am »
I've read there is a bug in the tracking system since the recent update, causing all Nearby Pokemon to appear at a 3 step distance, no matter the actual distance. And of course, the servers are probably unstable again, since the game was just released in 26 countries yesterday.

I visited the nearby small city closest to my hometown today. I also expected Pokemon to be nonexistent there, but actually there were surprisingly many! And a fair amount of Pokestops as well. So it's not as bad as I thought.

It's also on the seaside, so lots of water Pokemon. Got a Poliwag! Lost a few Pokemon due to the game freezing during catching, though. But I have the worst web connection on my phone, anyway.

But still, back to the countryside, zero Pokestops, zero Gyms, zero Pokemon. Luckily I won't be here for long. At least the incense seems to work, but probably it would get me more Pokemon back in the city. Also, you need to set your phone clock to be set by network for the incense to get pokemon at faster intervals, apparently.

I've also read catching Pokemon gets a lot harder when you reach level 20... So I'm not so sure about leveling up really fast by evolving all the pidgeys.

Anyway, since I'm here, I'mma walk around hatching my eggs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:44:11 am by Great Distance »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3277 on: July 17, 2016, 08:06:25 am »
You're all so great. :3

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 17, 2016, 08:43:31 am »
Yeah the subreddit is just full of people complaining about the three footprint thing right now.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: July 17, 2016, 08:50:49 am »
At least the incense seems to work, but probably it would get me more Pokemon back in the city. Also, you need to set your phone clock to be set by network for the incense to get pokemon at faster intervals, apparently.

Incense worked (kinda) when I used it in my house to see what it did and caught a couple of ratatatatatats but when I tried it in the park it did absolutely nothing.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: July 17, 2016, 09:03:18 am »
It got me a machop in the middle of nowhere. Another thing is that if you're moving, it should also attract more pokemon than standing still. Relevant thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t5vu0/psa_incense_spawns_1_pok%C3%A9mon_every_5_min_while/

Some people said they got nothing with incense until they changed the clock settings.

But the server's been pretty bad today.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: July 17, 2016, 09:09:14 am »
Lol today? If by today you mean since start
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: July 17, 2016, 09:10:01 am »
Nah, it got better right before they released it in 26 more countries.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3283 on: July 17, 2016, 09:46:40 am »
Truth.

Can't we just keep this game First World? Did we really have to give it to the Italians and the Scottish?

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: July 17, 2016, 10:42:50 am »
Well, looks like I did get the pokemon that the game froze on. Wahey! My seal, cloyster and crabby are back.

Now if only the servers would work...